2021 (??) CFL Season

Noeller

I can't remember if I saw this here first or Twitter but anyhow...

The article has more details. 

The CFL’s ten highest-paid receivers

https://3downnation.com/2021/10/13/the-cfls-ten-highest-paid-receivers/

1) Derel Walker, Edmonton Elks (A) — $180,000 ($156,000)

2) Lemar Durant, B.C. Lions (N) — $175,000 ($142,000)

3) Shaq Evans, Saskatchewan Roughriders (A) — $165,000 ($132,000)

4) Brandon Banks, Hamilton Tiger-Cats (A) — $162,000 ($135,000)

5) Greg Ellingson, Edmonton Elks (A) — $155,000 ($116,000)

6) Nic Demski, Winnipeg Blue Bombers (A) — $145,000 ($113,000)

7) Tevaun Smith, Edmonton Elks (A) — $145,000 ($113,000)

😎 Eugene Lewis, Montreal Alouettes (A) — $142,000 ($116,000)

9) Bralon Addison, Hamilton Tiger-Cats (A) — $136,500 ($114,000)

10) Kamar Jorden, Calgary Stampeders (A) — $135,000 ($108,000)

Editor’s note: recently-signed Saskatchewan Roughriders’ receiver Duke Williams would appear on this list but has been omitted due to signing so late in the season. He will earn $73,000 in 2021 due to the proration of his contract.

7 minutes ago, JCon said:

I can't remember if I saw this here first or Twitter but anyhow...

The article has more details. 

The CFL’s ten highest-paid receivers

https://3downnation.com/2021/10/13/the-cfls-ten-highest-paid-receivers/

1) Derel Walker, Edmonton Elks (A) 

2) Lemar Durant, B.C. Lions (N) 

3) Shaq Evans, Saskatchewan Roughriders (A) 

4) Brandon Banks, Hamilton Tiger-Cats (A) 

5) Greg Ellingson, Edmonton Elks (A) 

6) Nic Demski, Winnipeg Blue Bombers (A) 

7) Tevaun Smith, Edmonton Elks (A)

😎 Eugene Lewis, Montreal Alouettes (A) 

9) Bralon Addison, Hamilton Tiger-Cats (A

10) Kamar Jorden, Calgary Stampeders (A) 

Top ten in yards - If this is correct, looks like only 4 make the top 10 in yards so far.

Lawler

Whitehead

Lewis

Wieneke

Burnham

Jordan

Ellingson

Ambles

Demski

Moore

14 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Top ten in yards - If this is correct, looks like only 4 make the top 10 in yards so far.

Lawler

Whitehead

Lewis

Wieneke

Burnham

Jordan

Ellingson

Ambles

Demski

Moore

The top 10 paid list has some really bad over pays. Durant, evans and smith for sure. Banks is clearly done, but I get why hamilton thought he would be better.

Just now, Noeller said:

Pretty good bang for the buck from Lawler, I'd say........

It is, but next year if he doesnt go to the NFL he's probably gonna be wanting 150k+ pretty easy, 

Another day, and yet another idiotic rider media article on the CFL basically crying about the bombers. This time also league wide defensive dominance. Like holy crap does this guy think the elk shouldve punted 3 times from inside their own 3 yard line? Its normal for the toxic type of rider fan to be extra salty when the bombers are great and riders bad. But the whole damn rider media circuit is foaming at the mouth and grasping at straws for a reason to see the bombers sabotaged. 

https://3downnation.com/2021/10/15/dumb-dumber-enough-with-the-safeties/

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

Another day, and yet another idiotic rider media article on the CFL basically crying about the bombers. This time also league wide defensive dominance. Like holy crap does this guy think the elk shouldve punted 3 times from inside their own 3 yard line? Its normal for the toxic type of rider fan to be extra salty when the bombers are great and riders bad. But the whole damn rider media circuit is foaming at the mouth and grasping at straws for a reason to see the bombers sabotaged. 

https://3downnation.com/2021/10/15/dumb-dumber-enough-with-the-safeties/

3Down went downhill fast after after Edwards left. Now, it's basically a fan site. 

Just now, JCon said:

3Down went downhill fast after after Edwards left. Now, it's basically a fan site. 

No joke. I feel like dunk writes 1 in every 20 articles or so too now. They just let it be a soap box for terrible mouth pieces. 

I mean how do they not managed a deal to have doug brown do a weekly football article. Or duane forde an article going in depth on break out players all over the league.  Or guys like bauming or some thing. The league has people around the country who are interesting and creative but 3dn and TSN settle for soo much old garbage just because its been around. 

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

No joke. I feel like dunk writes 1 in every 20 articles or so too now. They just let it be a soap box for terrible mouth pieces. 

I mean how do they not managed a deal to have doug brown do a weekly football article. Or duane forde an article going in depth on break out players all over the league.  Or guys like bauming or some thing. The league has people around the country who are interesting and creative but 3dn and TSN settle for soo much old garbage just because its been around. 

Ferguson has CFP, which isn't bad. 

I have hope that 3Down will improve over time, which is why I still link their articles and follow them. But, it's hard when they lack the professional editor that Edwards kind of was. If only they could find a national partner to piggyback on, like the way it started under the Spectator. 

Just now, JCon said:

Ferguson has CFP, which isn't bad. 

I have hope that 3Down will improve over time, which is why I still link their articles and follow them. But, it's hard when they lack the professional editor that Edwards kind of was. If only they could find a national partner to piggyback on, like the way it started under the Spectator. 

Yeah I hope it does. I like the around the league anonymous weekly post. 

Just now, Geebrr said:

They gave up basically nothing for him though.

He will keep them in the mix to come out of the East.

Maybe.  I doubt he leaves the sideline.  Shiltz is decent and Khari likes a little mobility plus the run game and playaction.  Harris has never run an offense like that, more of a west coast/spread type.