2021 (??) CFL Season

Noeller

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

I think the CFL was hoping that Globals would be able to pick up the slack left by the NFL taking and keeping more players. Globals basically give each team an extra DI and they can play in US colleges before the CFL.

GCn20's right about the OL situation and that makes the QB situation look even worse. Give Reilly time and he's still got the goods to produce big offensive numbers. Teams still want to use the tried and true 'use your Canadians on the OL', but it isn't working any more. DL's are eating them alive, which leads to tons of short dump passes and very few deep balls. 3 Import OL's make sense, but then teams need to be able to find starting level NI's at other spots. I know this is unpopular but maybe the answer is 1 more starting import and 1 less starting Canadian.

No training camp and short work days can be fixed in the next contract and those changes should have a positive effect on the game. I hope the players association agrees.

If the CFL wants to get fans more attached to the teams, then it needs to reduce the amount of player turnover. The 1 year contracts are good for players who have a good year and get an NFL look. Bring back the NFL window and 2 year minimum contracts and have the teams hold the CFL rights to the player if they come back to the CFL and still have a year left on their contract.

I would say most teams would take the extra American starter and use them on defense. 

1 minute ago, rebusrankin said:

So Derek Taylor responded to the time change for the West Final saying the Riders will get an extra half hour to prep for the Grey Cup. Wonder how it feels to sell your soul to the toothless mob?

You're just jelly because you won't get to watch the Grey Cup with the rest of the Riders, from their homes in Regina. They must need that extra half hour of prep time to thaw the outhouse for their guests. 

14 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I am sure Elks fans are just ecstatic right now.

I remember 2012/2013 and the stuff we got excited about because we had precious little else........something like this would have given me hope. 

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Off topic. Wonder if this team is more dominant than the current bomber squad. Imagine having some one hang 106 on you lol. 13 passing tds. Sounds like the type of coach the riders would love. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/usc/ContentGallery/Justyn-Martin-13-touchdowns-one-game-106-0-win-174099152/Amp/

Fun fact: The most lopsided American College Football score in history was 222 - 0. The winning team was led by John Heisman (yes, the one the trophy is named after). He did so as a retaliatory act as the Cumberland College had earlier beaten up on the Georgia Tech's baseball team.

Cumberland made no pass attempts, and had 27 rush attempts for -42 yards. They also lost 9 fumbles throughout the game.

1 hour ago, Eternal optimist said:

Fun fact: The most lopsided American College Football score in history was 222 - 0. The winning team was led by John Heisman (yes, the one the trophy is named after). He did so as a retaliatory act as the Cumberland College had earlier beaten up on the Georgia Tech's baseball team.

Cumberland made no pass attempts, and had 27 rush attempts for -42 yards. They also lost 9 fumbles throughout the game.

Yep I had a post about it on the Anniverary in I think 2019. It's one of my favorite all time football stories. 

The north Cumberland fake baseball team used a semi pro ringer team to beat up on heismans team too. You don't mess with him lol. 

At one point a player was drug off by a pack of wild dogs. The starting qb for Cumberland was knocked out cold on the opening kick off and came back twice only to be carted off. A couple players snuck off the field and hid behind the score board. Truly the wildest game of football ever. If any one hasn't watched it or heard of the game I strongly recommend the video. 

On 2021-10-28 at 7:59 PM, Jesse said:

It really seems like you’re getting defensive- like I’m trying to attack the league or something. So if I’m saying any of this poorly, please excuse me.

im just trying to discuss what I think to be an important issue. I certainly don’t have the answer to something that has plagued our league for years.

The NFL is a huge part of the problem. They’re recognizing that short athletic QBs can be effective. They’re expanding the practice rosters and allowing players to stay on them longer. In the time they’ve been doing that, we’ve seen less talent come North.

Teams are signing a lot of D2 qbs. There's a reason why they are.

12 hours ago, Geebrr said:

I am sure Elks fans are just ecstatic right now.

They are furious on social media. Saying Sunderland shouldn't be allowed to sign any players long term as he'll be fired & that Arbuckle hasn't won anything. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

15 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

They have committed to run the ball the past few games think they are much more balanced in 2021 than 2019.

They can feel that way all they want, but what they gain in the running game they lose double in Bo's inability to throw anymore. Unless his shoulder suddenly and miraculously heals, and he suddenly becomes a cold weather player, the Stamps are still worse than the team they had in 2019. I expect SSK in the West final actually. If Calgary can get out of SSK with a win they will be beat up.

fwiw, Riders players dropping like flies today....already missing Kyran Moore from a knee injury suffered vs Montreal, AC Leonard a no-show at practice due to unspecified injury, then newly acquired Duke Williams gets injured and taken down the tunnel, and shortly after that, Dan Clark goes down and can barely walk under his own power..... a shallow depth team gets shallower.....

Duke looks slow...out of shape and basically pedestrian up there...and based on last game...and just further confirmation...Fjardo is a useless QB other than a change a pace and run for a first down/broken play guy...going nowhere far with him..and they tied their wagon to him at elite starter money...oh darn!!

15 minutes ago, Noeller said:

fwiw, Riders players dropping like flies today....already missing Kyran Moore from a knee injury suffered vs Montreal, AC Leonard a no-show at practice due to unspecified injury, then newly acquired Duke Williams gets injured and taken down the tunnel, and shortly after that, Dan Clark goes down and can barely walk under his own power..... a shallow depth team gets shallower.....

League prolly tried to piss test ac again. So he went into hiding. 

Idk If that ol can get worse. 

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

Duke looks slow...out of shape and basically pedestrian up there...and based on last game...and just further confirmation...Fjardo is a useless QB other than a change a pace and run for a first down/broken play guy...going nowhere far with him..and they tied their wagon to him at elite starter money...oh darn!!

Hard for fringe speed guys when they lose a step. Looks like the mafia dodged a bullet. I would love for them to bring in some fresh blood for the pr and get orange and agudosi in a game. It'd be great to see some Grant reps at wr too.

Idk whats up with agudosi on the suspended list wish one of the reporters would ask about him.