Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season

Wideleft

12 minutes ago, bustamente said:

It shouldn't difficult but the Bombers need to re sign Demski imo,  both lines should be interesting this off season to see who they want back who decides to leave and if any younger guys are ready

“We’ll take some time to evaluate, but I’d love to be back here,” said Demski, who posted career-best numbers with 64 receptions for 772 yards and 10 TDs in just 13 games. “I’ll take some time to evaluate everything and see where it goes.

“There’s a huge list of why I’d want to come back. At the end of the day, you just never know in this league; the CFL, it’s a nine-team league, everybody talks so I’ll sit back and evaluate and see what happens.”

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:
“We’ll take some time to evaluate, but I’d love to be back here,” said Demski, who posted career-best numbers with 64 receptions for 772 yards and 10 TDs in just 13 games. “I’ll take some time to evaluate everything and see where it goes.

“There’s a huge list of why I’d want to come back. At the end of the day, you just never know in this league; the CFL, it’s a nine-team league, everybody talks so I’ll sit back and evaluate and see what happens.”

That's a polite way of saying you're going to have to give me so much money, you won't be able to afford Lawler.

2 hours ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

If Schoen goes to NFL (I do hope he gets his due), we look for another Schoen, simple as that. 

I'll tell you right now, they will never find another rookie receiver who can come close to duplicating what Schoen did this season, he's a one-off.  Think about it, bringing in Brandon Zylstra would actually be a downgrade.

2 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

I'll tell you right now, they will never find another rookie receiver who can come close to duplicating what Schoen did this season, he's a one-off.  Think about it, bringing in Brandon Zylstra would actually be a downgrade.

Agreed. I don’t think we acknowledge yet just how special of a year Schoen had. 

2 hours ago, Wideleft said:

I think Santos-Knox could solve more of our problems than Lawler, to be honest.

Of course, that depends on what happens with Schoen.

I’d take Jsk back on a heart beat. 

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

You'd rather have him than a healthy Kyrie Wilson?? 

If it’s an option I’d consider both. 

wilson was easily our best defensive player last year. He and biggie are pretty similar players though. Jsk is different. 

it wouldn’t happen, but especially if jake retires id look hard at a 3-4. Having biggie Wilson and Jsk all on the field with sayles and the Jeff’s would be sick. 

2 hours ago, Wideleft said:

That's the normal order of operation.

Not wrong tbh. Especially for a fast athletic guy. 

2 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Kyrie should be on the field twice as much and jump around after plays.

He would be more popular 

Kyrie is wicked. But Jsk is too. Kyrie isn’t pancaking ol to make tackles in the back field. 

I don't understand the Ellingson hate on this board.  The guy made two clutch grabs in the Grey Cup ...one leading to a TD, the other a chance to give us the go ahead points.

Don't forget he had a monster game against Calgary 152 yds receiving just before he got hurt. This is the first time he's missed any significant time in his career too.   I'd welcome him back in a heartbeat.  Collaros and Ellingson have wicked chemistry.

16 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

I don't understand the Ellingson hate on this board.  The guy made two clutch grabs in the Grey Cup ...one leading to a TD, the other a chance to give us the go ahead points.

Don't forget he had a monster game against Calgary 152 yds receiving just before he got hurt. This is the first time he's missed any significant time in his career too.   I'd welcome him back in a heartbeat.  Collaros and Ellingson have wicked chemistry.

Soon to be 34 year old WR who missed over half the season at a high salary is an obvious choice to move on from in a SMS world.

20 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

I don't think it's hate. He's an aging veteran who spent a lot of time on IR this past season. Did the offense really struggle without him? Not really.

SMS implications have to be considered when it comes to a player like Ellingson. 

Rose is another interesting choice. Alexander and Nichols are under contract for next season. Parker looked good at HB and is on a rookie deal. Houston looked good before his injury. Ford is a national, on a rookie deal and looked good in his start. Lawrence looked good as well. Club seems to recruit dbs well. Rose may be odd man out given he's likely more expensive than other potential options.

2 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Rose is another interesting choice. Alexander and Nichols are under contract for next season. Parker looked good at HB and is on a rookie deal. Houston looked good before his injury. Ford is a national, on a rookie deal and looked good in his start. Lawrence looked good as well. Club seems to recruit dbs well. Rose may be odd man out given he's likely more expensive than other potential options.

I thought Rose play improved quite a bit the last 3rd of the season ( the whole defence did) and I wouldn't be so quick to move on. We found some guys who can play but Rose has some experience that I'd like to keep around

I like Ellingston but I like him for 120 k. Shoen likely gone. I'm not sure this team has to spend a fortune on a wr in free agency. We've shown we can find talent through the pipes. That plus a couple of value free agent looks and well be okay.

Not sure if Jefferson and Jeffcoat took a step back in the sack department because of lack of talent in the interior. But I could see Jeffcoat going elsewhere. Can't keep johnny a Unfortunately. 

Demski will cost big $

20 minutes ago, Dr. Blue said:

I could see the team letting Couture sign elsewhere, and going with Kolankowski full-time.

Agreed. Kolankowski struggled at the beginning of the season as did the whole O-line, but got better each outing. Couture was not good in the GC game and ought to fetch a good price in a trade.

11 hours ago, captaincanuck12 said:

I don’t hate him.  If it’s between him and lawler it’s a no doubter to go with lawler though.