Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://3downnation.com/2021/06/06/former-first-round-cfl-draft-pick-dl-jonathan-kongbo-re-signs-with-bombers/

What great news to wake up to! We're getting the band back together. The Jeff-ends and Kongbo? I can't wait to hear more about how great the Ti-Cats were. 

39 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

See my post at the bottom of page 31. 

Nobody is lily-white agreed BUT I think there's a large grey area when it comes to Andrew and the accusations that he knew he was taking 'junk' ....He has always maintained that he didn't willingly take anything to improve his game....I think he proved that in the Cup , where and when, I'm sure they put him through the wringer as far as his urine sample went...I don't think anything else needs to be said on the subject...it was all said in his being awarded MVP and MOC in the Cup...Still trying to cast aspersions not only looks like a cheap shot but also says something about the person casting them

Edited by Stickem
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Nobody is lily-white agreed BUT I think there's a large grey area when it comes to Andrew and the accusations that he knew he was taking 'junk' ....He has always maintained that he didn't willingly take anything to improve his game....I think he proved that in the Cup , where and when, I'm sure they put him through the wringer as far as his urine sample went...I don't think anything else needs to be said on the subject...it was all said in his being awarded MVP and MOC in the Cup...Still trying to cast aspersions not only looks like a cheap shot but also says something about the person casting them


You are actually agreeing with my point here despite trying to insult me and make judgements on my character. The comparison was made between the Bombers signing their guys and a team like Calgary signing “thugs, criminals, and cheaters” and then doubling down by pointing out a PED player on their team. My sole point was to say if you want to point a finger know that 3 more are pointed back at you, as the saying goes. And any Bomber fan who brings up PEDs to claim some moral high ground on another team should expect the name Harris to come up. Not a shot at Harris himself, or a condemnation of the poster who brought up Calgary’s sketchy player history, just trying to say let’s not pretend Winnipeg is clean here as a franchise and using Harris as an obvious example of how others could throw stones our way. And as for the “grey area”, I am pretty confident that if he was not a Bomber you would not be so willing to look the other way about his positive test, and the grey area is largely confined to the jersey he wears. As it is with fans and team sports across the board. You can disagree with me vehemently BUT history has borne out that fans are pretty willing to tolerate the same behaviour from their own players that they would castigate opposing players for. 
 

18 minutes ago, Brandon said:

If we are going to pick a Bomber bad guy at least pick Elvis impersonator Tom Porras.

 

I would never cast Tom as the villain. He is the only player I know of to have been awarded the prestigious “Happy Honker” award by Cactus Jack Wells when playing for the team opposite the Bombers that day. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stickem said:

Nobody is lily-white agreed BUT I think there's a large grey area when it comes to Andrew and the accusations that he knew he was taking 'junk' ....He has always maintained that he didn't willingly take anything to improve his game....I think he proved that in the Cup , where and when, I'm sure they put him through the wringer as far as his urine sample went...I don't think anything else needs to be said on the subject...it was all said in his being awarded MVP and MOC in the Cup...Still trying to cast aspersions not only looks like a cheap shot but also says something about the person casting them

We will probably never know if Andrew Harris's positive test result was the result of an accidental ingestion or a deliberate one. The high level that he produced in the playoff and Grey Cup game does not resolve the question. Lots of people take supplements to improve performance (over the counter "testosterone enhancers" for example) and report improvements anecdotally even though there is no clinical evidence to indicate that these libido enhancers actually work. Its called "the placebo effect".

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tracker said:

Now you've  gone and ruined it for all the chortlers out there. Shame on you.

And... TB4 is taking this thing waaaaaaay too seriously. It's all about dissing every inferior team to the Bombers any way you can & have fun doing it. All 8 of them. Feels good rhetorically to spread my wings again. Season getting close. I can feel it. Just relax TB4 & have a little fun. Those comments were never meant to be taken seriously.

Edited by SpeedFlex27
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

And... TB4 is taking this thing waaaaaaay too seriously. It's all about dissing every inferior team to the Bombers any way you can & have fun doing it. All 8 of them. Feels good rhetorically to spread my wings again. Season getting close. I can feel it.

About two weeks ago you told me the league was dead and everything was awful and the sky is falling and why even bother getting excited......I was pretty sure someone ran over your dog.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Noeller said:

About two weeks ago you told me the league was dead and everything was awful and the sky is falling and why even bother getting excited......I was pretty sure someone ran over your dog.....

I never said that ever. I said the CFL has revenue stream problems & there are no new ones available. They have a limited TV contract with TSN which while friendly to that cable network & brings in advertising money for them seems to short out the CFL revenue wise. Just about everyone agrees with that. The league is looking for new revenue streams so they're talking with Redbird Capital. They need the Senate to pass the single game betting bill asap. Why a bunch of old foghats in the unelected Upper Chamber would hold this thing up is beyond me. This should be law by now.

Edited by SpeedFlex27
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Andrew Harris? Glass houses, people. 

Harris wasnt barred for life pretty big difference. 

6 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Bombers drafted Tyson Pencer who had disciplinary issues in college (trying to find the exact issue, help if you know), signed Onterrio Smith who was kicked off his college team and got busted with an”anti-drug detection kit” (a.k.a “Whizzinator”) at the airport, and had convicted murderer Gerry Sawatsky on the team for a few years. And every accused or convicted criminal who does their time can move on with life afterwards, so legally they are entitled to be employed. If one wants to question the morals of a team that employs ne’er-do-wells, OK that is your prerogative, but let’s not pretend that the Bombers are lily white and the Stamps are trash if one feels inclined to cast judgment. Every team has its skeletons. 

And how many different front offices where home to each of those skeletons? 

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

We will probably never know if Andrew Harris's positive test result was the result of an accidental ingestion or a deliberate one. The high level that he produced in the playoff and Grey Cup game does not resolve the question. Lots of people take supplements to improve performance (over the counter "testosterone enhancers" for example) and report improvements anecdotally even though there is no clinical evidence to indicate that these libido enhancers actually work. Its called "the placebo effect".

Maybe not, But we will know that the micro dose of what he had wouldnt have any marked increase in performance. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Harris wasn't barred for life pretty big difference. 

And how many different front offices where home to each of those skeletons? 

Maybe not, But we will know that the micro dose of what he had wouldn't have any marked increase in performance. 

What matters is that the placebo effect can be very powerful. During WW2 a shipment of what was supposed to be morphine to the ETO was actually saline solution by mistake, but the analgesic effects were very nearly as powerful- surgeries were performed while the patients were anaesthetized and unconscious while sedated by saline solution. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I would never cast Tom as the villain. He is the only player I know of to have been awarded the prestigious “Happy Honker” award by Cactus Jack Wells when playing for the team opposite the Bombers that day. 

Quote

From 2003 to 2007, Porras was a substitute teacher and assistant football and track coach at Saguaro High School in Scottsdale, Arizona. On April 26, 2007, he was arrested and placed on administrative leave due to suspicion of sex abuse and public sexual indecency with a female studen

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:


You are actually agreeing with my point here despite trying to insult me and make judgements on my character. 
 

 

You know by the initial writing of my post that I agreed with...'nobody is lily white'....To go on with the incident concerning Harris last year, when as far as I'm concerned, has been laid to rest. is 'cheap shotting'.....Inferring that he was like members of other clubs taking enhancing drugs is trying to cast the impression that he willingly took peds when you know damn well that has never been proven...His claim that it was an accidental consumption is believed by most...except the two local media types that dumped all over him that cost him any year end awards....I guess you are amongst those types....those types I don't consider to be actual Bomber fans....I think Andrew sent a message to those types in the Cup, and if you watch the Grey Cup post festivities you would have received it...

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2021-06-09 at 6:52 AM, TrueBlue4ever said:

Andrew Harris? Glass houses, people. 

 

21 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Bombers drafted Tyson Pencer who had disciplinary issues in college (trying to find the exact issue, help if you know), signed Onterrio Smith who was kicked off his college team and got busted with an”anti-drug detection kit” (a.k.a “Whizzinator”) at the airport, and had convicted murderer Gerry Sawatsky on the team for a few years. And every accused or convicted criminal who does their time can move on with life afterwards, so legally they are entitled to be employed. If one wants to question the morals of a team that employs ne’er-do-wells, OK that is your prerogative, but let’s not pretend that the Bombers are lily white and the Stamps are trash if one feels inclined to cast judgment. Every team has its skeletons. 

 

 

You are not one of us...

CircularUnluckyAntlion-max-1mb.gif

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

😆😅🤣

Just kidding TB4.... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Can we talk about how Rider fans and their media are already planning the parade, touting Fajardo and that secondary?

Shouldn’t be too hard to plan the parade route. Wait, they haven’t built a road in Regina yet, have they? Figured they’d just pick a field somewhere. 
long-line-of-tractors-on-a-country-road-

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2021-06-09 at 7:10 PM, Tracker said:

What matters is that the placebo effect can be very powerful. During WW2 a shipment of what was supposed to be morphine to the ETO was actually saline solution by mistake, but the analgesic effects were very nearly as powerful- surgeries were performed while the patients were anaesthetized and unconscious while sedated by saline solution. 

It can, but then when he was off it you wouldve seen a drop off. Also there is no way any one would take that stuff in a micro dose and have such an expectation that the placebo effect kicked in. .3 seconds on google would dispel that.  If he had been found with any kind of semi modern juice in his system, I could have seen it. Or even more if he had been caught with a blocker which far more people get busted for. 

 IF he was a high school or college kid with no money I could see that too. But for a professional athlete with his considerable resources and finances I can not see taking that on purpose. Ive known plenty of guys who juiced on cheap and expensive salaries. No one making 50-100k is using that as their PED. 

On 2021-06-10 at 7:53 AM, rebusrankin said:

Can we talk about how Rider fans and their media are already planning the parade, touting Fajardo and that secondary?

I honestly expect them to be the fall down team of the year. The biggest step back of all the play off teams. My bias is strong no doubt. But I liked fajardo before he was a rider. After what we saw in 2019 he needs a huge step forward to match his production. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...