Covid-19

JCon

12 hours ago, Noeller said:

I read somewhere today (maybe earlier in this thread???) that the scientists seem to think 90% fully dosed is needed to combat Delta and subsequent variants.... 

I had posted that and the Guardian article it came from. They had said %90 to % 95 of the TOTAL population ,not the eligible. I don't know if that would ever be possible. What % of the population is under 5 or ineligible due to health issues.Never mind the nutbar group. I guess the way I look at it is the higher we get that vaccination % the better. The more careful we are (within reason ) the better. We also need to balance that with keeping the economy going and our social/ mental health. I keep going back to a quote I heard from a infectious disease DR who said " there is no safe , only safer ". Barring a miracle this could go on for years. Maybe with the  pill ( if its accepted by the anti crowd ) and booster shots we can beat it down to a less significant threat.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2021/11/13/two-new-delta-offshoots-have-emerged-in-western-canada-its-a-warning-say-disease-experts.html

The emergence of two sublineages of the COVID-19 Delta variant in Western Canada holds important lessons for the rest of the country on the consequences of allowing a virus to spread unchecked, infectious disease experts say.

But it’s yet to be known if the sublineages, called AY.25 and AY.27, are more effective at replicating or a greater threat to Canadians.

Anti-vaccine conspiracy theorists say you can "reverse" vaccines with Borax

Once a vaccine is in you, there is no way to get it out.

This is the message from public health experts after a viral TikTok video circulated misinformation about how to "remove" a COVID-19 vaccine from one's body. The post's creator, osteopathic doctor Dr. Carrie Madej, claims that you can take a bath with baking soda and epsom salt to remove radiation and poisons. After that, Madej says people should add borax to rid themselves of "nanotechnologies." That last instruction is where the video goes from merely silly to downright dangerous: Borax is used to treat mold and mildew, as well as kill insects, and can be caustic and harmful to humans who are directly exposed to it.

Of course, the real question is why anyone who has been vaccinated would want to reverse their inoculation. The answer, according to a recent NBC News story covering the trend, is that many of those who were vaccinated in accordance with President Joe Biden's recent vaccine mandates or other company-specific mandates might have done so against their ideological beliefs — suggesting that at least some of those who were vaccinated in order to avoid losing their jobs or suffering other social sanctions still identify as anti-vaxxers. The Madej video, which was taken off of TikTok but has been vigorously recirculated online, caters to that milieu.

The un-scientific idea of reversing a vaccination precedes the COVID-19 pandemic. In 2017, a pair of doctors targeting an anti-vaccine audience claimed that there were viable ways of ridding one's bodies of alleged injected "toxins."

The COVID-19 era incarnation of this trend, many Reddit users pointed out, could seem like a net positive It allows the anti-vaccine contingent to maintain their pride despite being vaccinated, while protecting the rest of society from COVID-19. The problem, however, is that the suggestions for removing a vaccine — which, again, is not possible — are based in bad science and dangerous in some cases.

Bad science has an unsettling tendency to lead to hazardous consequences, as indicated by people willingly scrubbing themselves with a chemical that can lead to nausea, diarrhea, weakness, drowsiness, headaches and convulsions. Other supposed vaccine removal techniques include practices like cupping, an ancient medical method that involves creating suction on the skin; slicing up the injection site with a razor to remove the vaccine contents; trying to use syringes to "remove" an injection; and anything that can plausibly fit under the trending hashtag #vaccinedeto

Anti-vaccine conspiracy theorists say you can "reverse" vaccines with Borax | Salon.com

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

Anti-vaccine conspiracy theorists say you can "reverse" vaccines with Borax

Once a vaccine is in you, there is no way to get it out.

This is the message from public health experts after a viral TikTok video circulated misinformation about how to "remove" a COVID-19 vaccine from one's body. The post's creator, osteopathic doctor Dr. Carrie Madej, claims that you can take a bath with baking soda and epsom salt to remove radiation and poisons. After that, Madej says people should add borax to rid themselves of "nanotechnologies." That last instruction is where the video goes from merely silly to downright dangerous: Borax is used to treat mold and mildew, as well as kill insects, and can be caustic and harmful to humans who are directly exposed to it.

Of course, the real question is why anyone who has been vaccinated would want to reverse their inoculation. The answer, according to a recent NBC News story covering the trend, is that many of those who were vaccinated in accordance with President Joe Biden's recent vaccine mandates or other company-specific mandates might have done so against their ideological beliefs — suggesting that at least some of those who were vaccinated in order to avoid losing their jobs or suffering other social sanctions still identify as anti-vaxxers. The Madej video, which was taken off of TikTok but has been vigorously recirculated online, caters to that milieu.

The un-scientific idea of reversing a vaccination precedes the COVID-19 pandemic. In 2017, a pair of doctors targeting an anti-vaccine audience claimed that there were viable ways of ridding one's bodies of alleged injected "toxins."

The COVID-19 era incarnation of this trend, many Reddit users pointed out, could seem like a net positive It allows the anti-vaccine contingent to maintain their pride despite being vaccinated, while protecting the rest of society from COVID-19. The problem, however, is that the suggestions for removing a vaccine — which, again, is not possible — are based in bad science and dangerous in some cases.

Bad science has an unsettling tendency to lead to hazardous consequences, as indicated by people willingly scrubbing themselves with a chemical that can lead to nausea, diarrhea, weakness, drowsiness, headaches and convulsions. Other supposed vaccine removal techniques include practices like cupping, an ancient medical method that involves creating suction on the skin; slicing up the injection site with a razor to remove the vaccine contents; trying to use syringes to "remove" an injection; and anything that can plausibly fit under the trending hashtag #vaccinedeto

Anti-vaccine conspiracy theorists say you can "reverse" vaccines with Borax | Salon.com

I will say this about the pandemic, it has made me much more aware about how ignorant some  people are. And I suppose more aware of  how some ruthless people will exploit said ignorant people. 

Incidentally I used borax on an anthill once and it may have killed a nearby tree.

This is a difficult choice for many:

Either a jab with a small needle a couple of times injecting a miniscule amount of intensively tested vaccine administered to hundreds of millions with almost no significant side effects

or 

unproven applications of proven potentially fatal anti-parasite veterinary medication and off-label medications or caustic baths.

Tough choice.

Edited by Tracker