East Final thread

TrueBlue4ever

Does Joel Gasson at 3DN know how penalties work? You accept or decline penalties.

“The Dumb

There was a moment in this game that got me thinking a little bit and that’s never a good thing.

Late in the first quarter, quarterback Trevor Harris was flagged for an illegal forward pass to Kaion Julien-Grant. The receiver ended up fumbling the ball and the Argos recovered it.

Naturally, the Argos declined the penalty as the play standing is much better for them. That’s when I was like, “huh?”

Should an illegal forward pass play stand? I don’t know. It’s in the name: the throw was illegal and shouldn’t count. It’s rare that such a pass would end up being a positive for the defence, so you can see why this doesn’t come up often.”

10 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Does Joel Gasson at 3DN know how penalties work? You accept or decline penalties.

“The Dumb

There was a moment in this game that got me thinking a little bit and that’s never a good thing.

Late in the first quarter, quarterback Trevor Harris was flagged for an illegal forward pass to Kaion Julien-Grant. The receiver ended up fumbling the ball and the Argos recovered it.

Naturally, the Argos declined the penalty as the play standing is much better for them. That’s when I was like, “huh?”

Should an illegal forward pass play stand? I don’t know. It’s in the name: the throw was illegal and shouldn’t count. It’s rare that such a pass would end up being a positive for the defence, so you can see why this doesn’t come up often.”

also why I think if a defence is offside, and as a result the QB is under siege and tries to chuck it away, and gets the intentional grounding call it should be scrubbed...especially if the off-side player is part of the play....u basically have a net loss in yards on that play for the offence