Week 10 - Elks @ Champs

JCon

On 2021-10-04 at 10:07 AM, Noeller said:

if the Bombers can lock down a home playoff game, the wife and I figure we'll come home for that, so here's hoping. That barn would be rockin'.....

I'm a toss up between that and Hamilton 

I haven't been at a home west final for our team since the Argos 1990 game. 

Edited by White Out

2 minutes ago, White Out said:

We looked at a Ham trip, for sure, but it's f***ing expensive right now (flights) and then hotel on top of that. With Christmas being right around the corner, it's a hefty pricetag. The MB trip would make more sense for us coming from AB. And man, would IGF be fun for a game like that...

34 minutes ago, Noeller said:

We looked at a Ham trip, for sure, but it's f***ing expensive right now (flights) and then hotel on top of that. With Christmas being right around the corner, it's a hefty pricetag. The MB trip would make more sense for us coming from AB. And man, would IGF be fun for a game like that...

Plus other than the game you'd be in hamilton. eww. 

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

Yeah, man...I did Canadian Country Music Week out there a few years back. People **** on Winnipeg, but Ham is way worse. Old and beat up...

The Hammer is gross. I would refuse to stay there for work. Always continued onto London, when I was on the road. 

3 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I'm going to assume Bailey will be targetted deep and Roosevelt will be getting those mid range clutch 2nd down passes heading his way.  Collaros has deadly accuracy and I'm not to much worried about Roosevelts hands.  Just his ability to create some separation.

Adams will be doing a lot of the deep stuff...thats his bread and butter, and teams have to respect him....Also Demski has been very effective deep, and hey...if all else fails go to a more 2019 style offence....we know thats not a problem

1 hour ago, White Out said:

We were in the East in 1990.  The first and only game I worked as part of a CFL broadcast crew.  CFL Network was down staff due to other broadcasts and I worked with the ISO director on another show, so he got them to hire me for a day as the spotter on the Bombers' bench.  I was the guy who grabbed Tom Burgess for the post-game interview.

Best working day of my entire life, but little did my then 23 year old self know it was all downhill from there.

Edited by Wideleft

3 minutes ago, BomberfanMKS said:

Woli I could see being a meniscus strain/minor tear based on hyperflexion from the video.

Given how he looked on the sidelines I'd hope it's more on the strain side than tear side which could have him in with a brace on for this game.

it wasn't that knee he hurt...it was the one in the air....thats why I think it wont be a very severe injury, no more than a game..if that

2 minutes ago, Nolby said:

I'd love to see Bailey have a solid game,been rooting for him even more since he mentioned he had his cousin in grave condition at the hospital.

he's been solid pretty much all year...for the number 3 guy basically he is doing just fine

sadly his cousin passed as well

10 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Yeah, man...I did Canadian Country Music Week out there a few years back. People **** on Winnipeg, but Ham is way worse. Old and beat up...

Hamilton is one of my least favorite places in canada. I hate having to go there and wont stay over night unless some ones gonna die. Hamilton, regina, edmonton and toronto. No joke 100s of better small cities and towns in mb, bc, quebec and the maritimes. Even western ontario. The bottom tier for me. Winnipeg has a lot of charm and some really great areas. I can see how outsiders would miss it all together if they dont know a pegger. Their loss. 

3 minutes ago, Nolby said:

I'd love to see Bailey have a solid game,been rooting for him even more since he mentioned he had his cousin in grave condition at the hospital.

The guy has a huge heart. And he loves the game. I thought he showed a good bit last year early on. Id love to see him turn the next corner. 

1 minute ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Implement some dual-RB package! C'mon Buck.

Right. Demski, Harris, and Brady on the field at once. Good luck defending that. 

15 minutes ago, Booch said:

Adams will be doing a lot of the deep stuff...thats his bread and butter, and teams have to respect him....Also Demski has been very effective deep, and hey...if all else fails go to a more 2019 style offence....we know thats not a problem

Demski seems to be money this year.. the guy is finding holes and just finding those big plays in the holes of the defenses.   

9 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Demski seems to be money this year.. the guy is finding holes and just finding those big plays in the holes of the defenses.   

and looking at him you wouldn't know he is the top 3-5 guys on the team for speed....he is a very viable deep threat...not the hands of a Lawler, but he's faster and can get seperation from anyone

43 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Hamilton is one of my least favorite places in canada. I hate having to go there and wont stay over night unless some ones gonna die. Hamilton, regina, edmonton and toronto. No joke 100s of better small cities and towns in mb, bc, quebec and the maritimes. Even western ontario. The bottom tier for me. Winnipeg has a lot of charm and some really great areas. I can see how outsiders would miss it all together if they dont know a pegger. Their loss. 

The guy has a huge heart. And he loves the game. I thought he showed a good bit last year early on. Id love to see him turn the next corner. 

Right. Demski, Harris, and Brady on the field at once. Good luck defending that. 

Call it the "Oak Park Trifecta".

58 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

We were in the East in 1990.  The first and only game I worked as part of a CFL broadcast crew.  CFL Network was down staff due to other broadcasts and I worked with the ISO director on another show, so he got them to hire me for a day as the spotter on the Bombers' bench.  I was the guy who grabbed Tom Burgess for the post-game interview.

Best working day of my entire life, but little did my then 23 year old self know it was all downhill from there.

Yeah, I meant to say east  final. Now that I think of it have we ever hosted the West final?