Coddled Dome Dwellers @ Back 2 Back Champs: The Week Of Thread

Noeller

14 hours ago, BagBlieBulls said:

Nah we kicked their butts all three games and the scores flattered them. Without several endzone picks and a punt return fumble we win each game comfortably.

14 hours ago, Geebrr said:

These are tired cliches.

We beat them back to back and they had a bye week in between- that seemed like a tough ask.  This was during the terrible part of our schedule as well. 

We beat them a month later for the 3rd time in a month- that seemed like a tough ask. 

Now it is “for a fourth time” is a tough ask.

This team doesn’t care about what happened last game, the game before, the month before. I don’t think they even care about what happened the play before. It means nothing. 

14 hours ago, BagBlieBulls said:

Nah we kicked their butts all three games and the scores flattered them. Without several endzone picks and a punt return fumble we win each game comfortably.

I still think the good guys will win at Fort Hew, I just mean they scare me more than BC does. 

I think they wanna get Ford some real reps and see what he has...I like that...bout time...The first team DB's in practice were Rose/Nichols/BA/Parker and Lawrence...and assume that what we gonna see in playoffs

Biggie at Wil is intersting...tho I think just for this game....Like that we have both our lines starting at least...to keep acclimated ...and ready...

Just now, Bubba Zanetti said:

I know but the question is why?? He was having a pretty good year and we are very thin at LB.

For sure I would imagine something must have happened.. I know there’s a gentlemen’s agreement when it comes to the practise roster but I would imagine he would be good enough to be on the active roster for at least one of the active playoff teams. 

this line-up I assume is just for a quarter, then there's gonna be all sorts of mixing and matching out there, but I'm intrigues. That Biggie to WIL thing is really really interesting to me. Ford at Corner is just to get him some reps and see what the kid can do...got no problem with that. 

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

this line-up I assume is just for a quarter, then there's gonna be all sorts of mixing and matching out there, but I'm intrigues. That Biggie to WIL thing is really really interesting to me. Ford at Corner is just to get him some reps and see what the kid can do...got no problem with that. 

Biggie played WIL in BC right? Elimimian was the middle?

17 minutes ago, Booch said:

I think they wanna get Ford some real reps and see what he has...I like that...bout time...The first team DB's in practice were Rose/Nichols/BA/Parker and Lawrence...and assume that what we gonna see in playoffs

Biggie at Wil is intersting...tho I think just for this game....Like that we have both our lines starting at least...to keep acclimated ...and ready...

Gotta have the starting Oline in if ZC is playing. Once he sits they may switch it up. Throw Gray at LT and give Stanley a rest.

26 minutes ago, Booch said:

Biggie at WIL to keep him starting but out of the trenches so he doesn't get injured.

10 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

Biggie played WIL in BC right? Elimimian was the middle?

Gotta have the starting Oline in if ZC is playing. Once he sits they may switch it up. Throw Gray at LT and give Stanley a rest.

correct

35 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

Weird that Ford is starting at CB and there are no back up DBs. 

Is Lawrence nicked or does he not factor into their playoff plans?

No reason not to at least have him listed as a backup

Parker stepping up has probably convinced Hall to leave him in for the remainder of this season, strange they wouldn't give Lawrence backup reps. if they plan to use him in the playoffs, thus I suspect they will not.

13 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

If you're reading all the posts you already know that can't happen next year.

You have not shown anything that suggests it can't happen. The only thing you have demonstrated is that the standard rookie contract is a 2+1. Nothing in there that states a player can't be extended in his option year. Only that if a team chooses to pick up the option on the 3rd without an extension that there are pay limits in effect. I would be shocked if a team couldn't extend a player in his option year. I can't see how the union would ever let that happen. It would make zero sense.

23 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Oh yes, you are correct. Would have needed to convert to win/tie.

"Let them". No competitve team LET's someone hang around. Letting someone do something implies you had a choice. CGY played well enough to be in the game. The Bombers didn't LET them score etc etc.

I don't thing you understand the definition of letting a team hang around. Of course, it's not a conscious decision. Letting a team hang around simply means that you didn't play your best game and it allowed an inferior team opportunities they otherwise wouldn't have had.

Edited by GCn20