2021 (??) CFL Season

Noeller

48 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Last I heard is there were concerns with the roof supporting a big dumping of snow. Not sure if they worked on the issue the past few years. 

I was at that 2008 Grey Cup and the Big O was in disarray back then. I can't imagine they what state the stadium is in now. 

When I was in Montreal a few years ago they were using the Big O to house refugees that were coming over the border at Roxham Road Quebec.  Thousands of them apparently.  I assume with COVID that need wasn't there anymore.

Just now, Bubba Zanetti said:

True, but at least Harris gives you some sort of hope moving forward. Cornelius really hasnt shown anything.

Harris looks to have hit whatever ceiling his situation in Edmonton is allowing him, and its not good. Perhaps a change in geography will revitalize his career. If the Edmonton Ungulates assume that the season is lost, they might as well dump salary and see if their remaining QBs offer any hope for the season.

3 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

True, but at least Harris gives you some sort of hope moving forward. Cornelius really hasnt shown anything.

Maybe hope now, but not moving forward. He's had his worst season to date and is 35. If you're looking at rebuilding, I understand wanting to move on especially if you can flip him for some other players/picks etc.

12 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

If Edmonton was smart they would jump on Arbuckle and make a trade with Toronto before Montreal, and then just straight up cut Harris.

except Edmonton fully believes Cornelius is The Guy. Elizondo had him last year in whatever spring league thing he was playing in, and fully believes in the guy. So I'm sure they feel like they don't need anyone else....

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

except Edmonton fully believes Cornelius is The Guy. Elizondo had him last year in whatever spring league thing he was playing in, and fully believes in the guy. So I'm sure they feel like they don't need anyone else....

I can totally see why given his arm and physical attributes but he does not make good decisions. It was the same in college from everything I have read. And, certainly the same with the Vipers. 

1 minute ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Since It looks like Edmonton has started their locker room sale early this year maybe they will be willing to give up Whyte 😀 long shot I know but man that would be a killer steal. 

Guess you didn't hear how Whyte...shyte all over us in the past......He wouldn't be on our radar....let him swim with the fishies

2 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Since It looks like Edmonton has started their locker room sale early this year maybe they will be willing to give up Whyte 😀 long shot I know but man that would be a killer steal. 

Maybe the deal will be in place after the game tonight. And Whyte will travel with the Bombers going back to Winnipeg. Here's hoping. 

2 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Maybe the deal will be in place after the game tonight. And Whyte will travel with the Bombers going back to Winnipeg. Here's hoping. 

Whyte said, when we were badly in need of a kicker back a few years ago,  that Wpg. would never be a destination for him.....He can keep going.....right to the bottom ....Waiting on Liram would be a better option

39 minutes ago, JCon said:

I can totally see why given his arm and physical attributes but he does not make good decisions. It was the same in college from everything I have read. And, certainly the same with the Vipers. 

Yeah, I mean he's another high up side low experience qb. Like dom davis, and MBT. You can have a reason to believe they will develop giving a steady flow of reps and coaching. But the hardest place to develop a QB is between the ears. He has tremendous physical talent. Hes big, really fast and athletic, and has a big arm. But for my money, I would rather develop a QB who is smart, mentally tough, accurate/good touch, with a quick release. 

Its amazing soo many years later, just how many teams at all levels of football want a michael bishop instead of a tom brady. I mean, I love athletic qbs as much as any one. I think a mobile qb is the easiest way to build a winning offense. But unless you have a michael vick level phenom talent, an athletic QB still needs to read and make decisions first and foremost. 

The critical failing of a guy like Fajardo (other than not being able to throw a deep ball), is his in ability to read a run opportunity. He scrambles when pressured. When he runs a designed qb keeper he doesnt fool any one. Collaros scrambles before the pressure comes, he keeps his eyes down field reading rushers and coverage, then makes the best decision he can. 

Just now, Stickem said:

Whyte said, when we were badly in need of a kicker back a few years ago,  that Wpg. would never be a destination for him.....He can keep going.....right to the bottom ....Waiting on Liram would be a better option

I think that if we are still struggling with kicking when the bye week hits that we will see castillo or lirim land here.