2021/22 - CFL Offseason - Non-Back-to-Back Grey Cup Champion Thread

JCon

2 hours ago, Booch said:

The ratio has been increased to starting eight Canadians, from seven. However, one of the national spots will go to an American who has at least three years of experience with the same team or five years in the league. The move is designed to address roster turnover, which has been a complaint among fans.

Adam Bighill could be the Bombers' 8th Canadian. I absolutely fail to see why this is a hill to die on. 

15 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

So..... Has the preseason game scheduled tomorrow (May 27) been officially postponed? Does anyone know? Have not heard anything from the club....

They're actively marketing them as though they are still for sale via email

8 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Why strike? Just keep playing off of the old CBA? The ship of fools that is the CFL & CFLPA...

I can't believe that there's still so many people in this league with a hatchet, just waiting to kill the golden goose.....C'mon guys (on both sides) give us some CFL football

Edited by Stickem

So, I wanted to post this from DT because I'm pretty vocal about my support for all things "Canada", especially when it comes to the CFL. I know we're not all on the same page with this, but I thought it was a really good tweet thread from DT, and because not everyone is on Twitter, I wanted to share it here...

13 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Nice history lesson but what jobs will Canadian players be protecting if the league shuts down or ceases operations? Which is a real possibility. Pissing the fans off by shutting things down won't win them any support from the public. If the CFL does shut down then tertiary support staff will lose their jobs thru layoffs on teams & the league office. Training staff, coaches, scouts, sales & marketing people, admin & secretarial, etc.

Yep, pick this hill to die on, Canuck players. Right after a pandemic. You make sure to fight like crazy to protect your jobs but to hell with the lives of everyone else. . No skin off your nose ifinnocent people have to pay bills or put food on their tables to feed their families. Selfish idiots.

Interested to hear the leagues business pitch and revenue growth seen from having 1-3 extra American players on the field at a time.

This whole thing is ridiculous.  There’s basically nothing wrong with the ratio the way it has been aside from potentially discouraging teams from developing Canadian QB’s.  Not sure why this is the fight the BOG wants to take all the way to risk a season.

41 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Interested to hear the leagues business pitch and revenue growth seen from having 1-3 extra American players on the field at a time.

This whole thing is ridiculous.  There’s basically nothing wrong with the ratio the way it has been aside from potentially discouraging teams from developing Canadian QB’s.  Not sure why this is the fight the BOG wants to take all the way to risk a season.

who said anything about extra Imports creating more rev's?....honest question...did I miss a news soundbite some where as I havnt seen that

18 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Good old 00 still looks like a beast. Wish some one would wear that number again. 

and someone is..Mauro I believe....and someone else is wearing 0