2021/22 - CFL Offseason - Non-Back-to-Back Grey Cup Champion Thread

JCon

30 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Interesting tidbit: "Commencing in 2023, the CFL will have the option to move the season up by as much as 30 days". 30 days seems a little too much, but even moving the season up a couple of weeks will help with Grey Cup weather.

30 days ago we had a blizzard lol 

Just now, Goalie said:

Yeah and the NFL plays outside in green bay and Chicago in January.  The point is cold weather = football. A snowstorm in November is different than the one in April 

I still don't know what your point is. How is April snow different from October snow? 

"Among the miscellaneous items of interest to fans, Canadian players returning from the NFL with more than three years of experience will no longer be required to sign slotted rookie contracts. Each year of NFL service will count towards one season of their CFL rookie deal. "

This is a good change to a dumb rule. Glad this got fixed

11 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Lost in the CBA stuff is this CFC Showcase Game, coached by Dunigan and Sanchez (??) similar to the CHL Top Prospects game that used to be coached by Orr and Cherry... 

So TSN and the CFL have two employees/former players involved in this and couldn't even retweet this ****? lol. the NFL is advertising for their Thanksgiving games already. But yeah the ratio is the problem with the CFL. 

There just is no vision for growing this game it seems. I have no faith in the league to actually change what needs changing.

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

So TSN and the CFL have two employees/former players involved in this and couldn't even retweet this ****? lol. the NFL is advertising for their Thanksgiving games already. But yeah the ratio is the problem with the CFL. 

There just is no vision for growing this game it seems. I have no faith in the league to actually change what needs changing.

Tsn rarely misses the opportunity to disappoint 

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I've been saying this for years. The CFL big forehead thinkers are clueless. It's very frustrating. Someone like Victor Cui should be running the CFL marketing. The guy understands & knows how to grow the league.

Let's wait and see what he does with L(k)'s first. I'm not sold. 

On 2022-05-26 at 9:20 PM, JCon said:

I still don't know what your point is. How is April snow different from October snow? 

Snow is snow, yes. But fall snow & football go together. Fans are invested in their teams as the playoff are on. Not during TC. It's just different timing. How are teams supposed to prepare for the season when the weather in the Prairie Provinces is so shittty in April. And rest assured, it always is.