2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

7 hours ago, Booch said:

Thing tho with rotations now...not just with us is dlines get heavy rotation...he prob gets equal or close to equal with the "starters" here

And to be a full starter a team would need a capabke Canadian sub...so rep wise he gets quite a bit here..and not just off the edge...he's in a good spot...but...again...who knows what will occur

Jefferson and Jeffcoat only played between 75-80 percent of the snaps which is wild since they would still get pressure with every combo.

With Harris as well...if he wants to play it will be for less than...or at the same amount (at most) wherever he lands.

Aging RB...had injuries last yr tho in my opinion just an anomoly...he won't get that too teir amount he used too..it may be highest in league at his position but won't be the 200k+

He also won't go elsewhere if offered slightly more than here..and as others have said we won't let him walk over contract issue ..if he continues playing it's here or nowhere.

BLUE BOMBERS ADD PLAYERS TO ROSTER

WINNIPEG, MB., December 28, 2021 – The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the following players have been signed to the 2022 roster:

American offensive lineman Jalen Burks – ended 2021 on practice roster (PR)

American kicker Ali Mourtada – ended 2021 on PR

American receiver Kelvin McKnight – ended 2021 on PR

American defensive back Demerio Houston – ended 2021 on PR

American defensive tackle Ricky Walker – ended 2021 on active

National linebacker Robbie Lowes – ended 2021 on PR

Global linebacker Les Maruo – ended 2021 on PR

National running back Kyle Borsa

9 hours ago, Booch said:

With Harris as well...if he wants to play it will be for less than...or at the same amount (at most) wherever he lands.

Aging RB...had injuries last yr tho in my opinion just an anomoly...he won't get that too teir amount he used too..it may be highest in league at his position but won't be the 200k+

He also won't go elsewhere if offered slightly more than here..and as others have said we won't let him walk over contract issue ..if he continues playing it's here or nowhere.

I seem to remember that Harris really tried to make it work with Wally before BC lost out to Wpg in signing him.

If true, I can't imagine he and Wade won't do a deal. It's either here or retirement for AH.

Edited by Pete Catan's Ghost

35 minutes ago, JCon said:

BLUE BOMBERS ADD PLAYERS TO ROSTER

WINNIPEG, MB., December 28, 2021 – The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the following players have been signed to the 2022 roster:

American offensive lineman Jalen Burks – ended 2021 on practice roster (PR)

American kicker Ali Mourtada – ended 2021 on PR

American receiver Kelvin McKnight – ended 2021 on PR

American defensive back Demerio Houston – ended 2021 on PR

American defensive tackle Ricky Walker – ended 2021 on active

National linebacker Robbie Lowes – ended 2021 on PR

Global linebacker Les Maruo – ended 2021 on PR

National running back Kyle Borsa

About what I'd expect. 

I'd love to know what happened to maruo too though. He looked legit on teams then we went to perez etc and never brought him back on the roster. 

Blue Bombers sign eight players, including Canadian running back Kyle Borsa
December 28, 2021
By 3Down Staff
The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have signed eight players, including Canadian running back Kyle Borsa.

Borsa was selected in the fifth round, 39th overall by the Bombers during the 2021 CFL Draft. He attended training camp with Winnipeg during the summer, but returned to the University of Regina for his final year of eligibility during the fall. The six-foot, 200-pound back spent his entire U Sports career with his hometown Rams.

Borsa carried the ball 195 times for 1,037 yards (5.3 yards per carry) and seven majors along with 43 receptions for 436 yards and three touchdowns during 22 games with Regina. During his time with the program, he posted 2,773 all-purpose yards, including 1,300 yards as a returner, and 10 total touchdowns.

The Bombers re-signed American defensive tackle Ricky Walker. The six-foot-two, 287-pound Walker played seven games for Winnipeg last season, recording eight tackles and one sack. The 25-year-old spent time with the Dallas Cowboys and Cleveland Browns prior to coming north of the border.

Winnipeg also signed six players who ended the 2021 CFL season on the practice roster: American offensive lineman Jalen Burks, American kicker Ali Mourtada, American receiver Kelvin McKnight, American defensive back Demerio Houston, national linebacker Robbie Lowes and Global linebacker Les Maruo.

Castillo would be high on my list too.  But with the way things are almost everyone is a free agent. Its probably better to re-evaluate who is not under contract a month before free-agency and then come up with a list. Im sure a lot of these guys have already shaken Walter's hand on their intend to re-sign. 

3 minutes ago, BBlink said:

First penny pinch - Mourtada over Castillo? Also a chance that Castillo will be trying NFL.

Mourtada was so bad that I cannot see any reason to ask him to return. I would be far more comfortable in sending Legghio to the the US of A and have our previous kicker coach the snot out of him.

26 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Mourtada was so bad that I cannot see any reason to ask him to return. I would be far more comfortable in sending Legghio to the the US of A and have our previous kicker coach the snot out of him.

To be fair he did make 12 of his last 13 kicks (field goals and converts) before Castillo took over.

11 minutes ago, Nolby said:

And I still wouldn't have been comfortable with him kicking in the Grey Cup.

A lot of time before the next Grey Cup. Your mind may change. And if he struggles there's no stopping us from doing what we did this past year.

I think this is saying that Osh liked what he saw from Mourtada and were not paying big money for a kicker the entire year

Edited by BBlink

21 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I think this is a sign that Ali is on a minimum contract and this is Walter's hedging his bets if he can't get Castillo back.

but can't we hedge our bets with literally any other kicker alive? guy is straight up horrible lol

Edited by Dr Zaius

The Bombers win B2B Grey Cups. Collaros is MOP. He's a CFL All Star. We had the highest scoring offense. We went 11-3. Lawler was the leading receiver in the CFL & the only pass catcher to have over a thousand yards. He was also a CFL All Star & our qb only has 4 "Big Time Throws" during the regular season & none in the playoffs or Grey Cup?

Yet Massoli who threw the ball for The Pick in OT had 12??? WTH is this about other than to try & discredit what the Bombers did from a Hamilton cry baby? Chris "Fricking" Evans had 2??? Hamilton media & fans will always be bitter about how we stole what should have been rightfully theirs. They'll never give us credit where credit is due. Makes our victory even sweeter.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

10 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

That stat might upgrade from “useless” to “meaningless” if Ferguson actually defined what a “big time pass” was. 

Given where Collaros ranked, just seems like more valuation for the LaPo ball control/protection offensive scheme Buck inherited and expanded on. 😁

Only YOU could turn trashy stats like that into further pumping LaPo's tires. As far as Buck expanding upon LaPo's system, the longer the season went on, the less we saw of it. There weren't checkdown after checkdowns to the running backs. We pushed the ball downfield under Pierce. We didn't go all out to then sit on a 10 point lead for three quarters. We kept on going offensively. Only when we didn't play our starters in the last 2 regular season games did I feel the offense was spinning its wheels like it did all the time under LaPo. The other 12 we were better than the other 8 teams in the CFL. Buck played to win while LaPo has always played not to lose. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

2 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

I think this is a sign that Ali is on a minimum contract and this is Walter's hedging his bets if he can't get Castillo back.

2 hours ago, Dr Zaius said:

but can't we hedge our bets with literally any other kicker alive? guy is straight up horrible lol

Well that's the thing right? If Osh felt he was the worst kicker in the world then why would anyone ever sign him including us? No real reason to. There are many guys out there.