Week 5: Non Champs Games

Noeller

48 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I'll bet he does nothing. He isn't in charge of that locker room and I don't believe any one on that roster looks at him as a leader. 

Thats part of it ya. It's own governance, decision making, and partners namely TSN combine for about 90% of the problem. 

That's the sad part....Dickieboi is a pushover...dare I say kitty but the p word version....and there is a core there of complete assbags ..and interesting about Behars comments about cheap shots in pile..and racial slurs....if u recall the dust up at banjo bowl last year where that loser got hoofed...Bombers players stated in media it was basically a result of them fed up with Marino and some others doing that stuff last yr...so basically it's a case of once an ass's always an ass and coaching there has no handle on it

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

That's the sad part....Dickieboi is a pushover...dare I say kitty but the p word version....and there is a core there of complete assbags ..and interesting about Behars comments about cheap shots in pile..and racial slurs....if u recall the dust up at banjo bowl last year where that loser got hoofed...Bombers players stated in media it was basically a result of them fed up with Marino and some others doing that stuff last yr...so basically it's a case of once an ass's always an ass and coaching there has no handle on it

100%. Last year any time you watched the riders they were involved in a dust up. The priders blamed every one else. I wonder if any one is waking up over there. 
 Ssk is a toxic waste dump for team culture. Worse than Chris jones. And that’s saying some thing. 

Sankey for the Riders has a post showing what he feels are dirty plays by Ottawa. That organization is full of clowns. Total Whataboutism. Same with their fans with, its payback for Robertson getting cheap shoted. The way that team acts they are just asking for other teams to start taking their players out (I'm not advocating for this).

50 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Sankey for the Riders has a post showing what he feels are dirty plays by Ottawa. That organization is full of clowns. Total Whataboutism. Same with their fans with, its payback for Robertson getting cheap shoted. The way that team acts they are just asking for other teams to start taking their players out (I'm not advocating for this).

That play on Robertson was hardly a cheap shot and u probably see similar to that several times a game...just so happened he got hurt...but prob due in part to the cheap crap the rider dline gets away with game in and game out..have it on good sources too that Lanier is the same kind of sneaky cheap shot guy too...Sankey too...with a dumb tweet last week "statement made!"....what was it? They have a lousy QB and pourous oline...and total lack of overall team discipline..some kind of statement haha

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

So tsn is bound to have an isolated  cam on him going forward right? 

Haha.....oh yeah...they should eh based on history....but the league should suspend him the duration Masoli is out..that be fair..no...blatant intent and boasting in my opinion should be done for yr...he has a history and rep for this going back to last yr already....and making racist slurs on field is baffling any Rider would even what him on their squad...let alone someone not knocking his ass out

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

That play on Robertson was hardly a cheap shot and u probably see similar to that several times a game...just so happened he got hurt...but prob due in part to the cheap crap the rider dline gets away with game in and game out..have it on good sources too that Lanier is the same kind of sneaky cheap shot guy too...Sankey too...with a dumb tweet last week "statement made!"....what was it? They have a lousy QB and pourous oline...and total lack of overall team discipline..some kind of statement haha

Booch, if diving head first on a guy on the ground is not a cheap shot then what is? If that happened to willie what would you say? 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

100%. Last year any time you watched the riders they were involved in a dust up. The criders blamed every one else. I wonder if any one is waking up over there. 
 Ssk is a toxic waste dump for team culture. Worse than Chris jones. And that’s saying some thing. 

Ftfy

19 minutes ago, stevethe3rd said:

Booch, if diving head first on a guy on the ground is not a cheap shot then what is? If that happened to willie what would you say? 

Watch any game...happens many times a game...never said it wasn't a dumb play...but totally not the same way douchboi did...how many times a game is a guy down and a player comes slamming into him aftet....too many to count...u prob pvr all rider games...go watch them again...

If Masoli is out for year..so should be Marino...especially for the celebrating and boasting...and the fact he's already labelled a p.o.s around the league it should be a no brainer ...If the Riders want to look respectable and in control of their clowns they should have already made a statement...official one...and in it that he has been suspended indefinitely....or released....but crickets....imagine that

I think Lapo was so pissed off at the end, not only because of what happened....but because everyone knows THAT is who Marino is...and his HC hasn't done a damn thing about it.

This will be a real test for the CFLPA, one that I'm fully expecting them to fail. And after they do, I don't want to hear another damn thing from them about player safety.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

I watched that play on Robertson a number of times and I’m not entirely convinced that he hadn’t injured his foot / ankle before the Ottawa player fell on him.  It probably didn’t help any though.

You’re right in saying that linemen do this all the time.  Defender falls down while a QB is rolling out or scrambling and a guy will fall on him .. essentially eliminating him from the play.  

More on Marino reaction...I wonder how much of a career limiting move that is. Players change teams so frequently in the CFL...if the riders do cut him (even if it's not right away) or if they decide to not offer him another contract at the end of this one. Do you think a team with lapo or Masoli on it, will be jumping at the chance to sign him? Honest question...

He could have potentially reduced his employability significantly in this league with the way he was acting.

Just got back from the Rider forum, and to thir credit, 90% of the posters there are just as disgusted as we are and they feel there should be a fine and or suspension. But there are neanderthals that crawled out from underneath their rocks and said at the worst, the play was was roughing the passer, maybe, and Marino should not have been ejected. It was just payback for the hit on Robertson.  It was old time tough football, like when Bill Baker went around trying to decapitate quarterbacks. I don't think the rider management will do anything because they are so desperate to with the cup this year, they will put up with anything

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Not surprised in the least. 

43 minutes ago, Booch said:

If Masoli is out for year..so should be Marino...especially for the celebrating and boasting...and the fact he's already labelled a p.o.s around the league it should be a no brainer ...If the Riders want to look respectable and in control of their clowns they should have already made a statement...official one...and in it that he has been suspended indefinitely....or released....but crickets....imagine that

if the league had any integrity he and Lawrence would be barred for life. Even Lawrence isn’t as malicious in intent and celebrating hurting guys. 

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

1. If he has never been taken to task for this part of his boorishness, then shame on Riders mgt. and teammates. This is his third egregious offence. It must stop now. Fine the club! It is an assault, and with celebratory zeal indicating no remorse and possibly intent to harm. 
2. If his behaviour has been addressed, and it obviously hasn’t changed its time he is fired/terminated. 
I don’t think these alternatives are inflammatory. 

21 minutes ago, Bugsybombers said:

Just got back from the Rider forum, and to thir credit, 90% of the posters there are just as disgusted as we are and they feel there should be a fine and or suspension. But there are neanderthals that crawled out from underneath their rocks and said at the worst, the play was was roughing the passer, maybe, and Marino should not have been ejected. It was just payback for the hit on Robertson.  It was old time tough football, like when Bill Baker went around trying to decapitate quarterbacks. I don't think the rider management will do anything because they are so desperate to with the cup this year, they will put up with anything

That’s nonsense. To their credit because they are commenting like a normal person does and should? You don’t get credit for behaving like a human. You get credit for follow through and demanding he gets terminated. 

Edited by Rod Black

How a Rider player can even play with ..or stand by him on just the slurs is baffling...but pure trash since he been in league....and obviously the staff there doesn't see issues with it ..as it has gone on for yrs there...shameful....and fact the organization hadn't come out yet with a statement....like any kind of statement is even more shamefully pathetic...but sadly not surprised based on past history with on and off field issues there

5 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

That’s nonsense. To their credit because they are commenting like a normal person does and should? You don’t get credit for behaving like a human. You get credit for follow through and demanding he gets the terminated. 

Yeah ..to their credit is basic human decency...so no kudus to them for me...and to their credit many of them were wishing for season ending injuries in players last yr...were they not? 

The funny ironic part of this was their whiny lil biatch of a QB crying about he has a knee brace and he feels he has been a target....I havnt seen that....have u?

Edited by Booch