Pre-Season Game 1 - L(k)'s at Blue Bombers (maybe, maybe not, we'll see)

JCon

15 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I doubt we'll see 2 back stuff. Every team runs with a single back. I'd love to see lead plays with Oliveira leading Augustine thru the holes. Or counters & misdirection but that was the CFL in the 70's & early 80's. It just isn't done anymore. What you'll see is the backup spelling off the starter. They won't take out a slot to play 2 backs.

We saw it very briefly late last year but probably not. Not enough incentive roster wise to put an extra ni on the field. I think it’ll be set up for heavy package stuff. The old misdirection toss to Augustine off tackle. Especially with a much more mobile back up qb this year. 

now if orange progresses or a starter goes down that could change. 

Just now, wbbfan said:

We saw it very briefly late last year but probably not. Not enough incentive roster wise to put an extra ni on the field. I think it’ll be set up for heavy package stuff. The old misdirection toss to Augustine off tackle. Especially with a much more mobile back up qb this year. 

now if orange progresses or a starter goes down that could change. 

Man, a toss play. When's the last time you saw that in a CFL game? Even a simple shovel pass? Run plays could be so much better with a little imagination.

1 minute ago, rebusrankin said:

I think its a tandem with Oliveria starting as the more power back, who gains consistent yardage and starts to wear down the defence and then Augustine comes in as the more explosive home run hitter. So an updated version of Millington and Philpot in BC aka Thunder and Lightning.

In a way, I hope not as I want the best back to play.

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Man, a toss play. When's the last time you saw that in a CFL game? Even a simple shovel pass? Run plays could be so much better with a little imagination.

Once in the last three seasons to Harris. Shovel pass man idk Kerry Joseph to josh Ranek maybe. Too long. it’s sad how much creativity in the cfl has regressed.