2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

28 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Only YOU could turn trashy stats like that into further pumping LaPo's tires. As far as Buck expanding upon LaPo's system, the longer the season went on, the less we saw of it. There weren't checkdown after checkdowns to the running backs. We pushed the ball downfield under Pierce. We didn't go all out to then sit on a 10 point lead for three quarters. We kept on going offensively. Only when we didn't play our starters in the last 2 regular season games did I feel the offense was spinning its wheels like it did all the time under LaPo. The other 12 we were better than the other 8 teams in the CFL. Buck played to win while LaPo has always played not to lose. 

I also want to add to what I said by saying that Pierce just doesn't run LaPo's offense like some religious fool who worshipped at his feet. He also played under other OC's in BC & Winnipeg & he would have been influenced by them as well. He has a huge toolbox of knowledge & experience to draw from. The other is, Lapo was a receiver at a D3 college who never played in the CFL. Therefore, LaPo's knowledge would come from a different base. The qb reads would be different under Buck's system than LaPo's. Buck's offense would be more qb friendly with terminology than LaPo's. It would come from a different perspective. 

22 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Did they say what a big time throw was?  Is it a 2nd and long ?  Is it a throw while trailing in a game?  

That's the thing, right? It's all subjective & obviously bent in the Ti Cats favour with 16 out of 64 Big Play Throws which is a quarter of all the plays he rated. Ferguson does the Ti Cats radio broadcasts on TSN Radio. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

55 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

That's why it's soooo sweet. 

TB4, I see your disagreement emoticon. Well, you don't have to agree with some of us that it was a great play, maybe the best of all time. But at least give the Bombers D credit for making it. Along with Simoni Lawrence belly aching on Twitter that he deserved the CFL DPOTY award over Adam Bighill. Then Marshall Ferguson's Big Time Throws Of The Year's with 25% of those plays going to Hamilton QBs. All the whining & crying by Hamilton does indeed make it sweeter. The Bombers are living rent free in all of Hamilton's heads right now from the players, coaches, management, ownership, media & fans. They are psyched right out.

48 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

We don't even know if all the big time throws were completions since Fajardo had 7 of them.

Yeah, considering he said mid season that his receivers can't make those contested catches. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

8 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

TB4, I see your disagreement emoticon. Well, you don't have to agree with some of us that it was a great play, maybe the best of all time. But at least give the Bombers D credit for making it. Along with Simoni Lawrence belly aching on Twitter that he deserved the CFL DPOTY award over Adam Bighill. Then Marshall Ferguson's Big Time Throws Of The Year's with 25% of those plays going to Hamilton QBs. All the whining & crying by Hamilton does indeed make it sweeter. The Bombers are living rent free in all of Hamilton's heads right now from the players, coaches, management, ownership, media & fans. They are psyched right out.

I would try to comment, but some of my posts have been pulled recently. Not sure why, I guess too contrarian or because of some perceived snark towards the poster (which fine if that violates the forum rules, but I hope it’s not a standard just applied to me and is also considered for those who take shots at my posts from time to time. I’m a big boy and don’t mind a little back and forth, but if I am going to be targeted, I will give it back, and hope if bans occur it is not just on me because i don’t post “Riders can suck a bag of dicks” enough and it upsets people).   

As for the INT, it was a great play, I don’t know if I would instantly crown it as the best play ever. That’s the ultimate bar to clear. I disagree that Nichols was part of the overall greatness with a deflection to Rose. He simply tried to pick it off and whiffed. Rose had the ball come to him off that miss, and couldn’t corral it, but had the wherewithal to bat it to Wilson on the second attempt. That is worthy of “all time great” discussion, no doubt. Wilson was tracking to the ball, as all players are taught to do. He had a pretty easy pick but give him credit for putting himself in that spot. Someone said it was better than Mike Gray’s pick in ‘88 because he was “right place right time”, I would classify Wilson as exactly the same. I give full credit to the team for making the play, and it probably is in my top 3 “all time great Bomber plays” right now because of the circumstance of it being overtime and game-clinching and the Rose scoop, and may move up to number one in years to come once it grows in importance with age. Just not yet. 

As for the whole Marshall Ferguson thing, I am with Nolby and say “who cares?” It doesn’t make it any sweeter for me, and I am not feeling slighted because the writers are not bending over backwards to lavish praise on the Bombers, The ring for the club and the Grey Cup Champion cap I get to wear everywhere is all the validation I need  

And I am not trying to pick a fight here. That’s why I let it go originally and did not comment.  I just disagree with the characterization of “most athletic play ever seen by all players involved”. Nothing more. But since you seem (?) bothered by my emoji and want to drag me In to an explanation, there it is. Hopefully this post won’t get pulled as attacking you, or if I get called contrarian or insufferable or the worst or whatever else, I’ll be given fair chance to respond and not get it yanked again. Or that the posts going after me get the same editorial treatment (personally I hope not, would hate to see Riderfan censorship for opposing opinions become the norm, and I really respect the mods for the way they don’t overpolice things as it is now). 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever
for

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

That's the thing, right? It's all subjective & obviously bent in the Ti Cats favour with 16 out of 64 Big Play Throws which is a quarter of all the plays he rated. Ferguson does the Ti Cats radio broadcasts on TSN Radio. 

I do not know what has your panties in a bunch.

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

TSN Hamilton was shut down he no longer does Ti-Cat play by play

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

About pulled posts: sometimes I choose to exstiguish a fire before it starts. I do not pick on just one poster when I do this, and I don't always have the time or the energy to send a PM. 

Cheers. 

Just exercising dat "right" ?? Eh?

19 minutes ago, Nolby said:

I don't care what anyone says,that 2 point convert is just as important as the TD throw as well. Once Bailey caught that catch I knew we had it

IMO, that ovetime format is Horse **** , play sudden death. Period.

7 hours ago, Dr Zaius said:

but can't we hedge our bets with literally any other kicker alive? guy is straight up horrible lol

6 hours ago, Brandon said:

If we are going to foster a project kicker I would rather they draft a Canadian and let him learn on the field rather then having Moutarda. 

I mean really, if we're going to field a horrible kicker, can he at least be Canadian or a global player so we can start an American elsewhere. Also, dude is 31 (so is Castillo - but he's good) .. I know kickers are sometimes ageless but dude has very little upside imo.

13 minutes ago, Piggy 1 said:

Just exercising dat "right" ?? Eh?

IMO, that ovetime format is Horse **** , play sudden death. Period.

I ain't complaining. We lost the toss & the crowd cheered. We went out & scored. Then got the 2 point convert. The Ti Cats couldn't get it done in the clutch. Massoli made one of his Big Time throws... to us. 

11 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Without Ferguson telling us what constitutes a big time throw it is impossible to say that he is favoring anyone. For instance, if it is a TD throw when trailing late in a game then I could see a ton of QBs ahead of Collaros on the list. We rarely trailed in the 4th.

Honestly, it's like looking at "big time" saves for a goalie.

But if the goalie was in the proper position most of the time, he doesn't *need* to make the big time save.

I don't understand why some people need to twist things to be a slight against us. Enough with the inferiority complex.

10 hours ago, Piggy 1 said:

IMO, that ovetime format is Horse **** , play sudden death. Period

And then the toss is more important than anything else? No sudden death in the cfl is not the answer. The mini games are fine, but i would move the starting point back so a team actually has to make some plays to be in scoring range.