Bombers Signings

Noeller

WINNIPEG — The Winnipeg Blue Bombers announce the following roster transactions.

Added to roster:
American offensive tackle Terry Poole (six-foot-five, 325 pounds, San Diego State)
American offensive lineman Tyler Johnson (six-foot-three, 280 pounds, Tulane)
American defensive lineman Anree Saint-Amour (six-foot-three, 260 pounds Georgia Tech)

https://www.cfl.ca/2021/06/25/bombers-add-three-americans-trenches/

Anree Saint-Amour

1 hour ago, Colin Unger said:

You want to have depth in training camp at all positions.  Who knows what kind of shape some of these guys are in.

I will be the first to admit due to COVID, I am out of practice. Once I've got my second shot I'll have to heckle slow mall walkers and anti-vaxxers to get myself up to speed before August 5th. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

24 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Bombers signings per CFL.ca transaction page. 

DB David Rivers (Youngstown State)
DB Hakeem Bailey (West Virginia)
LB Khaylan Kearse-Thomas (Arizona State)

These look like "meh" signings from the clips- particularly Thomas.

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

These look like "meh" signings from the clips- particularly Thomas.

Keep in mind that those are high-school clips for Thomas. For that level his read and discipline is tremendous. He also shows excellent explosive strength tackling. He instantly takes a lot of ball carriers from vertical to horizontal.

With 2 years worth of rookie imp recruitment I very much doubt any one brought in late for camp will be tcf. I would strongly suspect these guys are being brought in for their polish and adaptive speed to the cfl game. Not monster athletes who have superstar potential. 

5 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Keep in mind that those are high-school clips for Thomas. For that level his read and discipline is tremendous. He also shows excellent explosive strength tackling. He instantly takes a lot of ball carriers from vertical to horizontal.

With 2 years worth of rookie imp recruitment I very much doubt any one brought in late for camp will be tcf. I would strongly suspect these guys are being brought in for their polish and adaptive speed to the cfl game. Not monster athletes who have superstar potential. 

I did not see Thomas shed any blocks or out-run anyone. His tackles were here he ran between would-be blockers and got to the ball carrier. He did have couple of INTs  but some college film footage would have been a better measure.

36 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

without the benefit of pre-season games, its a totally waste to bring in tcfs.

barring any injuries, there’s only one starting position left to fill which is the field-side CB. the new guys need to be solid for them to at least be considered for a spot on the PR.

Tcf can be useful as fall guys to let vets go hard and take less reps but ya this team in this situation doesn't really make sense. 

45 minutes ago, Tracker said:

I did not see Thomas shed any blocks or out-run anyone. His tackles were here he ran between would-be blockers and got to the ball carrier. He did have couple of INTs  but some college film footage would have been a better measure.

You don't see a lot of block shedding in hs. Short of some really good prep school vs a state contender which doesn't happen as much out side play offs. But ya he doesn't seem to have jets. 

16 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

without the benefit of pre-season games, its a totally waste to bring in tcfs.

barring any injuries, there’s only one starting position left to fill which is the field-side CB. the new guys need to be solid for them to at least be considered for a spot on the PR.

I think it’s fairly unreasonable to say that after 600+ days off, there’s only one starting position to fill.

Who knows what the time off will have done to mainstays.

2 hours ago, Mike said:

I think it’s fairly unreasonable to say that after 600+ days off, there’s only one starting position to fill.

Who knows what the time off will have done to mainstays.

And in fact Kyle Walters talked about just that in an interview not too long ago.