NFL thread

The Zipp

5 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Apparently from what I've read today, the Bills are $45 million over the salary cap which means the team will be pulled apart before next season.

Allen's salary is going from ~$20M to ~$45M. 

On 2024-01-24 at 6:01 PM, bustamente said:

Harbaugh leaves Michigan for Tinsel Town

I'm stoked to see what Harbaugh can do with Justin Herbert. Would he bring back Colin Kaepernick? He played his best football under Harbaugh. With the new sherrif running the Chargers, they may stop being the afterthought in Los Angeles behind the Rams. 

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I'm stoked to see what Harbaugh can do with Justin Herbert. Would he bring back Colin Kaepernick? He played his best football under Harbaugh. With the new sherrif running the Chargers, they may stop being the afterthought in Los Angeles behind the Rams. 

Kap as a coach right cause his playing days are done.

33 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Kap as a coach right cause his playing days are done.

He's 36 & hasn't played in something like 7 years. I agree that his days are done as a qb, But this is Jim Harbaugh we're talking about here... If anyone is unconventional, it's him.

Bombers - Grey Cup appearance. 

Wolverines - NCAA Champions. 

49ers - Super Bowl (pending outcome)

It's been a good year already. But, it's been a long time since Niners won it all. 

What a boneheaded couple of decisions from Dan Campbell. 
If you’re up by 14 on the road in the playoffs, you take the bloody points to make it a 3 score game, and to make the same call again the next quarter…

Campbell turned that franchise around, but my goodness. That was one of the dumbest hours I’ve seen anyone have in this sport. 

I feel terrible for the Detroit fans, their own coach just cost them a super bowl berth.  

It’s the negative image of 2016 MOS attempting that 78 yard field goal or whatever it was instead of going for it on 3rd and 3. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

What a boneheaded couple of decisions from Dan Campbell. 
If you’re up by 14 on the road in the playoffs, you take the bloody points to make it a 3 score game, and to make the same call again the next quarter…

Campbell turned that franchise around, but my goodness. That was one of the dumbest hours I’ve seen anyone have in this sport. 

I feel terrible for the Detroit fans, their own coach just cost them a super bowl berth.  

It’s the negative image of 2016 MOS attempting that 78 yard field goal or whatever it was instead of going for it on 3rd and 3. 

Campbell will have a short shelf life as a HC in Detroit if he doesn't change his ways. Like the Bombers with Ray Jauch who got so full of himself because he always seemed to win that he took the big bucks of the USFL over the Bombers in 1983, his replacement Cal Murphy won the GC as Bombers HC in 1984. Jauch couldn't get out of the West as Bomber HC. It took another HC in Murphy to realize the Bombers true potential. I can see the same thing happening in Detroit. It may take another head coach to elevate that team even further.