Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season

Wideleft

47 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Yep I expect both are done. 

That’s not how we do the secondary in the mafia era. 
 Ba Houston nichols Parker Lawrence Darby with the strong possibility of ford and Kramdi rotating in a starting spot with Rene backing them up and the hallets backing up ba. 

Maston rose and Taylor are all well past their best before date. Mastons healthy is a major issue and Taylor is always hurt plus among the oldest dbs in the league. 7 years and 64 games he’s averaging 9 games a year for his career at 35 before next season begins. 

I love Maston it sucks his career has been derailed by injuries. And we wouldn’t have won with out rose. Taylor is an insane athlete and the fact he’s played soo late in his career as a db and as a basketball player is extraordinary.
If those guys wanna come back with no signing bonus no guaranteed cash 1 year vet min camp type deals to win a spot that’d be fine but mos will ride with guys like them till they got nothing left and then ride em some more. 

I think Rose gets a shot in camp, if he doesn't ask too much $$ but he's getting up there and could absolutely see him losing his gig. 

3 hours ago, Jesse said:

I think Rose has a better season next year.

Our DBs are going to be lights out, regardless. Need to figure out DL and LB pieces though.

Since he came back he’s had one great play and maybe two really good games. He was maybe our 7th best db this year. No one got picked on more than him.
 Rose may well have another great year or two in him. I’d suspect changing teams could be the fire he needs to turn it around. But I wouldn’t want to bet more than a cheap deal on it. 
 Normally he’d be a great candidate for a low risk high reward vet guy to bring in. Problem is mos marries guys like rose and rides them into the grave of their career. 

I expect the naturalized imp thing to impact some guys like rose as well. 
 Here basically all our starting imps on d other than sayles qualifies. Our tackles and Bailey qualify on offense. But for some teams like Edmonton a guy like rose who has 5 years in the league and qualifies for any team on d could be huge. 

On 2022-11-27 at 1:05 PM, Fatty Liver said:

BC has done a good job signing their receivers for longer contracts.  The only 3 that are F.A.'s are:

Bryan Burnham (A)
Shai Ross (N)
Jacob Scarfone (N)

I know Cottoy is currently trying out in NFL camps and Rhymes may also have a few tryouts but on the whole they are well stocked with upcoming receiver prospects.

Agree, nobody in the league can catch passes over the shoulder better than Demski and he usually takes them to the house.  Lawler is great at catching difficult passes, but he's not as dynamic as Demski picking up YAC.

I get that they've signed them longer term. But if they have to give a 350k raise to Rourke they will likely have to release someone who is under contract.

47 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

I get that they've signed them longer term. But if they have to give a 350k raise to Rourke they will likely have to release someone who is under contract.

Rourke is going to the NFL, but even a Vernon Adams earning his full season cheque with them loses them cap room. Heck, even a backup is going to cost more than Rourke did this year.

5 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Rourke is going to the NFL, but even a Vernon Adams earning his full season cheque with them loses them cap room. Heck, even a backup is going to cost more than Rourke did this year.

They have quite a bit of money tied up in the O-line, they may find room to cut there and possibly in their veteran secondary.  Rhymes and Whitehead are probably the only two receivers they have making above average wages for their positions.

1 hour ago, Colin Unger said:

I just noticed the eyeroll reaction in your post...

Did @TBURGESS get suspended? I haven't seen him post since that Rourke contract nonsense thread got locked. All I see is reactions from @TBURGESS since Saturday. 

Not suspended. 

I realized that arguing with some folks around here is like trying to play chess with a pigeon. The pigeon knocks the players over, shits on the board, & then struts around like they've won the game. 

The locked thread is a great example. I say If you think that the 3rd year clause doesn't matter & you think that BC would keep Rourke's rights then you get to the same place as saying the 3rd year of the CBA option is the only option.  A poster who can lock threads ignores the if clauses and says that I'm arguing something that I'm not then locks the thread, making him and others the pigeon's I mentioned in the first paragraph.

36 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

I just noticed the eyeroll reaction in your post...

Did @TBURGESS get suspended? I haven't seen him post since that Rourke contract nonsense thread got locked. All I see is reactions from @TBURGESS since Saturday. 

Had to say something hey.......

Season 5 Facepalm GIF by The Office - Find & Share on GIPHY

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

4 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Not suspended. 

I realized that arguing with some folks around here is like trying to play chess with a pigeon. The pigeon knocks the players over, shits on the board, & then struts around like they've won the game. 

The locked thread is a great example. I say If you think that the 3rd year clause doesn't matter & you think that BC would keep Rourke's rights then you get to the same place as saying the 3rd year of the CBA option is the only option.  A poster who can lock threads ignores the if clauses and says that I'm arguing something that I'm not then locks the thread, making him and others the pigeon's I mentioned in the first paragraph.

Good- I was starting to miss you. Place is not the same without you. 

I love that analogy btw!

5 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

Well stove frees up a lot but ya they won’t be able to offer a big fa deal and extend rourke