Week 10 - Elks @ Champs

JCon

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

My only concern is that we don't get to Harris and he rattles of 15 consecutive eight yard passes against us. Otherwise we should be good.

Trevor Harris reminds me of Kevin Glenn...hit him a few times and the guy will be shook up for a quarter or two. 

Said it over and over about Harris, he will throw 6 touchdowns one week, and the next week he’ll go for 150 yards. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen him put up big back to back games.

11 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

So it’s given that Roosevelt will take over for Lawler.

If Woli is not ready for Fri, are we going to see Agudosi in the lineup, and go 4 American receivers?

I very much doubt it. I suspect that mcknight is still a head of agudosi, though Id prefer to see him. Nelson is probably above mcknight, and might be above rosie sadly. I really hope nelson isnt that high on the depth chart. 

For ratio, the only way we could get the extra imp wr on the roster would be to go NI at Wil again, which was exploited pretty heavily the last time by the elk. We then also wouldnt be able to DI both kyrie and rocquemore. As we are using DI spots on a kicker, grant, and sayles. 

If woli cant go I think we see oleary orange activated and tyrrell start. We can use more of the heavy set with Eli at TE, and we could (but probably wont) finally run some 2 back stuff and motion harris through H back range and lean on him more as a pass catcher. 

I dont know if its a mistake, but olumba the DB we just signed is listed on the active roster on the website.   

21 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I very much doubt it. I suspect that mcknight is still a head of agudosi, though Id prefer to see him. Nelson is probably above mcknight, and might be above rosie sadly. I really hope nelson isnt that high on the depth chart. 

For ratio, the only way we could get the extra imp wr on the roster would be to go NI at Wil again, which was exploited pretty heavily the last time by the elk. We then also wouldnt be able to DI both kyrie and rocquemore. As we are using DI spots on a kicker, grant, and sayles. 

If woli cant go I think we see oleary orange activated and tyrrell start. We can use more of the heavy set with Eli at TE, and we could (but probably wont) finally run some 2 back stuff and motion harris through H back range and lean on him more as a pass catcher. 

I dont know if its a mistake, but olumba the DB we just signed is listed on the active roster on the website.   

To go 4-American receivers, we sit Rocquemore in favor of one of McKnight/Nelson/Agudosi for the roster spot.

Briggs will be the starter on paper. We do rotate the LBs (just like tge DL) every game so its not new. So Wilson will still play a lot of snaps. Then we add Lowes as extra Cdn and LB for ST/depth. 

Of course, MOS will go with Tyrell/Orange. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

Just now, M.O.A.B. said:

To go 4-American receivers, we sit Rocquemore in favor of one of McKnight/Nelson/Agudosi for the roster spot.

Briggs will be the starter on paper. We do rotate the LBs (just like tge DL) every game so its not new. So Wilson will still play a lot of snaps. Then we add Lowes as extra Cdn and LB for ST/depth. 

Of course, MOS will go with Tyrell/Orange. 

We use the rotation of thomas and kongbo to keep the dl changing over. If they sit rocquemore, briggs isnt the starter on paper, we will have an NI at wil for 90% of our snaps. We use the 2 NI wils on some passing plays to get 2 imp DTs in, or in the past to get an extra DB on the field. We dont have another spot that an NI can jump in at to keep an imp will in kyrie on the field. What we would gain in a nelson et al at field wr over tyrrell is tiny compared to what we lose with kyrie and rocquemore at wil especially vs a heavy run team that put up 150 yards rushing on us in less than 20 carries.   

33 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Rosie will be ahead of all the other guys...he knows the CFL inside and out...knows Zack....Zack knows him...he will integrate seamlessly and know where to go, and where to be.

Mcknight I doubt factors in, and Nelson I think too is a long shot...Makes no sense having 2 Grant like guys in lineup.

Woli I thought hurt his plant foot on his catch, but it was actually his right leg bent behind him that was up in the air, so I'm not as concerned as much now with his possible injury being that severe, and he was up and moving about on sideline for remainder of game...hopefully he can go, but if not I wanna see what Oleary Orange can bring....was pumped we were able to draft him

I do wanna see tho what Agudusi could do in a game tho, Maybe this is his shot...but I think we want to take this one at home, so smart money says it's Rosie...and that is fine with me

Edited by Booch

18 minutes ago, Booch said:

Rosie will be ahead of all the other guys...he knows the CFL inside and out...knows Zack....Zack knows him...he will integrate seamlessly and know where to go, and where to be.

Mcknight I doubt factors in, and Nelson I think too is a long shot...Makes no sense having 2 Grant like guys in lineup.

Woli I thought hurt his plant foot on his catch, but it was actually his right leg bent behind him that was up in the air, so I'm not as concerned as much now with his possible injury being that severe, and he was up and moving about on sideline for remainder of game...hopefully he can go, but if not I wanna see what Oleary Orange can bring....was pumped we were able to draft him

I do wanna see tho what Agudusi could do in a game tho, Maybe this is his shot...but I think we want to take this one at home, so smart money says it's Rosie...and that is fine with me

I would assume so, other wise I think they wouldve cut rosie. I think itll be interesting to see if they slot him right into lawlers spot, or if they move some guys around. 

Idk I think they are really high on mcknight. If he was over 6' and 200 I probably would be too. Dont see a lot of small possession wrs with mediocre speed. But they seem to love him. Nelson is a Mos guy. The mos guy this year. I dont underestimate that value, any thing is possible. I dont think he's a grant like guy any more either, but the bombers probably do. His stride frequency looked soo slow, he was soo flat footed this year. Idk maybe injuries really caught him.

It looked like woli was OK on the sidelines, I suspect it was just precautionary. But he was nursing that thorax injury already. The cumulative injuries would be the only real concern I think. Hes a physical player who does a lot for us in blocking schemes. They might give him a week but he's also a warrior. Cant really say what will happen with him till game time. 

Yeah Orange is an exciting ni wr prospect. Id rather have him on the active roster than tyrrell but he does more on teams n stuff. Agudosi would be the guy I go with. He's not getting younger, if you dont play him this year I dont know that you bring him to camp next year. It takes wrs a little while to adapt and excel. If they brought him back next year, then the year after he hits his stride he's pretty old at that point. Especially for a raw guy. When its rosie I wont be surprised. 

I think at this point the bombers should look at some PR wr moves though. Maybe time to move on from mcknight and nelson. 

we won't be picking anyone up...And he won't be cut/released/suspended for season either....He/we handled it right, will address all today...will move on and I suspect he will play with even more of a chip on shoulder and lead league at end of year...bad judgement call, and lesson learned, and lucky it was not a serious lesson.

3 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Current brass value CFL xp especially in this shortened season maybe they pickup Posey or Tucker instead of plucking a relative unknown off other club's PR. 

Except for us starting 2 rookie DBs, 2 rookie DTs, a rookie wlber, having started a rookie wr this year, And rookie kickers.

I dont think we'd be plucking guys off PRs either. But I think we might see some early TC 2022 guys. Or perhaps if meredith gets healthy I think he'd bump a pr guy at the least. 

22 minutes ago, Noeller said:

y'all know we have 2 guys from Oak Park (actually 3, now, right?) and the best OL in the damn league? I believe we've won games relying heavily on our run game in the past........

Weve only been able to do that once this year though. Teams aren't playing the run like they did in 19 and prior. 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Orange you glad that we have Oleary as a backup?

22 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

We've only NEEDED to do that once this year.... ;)

tell that to the loss to the argos. even in the win we struggled with the run badly. 

Just now, rebusrankin said:

Wilder may have issues with our run D with Stove+Kyrie back in there. Crowd noise will be a factor too.

I'm going to call Roosevelt stepping in and then up with a big game.

100%. The noise, full team flex seal, and we will see the poutiest wilder we've seen all year. 

I think sheed is gonna step up in a big way. He's really gotten it together after the first few weeks of considerable struggle. We've consistently gone from wr to wr having big games. I think Adams will soak up a lot more touches too.