Week 10 - Elks @ Champs

JCon

Bauming made a point that really is the only relevant take: As fans, you can ***** all you want, but the coaches watch hours and hours of film on these guys and know who's going to be the best fit for the game. They know a hell of a lot more than the fans do.

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

Bauming made a point that really is the only relevant take: As fans, you can ***** all you want, but the coaches watch hours and hours of film on these guys and know who's going to be the best fit for the game. They know a hell of a lot more than the fans do.

Best Yes I Will GIFs | Gfycat

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

11 minutes ago, Noeller said:

People lean towards the known name.

I feel bad for NR

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

I thought McKnight might get the look. Though I hoped other wise. 

17 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Meh, would have preferred to have the veteran slot presence of Rosevelt in the lineup. McKnight hasnt done much of anything to stand out in the 3 games he's played. And at 5'9" i expected him to be a bit more of a burner/deep threat.

Yeah don't see many diminutive possession wrs. I'd a rather seen agudosi. Namaan is low risk low reward. He'd a been my 2nd choice. 

Honestly idk why we would keep namaan around if he'd behind McKnight. He doesn't have a high upside and if he's still figuring things out after a month plus he probably isn't a good fit. 

7 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

He was playing in the slot against BC (which I loved seeing).  Hopefully that's where we see him going forward.

We move guys around a lot. We did it even more vs bc but ya. 

28 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Imma laugh hard when McKnight absolutely goes off vs Edm....ha ha ha. 

I watched the tape on this kid and really thought he was a burner...He didn't show us a heckuva lot when he got his first shot BUT have we really played him enough to get an accurate assessment...He could surprise the heck out of everyone Fri. .....He's a small guy but so was Weston Dressler ..Like my dad used to say....'it's not the size of the dog in the fight...it's the size of the fight in the dog'

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

You do not have to be a chicken to detect a rotten egg.

6 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

I figured Rosie would have been a plug and play guy. He’s been in the league long enough. Not sure why he would still be “progressing”. Here’s to McKnight lighting up the Elks backfield!

Probably also why he wasn't picked up by any other teams....

22 hours ago, Noeller said:

some roster (and other) thoughts from Our Man Tait: 

https://www.bluebombers.com/2021/10/05/quick-hits-week-10-day-1/

thanks.... from that.... here's the Bomber style of being qb., team leader: CFL top performer award.

"Any time there’s an individual award or any kind of notoriety it’s just a reflection on the unit and the team,” said Collaros. “It feels good that we performed well last week, for sure. But all that really matters is getting wins and if you asked anybody on this team personal statistics don’t matter. It’s all about at the end of the game being 1-0 that week and that’s what we’re all trying to accomplish.”

Edited by Mark F

49 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Imma laugh hard when McKnight absolutely goes off vs Edm....ha ha ha. 

Id be happy if he did, but even more surprised if he did. 

9 minutes ago, Stickem said:

I watched the tape on this kid and really thought he was a burner...He didn't show us a heckuva lot when he got his first shot BUT have we really played him enough to get an accurate assessment...He could surprise the heck out of everyone Fri. .....He's a small guy but so was Weston Dressler ..Like my dad used to say....'it's not the size of the dog in the fight...it's the size of the fight in the dog'

He isnt a burner by any means. He's got jamie stoddard speed. He's a polished possession wr. You have to put his college tape into perspective. Samford is a legacy team being over 100 years old. Before the 80s they had football for like 2 years at d3 in the 70s and thats it. They went from d3 to iaa in the 80s. Theyve won 2 play off games all time, and both where in the same year. They are a kick around team for other small schools like delaware and kennesaw state. 

If any thing, think robert gordon for his upside. Not fast or flashy, but a tough, smart, polished guy with hands. His fast 40 time is mid 4.65 which is wolitarsky zone, and his slow 40 was 4.83 which is great if you are a 300 lbs lineman. 

Just now, Noeller said:

May be an image of text that says 'ANDREW HARRIS RB MIKE MILLER FB DNP CALF DREW WOLITARSKY WR DNP DNP|HIP HIP PAT NEUFELD OL FULL KNEE GEOFF GRAY OL DNP SHOULDER KEVIN BROWN LB FULL NOT INJURY RELATED w INJURY REPORT WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 6, 2021 WILLIE JEFFERSON DL DNP SHOULDER LIMITED ANKLE JONATHAN KONGBO DL Sponsored by: ELITE INJURY N DNP ILLNESS JACKSON JEFFCOAT DL NOAH HALLETT DB LIMITED HIP LIMITED KNEE SERGIO SCHIAFFINO PEREZ DB DNP HIP'

Illness, oh snap crapple and pop I hope its not covid. Love seeing woli full time. Wonder if sergio will draw out in favor of maruo.