CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

39 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Interesting that both the Stamps and Riders say they are out on Sankey. Thought he would be worth a look. Is there a chance he lands on a team this year? He’s only 29. 

He has massive deficiencies in his play. His high tackle totals are a red herring hiding the fact he can only play within the tackles and 5 yards of the LOS. He is a throw back MIKE. Defences use their MIKE differently now.

40 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

He has massive deficiencies in his play. His high tackle totals are a red herring hiding the fact he can only play within the tackles and 5 yards of the LOS. He is a throw back MIKE. Defences use their MIKE differently now.

Yeah he was prob the worst sideline to sideline linebacker in his 2 yrs here...also if play didn't come right to him was horrible in his pursuit angles and tracking a guy down...got burned time after time after time....and I don't think he offered anything as a coverage guy either from what I recall

1 hour ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Interesting that both the Stamps and Riders say they are out on Sankey. Thought he would be worth a look. Is there a chance he lands on a team this year? He’s only 29. 

I don’t see the reason to bring in a guy who is too slow to do what we ask our MLB to do.  

If he wants to play for nothing and on obvious run plays maybe. Guy got beat to the sidelines by Tommy Stevens FFS. 

7 hours ago, Geebrr said:

I don’t see the reason to bring in a guy who is too slow to do what we ask our MLB to do.  

If he wants to play for nothing and on obvious run plays maybe. Guy got beat to the sidelines by Tommy Stevens FFS. 

Didn't just get beat, Tommy pulled away from him. At one point he was almost in tackling distance and then just like that Tommy was 15 yards out ahead of him. SLOW.

3 minutes ago, Purple_Reign said:

Not sure what all the hype is about Streveler.  He has a role as a backup and does it very well. but as a starter I am sorry to me he is not starter material. If he comes back to the CFL will he be improved as a QB?  I am not so sure.

why wouldnt he be better?...when he cane here as a raw rookie had 2 yrs of experience as a starting qb....He got 2 yrs here to learn, and will now have had 3..4 yrs down there growing and learning from coaches in the best league in the world....and has shown great success at times down there as well...so no reason at all to think if he comes back late this yr, or next that he wont be heads and shoulders better than he was when he left

50 minutes ago, Purple_Reign said:

Not sure what all the hype is about Streveler.  He has a role as a backup and does it very well. but as a starter I am sorry to me he is not starter material. If he comes back to the CFL will he be improved as a QB?  I am not so sure.

He is a fan favourite for a reason. Lots of fun to watch. No guarantee he would be as effective if he returned. Yet much more experienced and he’d sell a ton of merchandise and tickets.why wouldn’t the team want him back? 

Edited by Rod Black

15 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Ford named Edmonton starter for next week.  Force him to do anything with his arm and he's screwed.  Can't let him run around.

I still think he's their best option right now. He's got the highest upside of anyone in their camp. Not saying he'll beat us next week, but for their sake, I'm glad they're giving him a chance. 

8 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I still think he's their best option right now. He's got the highest upside of anyone in their camp. Not saying he'll beat us next week, but for their sake, I'm glad they're giving him a chance. 

I think he has a role but can't pass for ****.  Even in U Sports.  Doege looks decent, as much as almost anyone does as a raw first year pro  They need to commit to run though to help any of these guys out.

Havent been able to keep up on here much lately, but did some catching up. Some people think the argos might go undefeated? Sheesh. Kellys played like 7 games. Kids good but hes not nearly as good as rourke was. Nevermind him going down with injury. Hes going to have some bad games

4 minutes ago, CodyT said:

Havent been able to keep up on here much lately, but did some catching up. Some people think the argos might go undefeated? Sheesh. Kellys played like 7 games. Kids good but hes not nearly as good as rourke was. Nevermind him going down with injury. Hes going to have some bad games

He has had some bad games. The team is just good enough and most of the rest of the league is bad enough where it doesn't matter.

9 minutes ago, CodyT said:

Bro, nobody, except perhaps Chad, thinks we'll go undefeated.

I'm not even sure we'll be 1-0 this week. Sure, on paper we ought to murder these Stampeders... But check what our recent record is in Calgary. It's worse than abysmal.

56 minutes ago, bluto said:

Bro, nobody, except perhaps Chad, thinks we'll go undefeated.

I'm not even sure we'll be 1-0 this week. Sure, on paper we ought to murder these Stampeders... But check what our recent record is in Calgary. It's worse than abysmal.

Looking at the next batch of Argos games getting trapped and under performing is the biggest risk. Id take a tough sched stretch over that. 
Argos are the class of the east and no1 in the league right now. But bc was just right there with them and we crushed em. Power rankings don’t mean much till the play off stretch.