Covid-19

JCon

111 of today's 185 new cases were not fully vaccinated, including 103 with no vaccine at all. 74 fully vaccinated cases.

ICU active case total: 21
 Unvaxed: 19
 Partially vaxed: 0
 Fully vaxed: 2

Active hospitalization total: 109
 Unvaxed: 59
 Partially vaxed: 5
 Fully vaxed: 45

First-dose uptake - 86.9% (no change)
Second-dose uptake - 84% (+0.1%)
2,107,234 doses administered now. 
2,502 doses administered yesterday.

Regions below 50% uptake: 
 Winkler - 44.6% (no change)
 RM of Stanley - 25.8% (-0.1%)

Southern Health makes up 56 of the 138 total hospitalizations and 15 of the 28 ICU admissions. They also have 451 of the 1,428 active cases.

Since Aug. 31, there have been 37 deaths out of Southern Health. 
Since Aug. 31, there have been 14 deaths out of Winnipeg. 

Southern Health has less than one-third of Winnipeg's total population.

There have been 72 deaths in Manitoba, overall, since Aug. 31. Southern Health makes up more than half of those. 

1 hour ago, the watcher said:

Just for perspective 37 deaths in Southern Health in a little over 2 months would be roughly the same as 130 deaths in Winnipeg.  But as far as I have observed many in the region simply don't care. 

Evangelical preachers .have said that dying for their faith ensures express admission to Heaven. No mention of 72 virgins, though.

Is 9gag a muslim heaven?

2 hours ago, iHeart said:

when will the Republicans learn that when they go up against Big Bird it will not end well for them

It's all part of the culture war. Big Bird is seen as an innocent, caring, thoughtful, figure. Everything conservatives hate. 

Edited by JCon

New cases by region:
 Southern - 66
 Winnipeg - 33
 Interlake-Eastern - 29
 Prairie Mountain - 10
 Northern - 5

89 of today's 143 new cases were not fully vaccinated, including 54 with no vaccine at all. 54 fully vaccinated cases.

ICU active case total: 21
 Unvaxed: 18
 Partially vaxed: 0
 Fully vaxed: 3

Active hospitalization total: 114
 Unvaxed: 59
 Partially vaxed: 6
 Fully vaxed: 49

First-dose uptake - 87% (+0.1%)
Second-dose uptake - 84.1% (+0.1%)
2,109,981 doses administered now. 
2,747 doses administered yesterday.

Regions below 50% uptake: 
 Winkler - 44.7% (+0.1%)
 RM of Stanley - 25.8% (no change)

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

25 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Take away their free health care 

Can't do that- that is antithetical to UNIVERSAL healthcare.

Although, the unvaccinated could be triaged differently... All Vaxxed people seeking treatment bump all unvaxxed for the same procedure or care- I can get behind that. (baring of course a legitimate medical exemption).

1 hour ago, JCon said:

It's all part of the culture war. Big Bird is seen as innocent, caring, thoughtful, figure. Everything conservatives hate. 

Yup and me getting upset at those types of conservatives for hating innocent, caring, thoughtful figures brands me as part of a woke mob.  

Edited by HardCoreBlue
Edit sentence

46 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Can't do that- that is antithetical to UNIVERSAL healthcare.

Although, the unvaccinated could be triaged differently... All Vaxxed people seeking treatment bump all unvaxxed for the same procedure or care- I can get behind that. (baring of course a legitimate medical exemption).

I agree that we probably shouldn't be able to say no to healthcare. Doctors Manitoba has asked the province to develop triage protocols. I wouldn't have an issue with unvaccinated Covid patients (without a legit exemption) being put at the back of the line for health care. Ideally we would have the capacity to provide treatment to all, but there have been non-Covid patients dying in hospital when there was suitable precautions that others could have taken (a vaccine). In other words, people deciding to be unvaccinated has directly led to the death of non-Covid patients in the hospital.

I believe I have already read that there are cases where vaccinated people are being given priority for transplants.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7887756/doctors-manitoba-triage-protocols-covid-19/

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

Anybody else pissed that they've followed the rules because they're a relatively caring person or a member of the woke mob according to Aaron Rodgers and we face further restrictions due to idiots being selfish assholes? Oh and also pissed that the province is waiting too long to address issues again?

This is me, in August/September in Alberta..... 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

This is me, in August/September in Alberta..... 

As frustrated as I've been with our government in Manitoba, we've lately been able to look great compared to the incredibly low bar with Alberta's government. We did take some precautions to reduce/delay a 4th wave.

We had so much too little/too late throughout the pandemic here, that any action that comes before the peak of a wave seems relatively good. I'm wondering if we can skype Pallister in from Costa Rica to cancel Christmas again.

10 hours ago, Mark H. said:

They seem to have overestimated a couple of things:

a) the effectiveness of vaccines in lowering case counts

b) the amount of people choosing to get vaccinated 

I think A is still accurate.....it's relative. Without the vaccines, it would be MUCH worse. B is fair....under estimated some people's stupidity. 

14 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Anybody else pissed that they've followed the rules because they're a relatively caring person or a member of the woke mob according to Aaron Rodgers and we face further restrictions due to idiots being selfish assholes? Oh and also pissed that the province is waiting too long to address issues again?

The current government has done a pretty good job. They have led the country with vaccine passports. They have had some of the toughest restrictions and have generally brought them in earlier than most other provinces. All our numbers verify this. And this is despite having the moronic Winkler/ Stanley crowd. This is a nasty, nasty virus that is not going away. It could go on for years. So they can't simply shut everything down permanently.  It's not ALL the fault of the unvaccinated. ( who I don't understand at all ) It's the fault of the virus. We may have won some battles against it but the war continues.

Actually I'd say the current government is a mixed bag. The vaccine passports and the current restrictions have been pretty good. The current waiting and allowing things to get out of control in Southern Health to the point it may impact the entire province is not. Waiting and dithering while this happened as they have done twice before not good. I didn't say shut down but some enforcement and tough love in these areas is needed and was needed before.