2020 Free Agent Tracker

Rich

6 minutes ago, Mike said:

Not ideal. Losing good players to a league not called the NFL is never good. 

Aging ones though..all over 31, but still not ideal.

The thing tho the XFL salary structure isn't gonna rob the CFL of stars in their prime, but moreso the aging vets feeling the squeeze...but if revenue increases the cap like the CFL 2.0 is supposed to, then the guys now feeling the pinch will have more money available for them

8 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I kind of expect Walker to follow, he's had plenty of time to sign with a CFL club and is now probably exploring other options.  Wouldn't be surprised if he returns to the CFL when market conditions suit him better.

Don't know what that league is offering players but the offers must be more attractive than what they're getting here....Walker would be crazy to sign for less in the xfl BUT that's his decision....Rhymes could be another one, as he's also been out there for awhile now with no deal....????The longer those two receivers are hesitating to sign with a CFL club, it could be a sign they may be going the way of Edwards/Greene

8 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Don't know what that league is offering players but the offers must be more attractive than what they're getting here....Walker would be crazy to sign for less in the xfl BUT that's his decision....Rhymes could be another one, as he's also been out there for awhile now with no deal....????The longer those two receivers are hesitating to sign with a CFL club, it could be a sign they may be going the way of Edwards/Greene

nope....i highly doubt they been offered less than this

XFL salary structure

• Average salary: $55,000
  • Bi-weekly paycheck: $2,080
  • Activation fee: $1,685
  • Victory bonus: $2,222

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

nope....i highly doubt they been offered less than this

XFL salary structure

• Average salary: $55,000
  • Bi-weekly paycheck: $2,080
  • Activation fee: $1,685
  • Victory bonus: $2,222

No way the upper echelon CFL guys go to the XFL. Guys like Edwards and Dennis...sure...the pay drop off is not nearly as steep and they can potentially double dip if they stay healthy. Walker can't risk losing his CFL paycheque on what the XFL is offering.

36 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I kind of expect Walker to follow, he's had plenty of time to sign with a CFL club and is now probably exploring other options.  Wouldn't be surprised if he returns to the CFL when market conditions suit him better.

The market is not going to improve before next year unless he waits for a team to clear some significant space via the 6 game.

1 minute ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

That's what I was implying with Walker and Edmunds.

I'd like to get this guy Edmunds under contract...to hell with Walker....LOL

I agree Throw Long....most likely double dippers AND a few of those guys are on the edge as far as their career's go ....Not the case with Edwards and Walker though

6 hours ago, GCn20 said:

No way the upper echelon CFL guys go to the XFL. Guys like Edwards and Dennis...sure...the pay drop off is not nearly as steep and they can potentially double dip if they stay healthy. Walker can't risk losing his CFL paycheque on what the XFL is offering.

Yeah it's a pretty big risk for anyone with a legitimate CFL job available I'd say.  SJ Green makes sense to me.  The others it seems risky.  Keeping in mind the benefits CFL players have (as much as they ***** about them) including medical coverage and pension.  Have no idea what the XFL has but I'm sure it's not much beyond basic liability/injury insurance.

On 2020-02-19 at 12:06 PM, stevethe3rd said:

I am thinking we will see most of these guys back in the CFL this year.Just like Ciante Evans and Dylan Wynn did last year with the AFF. They realize their careers are nearing the end and are going to double dip to maximize their earnings.

Agreed, great way to stay in game shape and make more money- more power to them... as long as they come back to the CFL. :) 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Floyd said:

https://3downnation.com/2020/03/09/top-10-highest-paid-2020-cfl-free-agents/

Wow... our idea of salaries is a bit off... or not sure about this list ha...

Craigh Roh at $125k... same price as Chris Ackie... wow.  Ackie is a steal at $120.

Micah Johnson getting same $$ as WillieJ basically

How is 190k the same as 250k or whatever 

• 1 month later...