Grey Cup 2022 GDT

K-Shack

IMO- 3 biggest reasons they lost, in no particular order. 
1. The Prukop play was inexcusable, just a horrible call in that situation. 
2. The o-line in pass pro was terrible. 
3. The missed convert. 

To add, too many linemen on both sides past their best before dates, and not scouting harder at DT was a huge mistake.
Roster management for this game and the WF was putrid. 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

I didn't mind the Prukop stuff as part of the run game, but there's no way I'm letting that guy throw a pass let alone 2 in this game.  He's not Streveler.

We did need him for the run game though to make the Argos actually defend the edge.

We just haven't gameplanned the Argos well in years.  They put a bunch of big DB's out there and challenge QB's to try to find gaps downfield with a nice pass rush too.  We just keep running the same two guys on posts and corners and trying to make it happen.

We lost because we had to face Toronto and the league has never gone more than a handful of years without a champ in Toronto. It's mandated so the league stays alive because if those mediocre chumps don't win 1-2 times/decade the league will fold. Toronto will have 5k on attendance at their home opener next year

• K-Shack changed the title to Grey Cup 2022 GDT
7 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I didn't mind the Prukop stuff as part of the run game, but there's no way I'm letting that guy throw a pass let alone 2 in this game.  He's not Streveler.

We did need him for the run game though to make the Argos actually defend the edge.

We just haven't gameplanned the Argos well in years.  They put a bunch of big DB's out there and challenge QB's to try to find gaps downfield with a nice pass rush too.  We just keep running the same two guys on posts and corners and trying to make it happen.

I agree with what was said above. Give Prukop second and short and maybe a first down on hurry up, but no business being out there for so many first downs. And I don't think we ran any sweeps to the edge with Demski or Bailey tonight. Could those have forced them to defend the edge?

Just now, BagBlieBulls said:

We lost the moment the Argos won the east final. Toronto will always win the cup because the league will fold if they don't 

Yeah I'm just not buying this. Of course the league has preferences but I think it's a bad slope to go down to start making up excuses and conspiracies to why we lost.

Leave that to riders fans, please

6 minutes ago, kschach said:

I agree with what was said above. Give Prukop second and short and maybe a first down on hurry up, but no business being out there for so many first downs. And I don't think we ran any sweeps to the edge with Demski or Bailey tonight. Could those have forced them to defend the edge?

Yeah we missed Bailey on those, or even really a screen game.

2 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

The more I look back on the game, the more I think we were lucky it was so close. We never really felt in it.

As I reflect on it, I realize we got some incredible breaks last year in Hamilton to overcome our mistakes. The breaks didn't go our way this year. 

I'll just say one more thing 

It needs to be a very very long long time before the Grey cup Is played in Regina again. The empty seats were embarrassing 

1 minute ago, kschach said:

As I reflect on it, I realize we got some incredible breaks last year in Hamilton to overcome our mistakes. The breaks didn't go our way this year. 

We turned the ball over like 8 times against sask too. Lots of lucky breaks