Covid-19

JCon

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

There's no press conference scheduled that I can see. 

Well there goes my theory... I thought they were still having them semi-regularly and since this was big news, I figured they would throw one together.

Also noticed that on the RBC booking site, they are taking bookings for general vaccinations as well (influenza and pneumonia), so the fact that they are allowing bookings doesn't necessarily mean it's for Covid.

1 hour ago, Sard said:

I had the same thought... wouldn't want to go all the way down there to get turned away.  I know that when I was trying to book for my older kids, it wouldn't even let me get that far until they were officially eligible, so I'm hopeful that means they have the kids doses ready to go.

News release says the kids doses will arrive in Canada within days and that it will take about about a week to get them distributed to clinics within Manitoba.

@Tracker, how do you know that doses are already in Winnipeg?

Still have some contacts in Dept of Health and a grandson who is 6, so I have a vested interest.

People 'will continue to suffer': Former Tennessee vaccine director flees home amid COVID-related threats
-November 19, 2021

The former vaccine director for the state of Tennessee has been forced to flee her home amid threats of violence related to COVID-19. In a new interview with BBC News, Dr. Michelle Fiscus was featured with her husband as they prepared to move out of their home.

As they packed up their belongings, they recalled the harrowing threats and taunts they've faced as a result of Fiscus' stance on mask mandates, mitigation measures, the COVID-19 vaccine and its distribution.

The former Tennessee public health official noted how the state's deep political divide has worsened over the course of the pandemic. According to Fiscus, the pushback and politicization have actually progressed since the vaccine has become more readily available. Disturbing COVID-related conspiracy theories have also contributed to the vitriol medical professionals like Fiscus face.

People 'will continue to suffer': Former Tennessee vaccine director flees home amid COVID-related threats - Alternet.org

I guess those of us who were trying to get ahead of it were doing so in vain:

https://www.chrisd.ca/2021/11/19/manitoba-covid-19-vaccine-children-approval/

Specifically:

Officials say some people have tried to pre-book appointments next week in anticipation of the vaccine being available. Those who have done so will be turned away at the clinic and their appointments are considered invalid. The province says there will be a separate booking option for children aged five to 11.

Edited by Sard
wrong quote

3 minutes ago, Sard said:

I guess those of us who were trying to get ahead of it were doing so in vain:

https://www.chrisd.ca/2021/11/19/manitoba-covid-19-vaccine-children-approval/

Specifically:

Officials say some people have tried to pre-book appointments next week in anticipation of the vaccine being available. Those who have done so will be turned away at the clinic and their appointments are considered invalid. The province says there will be a separate booking option for children aged five to 11.

Before, if you were ineligible to book, the system didn't allow it. But, for whatever reason, they decided to let those 5+ book. Why? Why would they have changed it? 

14 minutes ago, JCon said:

Before, if you were ineligible to book, the system didn't allow it. But, for whatever reason, they decided to let those 5+ book. Why? Why would they have changed it? 

Because they are allowing you to book for influenza and pneumonia vaccines all at the same time.  They aren't filtering it in the booking system.

17 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

everyone vaccinated 😭

Thank goodness, if they weren't vaccinated the death toll would likely already be higher.

This is a reminder that the vaccine is not a 100% cure-all and you can still catch COVID if you are vaccinated, but the symptoms should be less severe