Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season

Wideleft

25 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Demski will be back. All those comments mean to me is that if someone wants to back a dump truck full of money up to his house he will listen to them.

I don't even think they mean that. It just means he has not started any contract talks with the Bombers yet and won't entertain a lowball offer.

2 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Just read Rose played on a broken foot. Any word on any other players playing banged up? What was Zachs ankle actually like? 

If there was any other news (that was from yesterday, btw) it would be here. Zach said his foot was fine...

Kyrie Wilson missed a ton of time in 2021 also... I'll say this again... I absolutely love him as a player, I think he was our DMOP before getting hurt, and I would maybe consider him our most important defensive resigning... but he's played 11 of 32 regular season games over the past 2 years... I'm not sure if that's a guy you can bank on to stay healthy...

BTW, go back and watch the play he made in the 4th of the 2021 cup.... he's getting mugged by an O-lineman (which was actually called) and he still fights through the hold and reaches out to make a crucial one-armed stop on Don Jackson... an absolute thing of beauty

5 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Kyrie Wilson missed a ton of time in 2021 also... I'll say this again... I absolutely love him as a player, I think he was our DMOP before getting hurt, and I would maybe consider him our most important defensive resigning... but he's played 11 of 32 regular season games over the past 2 years... I'm not sure if that's a guy you can bank on to stay healthy...

BTW, go back and watch the play he made in the 4th of the 2021 cup.... he's getting mugged by an O-lineman (which was actually called) and he still fights through the hold and reaches out to make a crucial one-armed stop on Don Jackson... an absolute thing of beauty

KW in coverage is truly spectacular. I don't know many LBs that are as good in man coverage as KW is.....

56 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Yeah, I thought he was going to have a huge year and was really upset when he went down. Him and Jeffcoat are certainly going to be tough guys to negotiate with.

Just now, bustamente said:

If Paddy is back it makes sense that his brother Big Stan is coming back

as Booch has mentioned a few times, Stan The Boy Bryant is the last one to sign, usually. He'll wait and let everyone else get what they need/deserve, and then he'll take whatever in the end. He's not concerned about a massive raise or anything. Knows the team will take care of him.

12 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

First one 

I am confused. Riderfans said that our loss Sunday changes everything and that we would experience a mass exodus of all our good players in FA? How can we be extending all stars?

3 minutes ago, bustamente said:

If Paddy is back it makes sense that his brother Big Stan is coming back

Stan has re-upped several times here already. If he wanted to leave he would have done so a long time ago. The only way Stan isn't back is if Stan isn't offered a contract and the chances of that are zero.

2 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I am confused. Riderfans said that our loss Sunday changes everything and that we would experience a mass exodus of all our good players in FA? How can we be extending all stars?

They actually said that? They know that it's the culture here that guys stay for right? Not purely wins and losses.

6 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

They actually said that? They know that it's the culture here that guys stay for right? Not purely wins and losses.

Nope, the poster who started that thread does not seem to realize the value of culture to a player, In his defense, neither does his teams coach or GM.

Edited by GCn20

On 2022-11-21 at 8:53 PM, Noeller said:

He was better than good at all 3 roles this year and is super young. He's only going to keep getting better. If the Teams don't allow that last kick to be blocked, maybe we're celebrating a win today....? 

Missing out on a championship ring whether the kicker is super young or an old veteran is immaterial to me. A miss is a miss. This is pro ball. The Bombers shouldn't be here to train a guy to kick. Or hope he grows into the position as a kicker. Not signing Castillo was a bad move. I don't mind Legs as a punter. He can have that job but not as a kicker as well. 

Rob Maver was drafted by the Stamps in 2011 as their placekicker & punter. There was one game as a second year kicker where he had a miserable game. Missed something like three or 4 FG's. Turned out he had suffered a leg injury in a previous game & never told anyone so he never received treatment for it. He thought he could clench his teeth & kick his way thru it as he was afraid he'd be cut if he couldn't play.

Head Coach John Hunagel, obviously not impressed informed Maver that he was no longer the team's kicker & brought in some free agents o audition for the job. One of them was a young Rene Parades who has been the Stamps kicker ever since. Maver, once  released from the pressures of kicking field goals, kickoffs & extra points became an all star punter before retiring. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

One of them was a young Rene Parades who has been the Stamps kicker ever since

Who prior to going to the stamps was a young kicker in another city who wasn't good enough.... the point here is that sometimes you gotta give young players time to grow. Legs isn't as awful a kicker as you make him out to be. The misses in the Grey Cup game were not the reason we lost. I'd point a hellnof a lot more fingers at the MOP, veteran, highest paid player in the league than a young kicker 

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Who prior to going to the stamps was a young kicker in another city who wasn't good enough.... the point here is that sometimes you gotta give young players time to grow. Legs isn't as awful a kicker as you make him out to be. The misses in the Grey Cup game were not the reason we lost. I'd point a hellnof a lot more fingers at the MOP, veteran, highest paid player in the league than a young kicker 

Yes, Collaros never played well but as is the Bomber way, we didn't know the extent of his foot/ankle injury. It's always a big secret with MOS ,not giving any info to the media about the status of injured players. So, I think it was worse than the Bombers  made it out to be. "He's okay". Not a concern"is what we heard all week.  Therefore, I give Collaros a pass regarding his level of play because of the & the way he gutted it out.