NFL thread

The Zipp

47 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I knew Taylor Swift would win the Super Bowl. They showed her over the end of the play really

disgusting right? there's the players on the field making the play and celebrating that they've won the super bowl... but quick! cut to taylor swift!  I got nothing against that whole sideshow other that not caring about it at all, but come on, that moment is about the players not the celebrities watching. 

4 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Why would anyone want to make a bet on this? Yet, millions probably will.

People were betting on whether on not Travis Kelce was going to propose to Taylor Swift after the game... people bet on some pretty stupid things.

6 hours ago, Sard said:

People were betting on whether on not Travis Kelce was going to propose to Taylor Swift after the game... people bet on some pretty stupid things.

What was the over/under of Kelce belting his 65 year old Head Coach for taking him out for one play??? If his all around behaviour isn't roid rage then shame on him for being a total douchebag. 

Did Gronk make his kick?

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Belted? Not really. I get jostled harder than that in the Costco checkout line at Christmas.

It would for sure look a lot worse if they had lost. Instead Kelce lead his team with 9 catches and 90 something yards. His catch and run on the tying drive was clutch.

Kelce was mic'd up, I suspect we get to hear what he said soon enough. Doesnt sound like anyone in KC is upset. Mahomes even pointed to that moment as representative of the team's drive and desire to win, and said "everyone loves it"

Yeah I only started watching the last 5 minutes because I saw the score was tied a d it only reaffirmed my belief that CFL rules are vastly superior. That ending and ot drrraaaagggggeeeeedddddd on and made what could have been a super exciting dramatic finish seem like a chore.

11 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah I only started watching the last 5 minutes because I saw the score was tied a d it only reaffirmed my belief that CFL rules are vastly superior. That ending and ot drrraaaagggggeeeeedddddd on and made what could have been a super exciting dramatic finish seem like a chore.

I get that NFL player talent is far superior to CFL plus their marketing puts ours to shame but I just continue to have no interest in watching NFL games.

I begin to watch games with my son who's a hardcore Eagles fan and within minutes I'm bored out of my mind.

It's probably because I have no affiliation with any team but I don't know if that's just it.

It would obviously change if Winnipeg was in the league but even TO/BC getting a NFL team I probably still wouldn't watch.

It would be interesting to know how much of those 60 minutes are actually played and how much time each team wastes running the 45 second clock down. It feels half the time is spent running the clock down. CFL much quicker pace. More exciting for sure. 

Edited by Goalie

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

It would be interesting to know how much of those 60 minutes are actually played and how much time each team wastes running the 45 second clock down. It feels half the time is spent running the clock down. CFL much quicker pace. More exciting for sure. 

I've read, on average, it's about 18 minutes of actual gameplay in the NFL. Not sure about the CFL. 

4 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I've heard around 18 minutes too- jinx

Edited by itchy

1 minute ago, JCon said:

I've read, on average, it's about 18 minutes of actual gameplay in the NFL. Not sure about the CFL. 

According to Google, the CFL is very similar. 

Same for number of plays. They are very similar. 

28 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

The clock is always running before the 20-second clock starts. It's the final 3 minutes where the actual lengthening of the game occurs.

It just doesn’t seem to drag like nfl games do. More action I feel. Maybe it’s the less downs and bigger field just makes it appear that way. 

On 2024-02-12 at 6:14 AM, MOBomberFan said:

Belted? Not really. I get jostled harder than that in the Costco checkout line at Christmas.

It would for sure look a lot worse if they had lost. Instead Kelce lead his team with 9 catches and 90 something yards. His catch and run on the tying drive was clutch.

Kelce was mic'd up, I suspect we get to hear what he said soon enough. Doesnt sound like anyone in KC is upset. Mahomes even pointed to that moment as representative of the team's drive and desire to win, and said "everyone loves it"

I never said that Kelce belted Reid. I said what would be the over/under of him doing so? I don't care what you or anyone else says to sugarcoat what he did. Leaders lead. They don't act like enraged pricks when things don't go their way.

6 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I never said that Kelce belted Reid.

I also said Kelce didnt belt Reid so I guess we agree!

6 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Leaders lead. They don't act like enraged pricks when things don't go their way.

He led the team with 9 catches and almost 100 yards. Leaders lead? He was literally the leader and players do their talking on the field.

But you're right, who cares what I think... what any of us think. KC loves it, Mahomes loves it, Reid loves it... bet TSwift loves it too.