Week 10 - Elks @ Champs

JCon

For the first time in a long while I feel like crappy weather games may actually disproportionately disadvantage us. Our offence has really shifted from the old Lapo run first/dink and dunk style into more of an explosive big play offence that runs less and passes more. It has been coming along great but rainy weather may bog us down a bit. 

Hopefully Harris and the hogs can reignite the 2019 formula if/when it is needed.

20 minutes ago, Blue_Dragoon said:

For the first time in a long while I feel like crappy weather games may actually disproportionately disadvantage us. Our offence has really shifted from the old Lapo run first/dink and dunk style into more of an explosive big play offence that runs less and passes more. It has been coming along great but rainy weather may bog us down a bit. 

Hopefully Harris and the hogs can reignite the 2019 formula if/when it is needed.

We have 3 rbs on the roster and one of the best offensive lines in the game. I have plenty of faith that if the Bombers need to ground and pound they can figure it out.

3 hours ago, Blue_Dragoon said:

I'd have said that back in the 80's playing on a grass field but with turf fields today the passing game still works & the track is fast. Unless it's a bloody downpour like Ottawa a week & a half ago. 

4 hours ago, Blue_Dragoon said:

Well, if there has been a weakness seen in this defence, it has been giving up yards against the run at times. Here’s some pessimism for you - if this offence is not as well built for bad weather as the 2019 squad, what does that mean come playoff time if we have cold and snow?

11 hours ago, 17to85 said:

We have 3 rbs on the roster and one of the best offensive lines in the game. I have plenty of faith that if the Bombers need to ground and pound they can figure it out.

the problem isnt personnel. teams are defending tight zone and inside zone runs differently this year. Thats why its all harris runs for 1 or less vs harris runs for 7-10. If our run package play call doesnt evolve it wont improve. We've seen one out side run in the last month + where the pass game play call has improved dramatically. 

11 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

You mean questionable? 

😄

I'm questionable for tonight. The wife scheduled a dinner tonight with some old friends. Hopefully, the place has a TV and showing the game. Otherwise, I'll be following the game on the phone and at the mercy of my wife's desire to get home early so I can catch the rest of the game. 

But I think we got this... Let's go Boomers err... Bombers !!!

This need re-apperance. 
Old Dance GIFs | Tenor 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

8 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Well, if there has been a weakness seen in this defence, it has been giving up yards against the run at times. Here’s some pessimism for you - if this offence is not as well built for bad weather as the 2019 squad, what does that mean come playoff time if we have cold and snow?

That problem was solved with the return of the Stove.

11 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

full dose now of Stove and Wilson has that run defense rectified...I'm not too worried