Pre-Season Game 1 - L(k)'s at Blue Bombers (maybe, maybe not, we'll see)

JCon

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

Brown staking a claim for pre season mop 

Sounds like a whole other animal vs what we saw last year. It’s pre season but he’s played mostly starters and it’s been a good game. 

Yeah, I wish I could have made it to the game to see with my own eyes, but it sure sounds like he’s doing well.

It would be nice to see them play,  it's easy to think certain guys are awesome because they get a TD or recover a fumble...  radio however doesn't show how some guys are way out of position or unsung guys who were wide open but weren't looked at.    

2 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Arbuckle shredding tonight. Chris Jones is truly cracked out if Cornholio is their opening day starter.

We're showing the patented Richie Hall Soft Vanilla all night so I wouldn't read too much into our D being "shredded" regardless of what players are in... Also 1st preseason game so there's gonna be sloppy tackling. 

Just now, Bubba Zanetti said:

Anyone wanna try keeping Ford in the pocket??

Hard for a DL to commit to playing QB contain when trying to make a team in the back half of a pre season game, but doing that would probably have a greater effect than racking up sacks with the mafia.

Clements with a sack and a few STs tackles in the game. A mafia hat trick. Hard to tell on the radio if houston is having a great game coming up and making tackles or a rough day in cover. 

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I was pretty vocal against his signing when it happened but even I didn't expect Brown to wildly outplay him... 

I didn't mind him as a short yardage QB but I had no idea how slow his release was and how badly he reads the field. Dru Brown can run for the yard

Pre season. Yup 

Listening on radio so... hard to tell really. Prukop tho obviously sucked.  

Terrible numbers. Interception and sacked to end game. You expect that from a pure rookie getting his first snaps not a guy with experience in the league.  Cut him? 

Mourtada missing a convert... just go with legghio. Oh no fg attempts? Ofcourse lol. 

Schoenn and Jackson sounded strong 

Problem with playing vanilla D... the O doesn't get as many chances but at the same time Prukop handed the ball right back to Edmonton and his final numbers are FUGLY 

Brown seemed more consistent 

Prukop tho 5  of 14 81 yards

Part of the reason the O didn't see the field as much was 5 of 14. 

Edited by Goalie