Random Jets News

3 hours ago, iHeart said:

I hope so too I kind of want to see some 2.0 names up in the rafters. I mean who else is there of the 1.0 players to honor?

Could be like the Bombers Hall of Fame with anyone who played 2 years gets in 😂

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

https://www.nhl.com/jets/news/jets-acquire-defenceman-artemi-kniazev-from-the-san-jose-sharks/c-345181884

WINNIPEG, July 2, 2023 - The Winnipeg Jets announced today they have acquired defenceman Artemi Kniazev from the San Jose Sharks in exchange for defenceman Leon Gawanke.

Kniazev, 22, played 61 games for the AHL's San Jose Barracuda in 2022-23 and recorded 28 points (5G, 23A) and 32 penalty minutes. The Kazan, Russia native made his NHL debut for the Sharks on Nov. 4/21, his lone NHL game to date. Kniazev, San Jose's second-round pick (48th oveall) in the 2019 NHL Draft, played his first North American professional season in 2021-22 when he also saw action in 60 games for the Barracuda and posted 28 points (7G, 21A) and 55 PIMs.

Kniazev played his North American junior hockey in the QMJHL with the Chicoutimi Saguenees and recorded 95 points (29G, 66A) and 104 PIMs in 120 games over three seasons. Internationally, he has represented Russia on multiple occasions, including the 2021 World Junior Championships where he posted four points (1G, 3A) and 10 PIMs in seven games.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Jimmy from Lockport said:

I would sign Helle for 5 x 9 and Scheif for 6 x 8.5m.

Perfetti Scheifele Vilardi
KFC Names Ehlers
Iafallo Lowry Nino
Barron Kup Apples

or

Nino Perfetti Scheifele
KFC Vilardi Kup
Iafallo Namestnikov Ehlers
Barron Lowry Apples

I'm sensing Helle wants to go to a legitimate cup contender right now to win in the next 1-3 years so won't consider signing with the Jets unless the number is absurd that no other team would match and it would be difficult for him to leave that amount of cash on the table.

As for #55, I get no sense of where his headspace is right now.

2 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I'm sensing Helle wants to go to a legitimate cup contender right now to win in the next 1-3 years so won't consider signing with the Jets unless the number is absurd that no other team would match and it would be difficult for him to leave that amount of cash on the table.

Not that there's a history of the Jets doing that 🤔

3 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

As for #55, I get no sense of where his headspace is right now.

45m over the next 5 years is almost as much as what he is going to make on any 6 or 7 year deal elsewhere.

I think this lineup makes the playoffs. That 3rd line could own other team's lines depending. Three good lines and a really good 4th line.

Perfetti Scheifele Nino
KFC Vilardi Kup
Barron Lowry Apples

JMo DD

Samberg Schmidt

Dillon Pionk

Stanley/Chisholm

Helle LB

Edited by Jimmy from Lockport

16 hours ago, Jimmy from Lockport said:

45m over the next 5 years is almost as much as what he is going to make on any 6 or 7 year deal elsewhere.

I think this lineup makes the playoffs. That 3rd line could own other team's lines depending. Three good lines and a really good 4th line.

Perfetti Scheifele Nino
KFC Vilardi Kup
Barron Lowry Appleton

Now that’s a 4th line!

• 2 months later...