Pre-Season Game 1 - L(k)'s at Blue Bombers (maybe, maybe not, we'll see)

JCon

Here's a dumb question from someone who has attended almost every game at IGF so far... how does parking work near the stadium? Can I just pay when I get there or do I need a pass?

I only don't know bc I have a friend who lives just off University near Pembina and I always park at his house and walk... I'm bringing my 5 year old tonight and he probably won't be up for the long walk. 

Edited by bearpants

6 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Here's a dumb question from someone who has attended almost every game at IGF so far... how does parking work near the stadium? Can I just pay when I get there or do I need a pass?

I only don't know bc I have a friend who lives just off University near Pembina and I always park at his house and walk... I'm bringing my 5 year old tonight and he probably won't be up for the long walk. 

I've never seen anyone collecting money... pretty sure you need to buy a pass beforehand.

5 minutes ago, bearpants said:

AFAIK, you have to pre-buy.  The Bomber website usually has a link on their site but it's not showing anything before August 5th (https://www.bluebombers.com/tickets/game-day-parking/)

You can buy directly from Ticketmaster though.  I did this last year & just showed the attendant the scan code on my phone - no physical pass required.

7 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

AFAIK, you have to pre-buy.  The Bomber website usually has a link on their site but it's not showing anything before August 5th (https://www.bluebombers.com/tickets/game-day-parking/)

You can buy directly from Ticketmaster though.  I did this last year & just showed the attendant the scan code on my phone - no physical pass required.

I believe that was last year's parking passes... I don't think they've updated it for this year's schedule yet.

22 minutes ago, bearpants said:

May I make an alternate, cheaper and more efficient proposal to you? 

Park at the Park and Ride rapid bus station. It's cheaper because your daughter is free. I understand the buses still run regularly during the game. It's not like the park and ride up that comes from across the city. 

You pay $3.10 each way but don't have to deal the traffic getting on campus and off. There is a TON of construction right now on campus. 

Depending on where you come from, you can park darn close to the stadium but avoid the traffic. 

27 minutes ago, bearpants said:

yeah u can just pay at one of the many paid lots to the east of the stadium, thats where I park....10 bucks I think?...cant remember

They're just showing the RBs vs Argos game tonight. Sara is hosting the panel. Very annoying. 

2022 PRESEASON SCHEDULE

DATE AWAY HOME TIME (ET) NETWORK
Friday, May 27 Argonauts Redblacks 7:30pm TSN1/5
Tuesday, May 31 Blue Bombers Roughriders 8:30pm TSN1/3
Friday, June 3 Redblacks Alouettes 7pm TSN
Friday, June 3 Roughriders Lions 10pm TSN