2021 (??) CFL Season

Noeller

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The pbp for the Stamps Mark Stephen as well as Danny Austin who covers the team for the Calgary Herald & Sun both say it was salary related. Not Covid related due to a lack of vaccinations. They both said Huff was fully vaccinated. I just think Dickenson was unhappy with him. Perhaps he was dogging it at practice. Apparently, the decision to release Huff was all Dickenson's. I know that Huff was in his doghouse.

Ottawa needs receivers  

14 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The pbp for the Stamps Mark Stephen as well as Danny Austin who covers the team for the Calgary Herald & Sun both say it was salary related. Not Covid related due to a lack of vaccinations. They both said Huff was fully vaccinated. I just think Dickenson was unhappy with him. Perhaps he was dogging it at practice. Apparently, the decision to release Huff was all Dickenson's. I know that Huff was in his doghouse.

Austin and Stephen can say what they want. His contract is guaranteed at this point of the season if I'm not mistaken. Unless he doesn't qualify for vet status but he should.

1 hour ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Saskatchewan's punter "global player of the year" after 2 games, according to 3downnation. Rider fans (and "journalists") are the absolute worst.

bunch of clowns...Hansen all day..every day...makes impact plays..rotates on a team with the Jeff's and Kongbo...he's the top global...He could probably be a starter on many teams

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

How much $ does Toronto get to spend compared to everybody else?

an extra 100k per fan they get. Soo they get to spend about a million more than the rest. 

1 hour ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Huh what happened to Huff in Calgary? Isn’t he having a decent season..

I thought so too. Ended up in DDs doghouse I think. They gotta blame some one for BLMs sucking and it sure cant be BLM. 

7 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

Yeah what a YIKES. You cant be anti french canadian in the cfl. Half of the NIs are french, maybe more.  

10 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

He got into Dave Dickenson's doghouse. He was a healthy scratch a couple of weeks ago. 

A friend of mine in Calgary was telling me that Huff and Maier were pretty tight and that there were rumors Huff felt Maier should be playing right now not Bo and may have voiced his opinion too strongly to Dickie. This, of course, is rumor mill stuff from the Calgary fan base but I just put it out there because it is interesting.

35 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

Especially in Ottawa. In my brief travels I ran into just as many francophones in Ottawa as I did in Montreal, maybe even more

It borders on Gatineau and nearly every Fed Gov't job requires employees to speak French.     The folks on the French side are also extremely xenophobic and hypersensitive to any kind of complaints about French.    More so then in Montreal or Quebec City.     So they definitely had zero choice but to fire him.

17 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Never ceases to amaze me what fans here get offended by. Bombers do the same thing by including a playoff ticket in the season ticket package. It’s good business to get fans to invest, and then offer a discount off of a season ticket package if the game doesn’t come to pass. 

No, you pay for the ticket and carry that playoff ticket over until you use it. 

No one sells tickets beforehand because you have to deal with the logistics of returning all the money. 

Riders are confident and are taking a chance. 

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

No, you pay for the ticket and carry that playoff ticket over until you use it. 

No one sells tickets beforehand because you have to deal with the logistics of returning all the money. 

Riders are confident and are taking a chance. 

And I for one hope karma ***** slaps them all the way to McMahon stadium.