Week 10 - Elks @ Champs

JCon

41 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Id be happy if he did, but even more surprised if he did. 

He isnt a burner by any means. He's got jamie stoddard speed. He's a polished possession wr. You have to put his college tape into perspective. Samford is a legacy team being over 100 years old. Before the 80s they had football for like 2 years at d3 in the 70s and thats it. They went from d3 to iaa in the 80s. Theyve won 2 play off games all time, and both where in the same year. They are a kick around team for other small schools like delaware and kennesaw state. 

If any thing, think robert gordon for his upside. Not fast or flashy, but a tough, smart, polished guy with hands. His fast 40 time is mid 4.65 which is wolitarsky zone, and his slow 40 was 4.83 which is great if you are a 300 lbs lineman. 

Illness, oh snap crapple and pop I hope its not covid. Love seeing woli full time. Wonder if sergio will draw out in favor of maruo. 

Yeah, I was hoping he had a stomach issue or something, but missing 2 days is a bit concerning.  I’m sure he’s been tested and all is well, but seeing ‘illness’ theses days always grabs attention.

41 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Id be happy if he did, but even more surprised if he did. 

He isnt a burner by any means. He's got jamie stoddard speed. He's a polished possession wr. You have to put his college tape into perspective. Samford is a legacy team being over 100 years old. Before the 80s they had football for like 2 years at d3 in the 70s and thats it. They went from d3 to iaa in the 80s. Theyve won 2 play off games all time, and both where in the same year. They are a kick around team for other small schools like delaware and kennesaw state. 

If any thing, think robert gordon for his upside. Not fast or flashy, but a tough, smart, polished guy with hands. His fast 40 time is mid 4.65 which is wolitarsky zone, and his slow 40 was 4.83 which is great if you are a 300 lbs lineman. 

Illness, oh snap crapple and pop I hope its not covid. Love seeing woli full time. Wonder if sergio will draw out in favor of maruo. 

Yeah, I was hoping he had a stomach issue or something, but missing 2 days is a bit concerning.  I’m sure he’s been tested and all is well, but seeing ‘illness’ theses days always grabs attention.

McKnight played in our worst games on O.  Coincidence?  Maybe.  The playcalling has changed quite a bit and evolved into a more downfield attack suited to Collaros.  Would be interesting to see how McKnight fits into that.  In the games he played he was getting constant little bubble screens and hitches, nothing downfield.

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

Bauming made a point that really is the only relevant take: As fans, you can ***** all you want, but the coaches watch hours and hours of film on these guys and know who's going to be the best fit for the game. They know a hell of a lot more than the fans do.

tim-burke-2013-6-1377721516.jpg

I'd like to counter with

37 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

McKnight played in our worst games on O.  Coincidence?  Maybe.  The playcalling has changed quite a bit and evolved into a more downfield attack suited to Collaros.  Would be interesting to see how McKnight fits into that.  In the games he played he was getting constant little bubble screens and hitches, nothing downfield.

Aww yes  McKnight is the sole reason for our worst O games lol.....

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Our offensive play call since then is night and day. I was pretty worried about buck early on. The last month ish has been very good. 

Yeah It could favor his skill set more. He isn't breaking a bubble screen for a big gain. 

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Aww yes  McKnight is the sole reason for our worst O games lol.....

Not what I'm saying at all.  The playcalling was trying to feature him in the quick passing game which does not suit Collaros at all.  I would like to see McKnight given more than 2 routes to run if he's back in the lineup and I'd like to see a lot of them downfield.

14 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

I think WR size is very irrelevant in CFL you look at the history of the league the top 10 receivers in yardage are all under 6’3 expect one Allen Pitts

Look at the wrs who have had great short careers and gone to the NFL though. Thats the missing factor. The 6'3 and bigger guys that excel here go to the NFL. how do you think a full career of chris mathews up here wouldve looked? 

Guys who are 6'4+ and are fast enough to be a threat at WR are rare. Go back 10 years and they are frightfully rare. You get the odd randy moss or megatron but those are extreme outliers. Most guys who are that big and not twig thin end up bulking up and playing TE or DE down south.

Length, and jumping is more impactful than height. But you seldom have a guy who is 6'0 with a giant  6'6"+ wing span, who can also jump to make up for the difference and has the speed and the skills.

Fact is its more efficient for CFL teams to find wrs between 5'10 to the low 6'0 range. When I see a 6'0 190lbs wr get signed I immediately expect them to be either very balanced and polished, or extremely athletic, or extremely skilled. When you sign a guy, like agudosi, who is 6'6, has adequate speed, great length and good jumping, you know he's going to be at an advanced age with less experience (28 before the next season begins, 2 pro catches, only 35 total catches in college) and need a lot of polish. And even then, 1 solid year and he would get an NFL camp invite. Staying out of the NFL lane for prototypical WRs means you get guys who are more pro ready, and keep them longer. 

7 minutes ago, BagBlieBulls said:

LMAO Jamie Nye (terrible sports "rider" with a brutal boner for Sask) says the elks are the visiting team with the best chance of an upset this week.... Not Calgary coming in against his favourite team the riders. Made me laugh, he has no business writing to a national audience with his bias and overall mediocrity

Yup, the guy is a Rider melonhead through and through. Why cfl.ca would employ him is beyond me. He's had his weekly prediction on there for years now. I remember it was probably like 4 or 5 years ago now, where he picked against the Bombers for like 10 straight weeks to start the season lol. He is so biased its ridiculous.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

13 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Our offensive play call since then is night and day. I was pretty worried about buck early on. The last month ish has been very good. 

Yeah It could favor his skill set more. He isn't breaking a bubble screen for a big gain. 

what have you noticed in terms of the differences between Buck's call early on and now? 

10 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I’d say the difference is execution, not play call. Receivers are not dropping passes like they were in the first few games, Collaros is more in synch with them now, and Harris provided a spark to the run game and is now much closer to 100% then he was a few weeks ago. 

To me the biggest difference is that early on they were doing more of what they did in 2019, but now they're passing more downfield and not running as much.  Basically letting collaros play the game he wants to play.