Grey Cup Roll Call and what's happening in Regina

Engelwood

4 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

They have Air Bnb's in Regina?  Serious question - does it have indoor plumbing?

so where are the students sleeping?  In the hallways? :)  

When my son was at SFU back in 2014, they converted some of the dorms on the upper floors in one of the towers on campus to an actual hotel. People could stay there. My wife went to visit Tyler & she stayed at the dorms...errr... hotel on campus. They had concierge service & cleaning staff. My wife said the hotel was nice. Maybe the U of R is doing the same? With the lack of provincial govt funding, across the country, universities have to be creative to raise money. 

19 hours ago, GOLD MEMBER said:

The Bomber House is at the REAL Center with all the other team parties except Edmonton as usual.

That is touchdown Manitoba. There is usually a bar that the Bombers set up shop with a merchandise shop for the weekend. For example in Calgary it was Hudson's on 5th St. 

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

When my son was at SFU back in 2014, they converted some of the dorms on the upper floors in one of the towers on campus to an actual hotel. People could stay there. My wife went to visit Tyler & she stayed at the dorms...errr... hotel on campus. They had concierge service & cleaning staff. My wife said the hotel was nice. Maybe the U of R is doing the same? With the lack of provincial govt funding, across the country, universities have to be creative to raise money. 

The Dorms have been a bit empty since COVID as many people are still happy doing remote learning that is being offered. 

23 minutes ago, Engelwood said:

That is touchdown Manitoba. There is usually a bar that the Bombers set up shop with a merchandise shop for the weekend. For example in Calgary it was Hudson's on 5th St. 

The Dorms have been a bit empty since COVID as many people are still happy doing remote learning that is being offered. 

You are incorrect. Go visit the web site the “Bomber House” team party is at the REAL CENTER.

Selling my 2 Grey Cup tickets because I have to work. SECTION 533, ROW 7 (this is the first row of upper level on the railing), SEATS 18 & 19. $275.00 each ($80.00 below face value). Trying to sell without someone having to pay ridiculous fees from TicketMaster or StubHub. If you know any Bomber fans still looking...

https://regina.craigslist.org/tix/d/regina-grey-cup-tickets-first-row-upper/7557561198.html

9 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

I found a hotel 1 hour out of Regina!  As I will be taking my car, does anyone have any advice on where to park and where to hitch a ride to the stadium?  

If you go to the Grey Cup Festival website, they have advice on parking. There will be a ton of free shuttles running from every Regina hotel and also the mall and the U of Regina every half hour, but there is limited parking on site. Everything this year is happening right around the stadium so if you are by there all the events are in walking distance. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

12 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

I found a hotel 1 hour out of Regina!  As I will be taking my car, does anyone have any advice on where to park and where to hitch a ride to the stadium?  

3 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

If you go to the Grey Cup Festival website, they have advice on parking. There will be a ton of free shuttles running from every Regina hotel and also the mall and the U of Regina every half hour, but there is limited parking on site. Everything this year is happening right around the stadium so if you are by there all the events are in walking distance. 

This is the answer here.  Park somewhere near the closest route to you and take the shuttle to the stadium.

https://www.greycupfestival.ca/transportation/

Was looking for tickets and hotel at a reasonable price. Gave myself a drop dead date of today at 6 pm. Guess I'm not going. My heart was not really in it due to the weakness of the halftime act and the fact I went to the last 2 Grey Cups coupled with the abomination of an experience I had last Regina Grey Cup.

Pivoting and hosting a Bomber bash instead..half time show will be either be YouTube Tom Petty or Prince Superbowl performance. CHEERS and cheer loud to all who attend!

1 minute ago, GCn20 said:

Was looking for tickets and hotel at a reasonable price. Gave myself a drop dead date of today at 6 pm. Guess I'm not going. My heart was not really in it due to the weakness of the halftime act and the fact I went to the last 2 Grey Cups coupled with the abomination of an experience I had last Regina Grey Cup.

Pivoting and hosting a Bomber bash instead..half time show will be either be YouTube Tom Petty or Prince Superbowl performance. CHEERS and cheer loud to all who attend!

This is what we're doing. I just couldn't bring myself to willingly spend a weekend in Regina. We made the WF our big weekend and we'll have a bash at the house this weekend instead. Our house is mostly okay with the half time show tho... Ha ha. Petty would be solid too tho!! 

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

This is what we're doing. I just couldn't bring myself to willingly spend a weekend in Regina. We made the WF our big weekend and we'll have a bash at the house this weekend instead. Our house is mostly okay with the half time show tho... Ha ha. Petty would be solid too tho!! 

I was bitten once by the miserable experience of a Regina Grey Cup..too bad they don't do it like they host the LDC. Just extraordinarily bad gouging at every business in town, and just lack of infrastructure makes what little they do have too difficult to attain. Sad but true..a city of 250k simply cannot handle that level of tourism.

There is not one hotel in Regina that has any business charging what they are for a room this weekend. 

1 minute ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Weighing the idea of driving out early Sunday for the game then returning that night....maybe as far as Mossomin before crashing.

Could be a long day for a guy who has to stay sober to drive.

I did that for their opening game at the toilet bowl.

Wouldn’t do it in the winter 

Getting out of that truck stop will be a nightmare post game