NFL thread

The Zipp

On 2024-01-12 at 10:35 AM, voodoochylde said:

As much as I detest New England, I will be the first to say Belichick is a phenomenal coach but would also say that it's likely neither Brady nor Belichick would have had the success they did without the other.  

Belichick's downfall was his inability to build and maintain a roster - he failed as a GM.

Belichek's also a miserable bastard. He & Darryl Sutter would be good friends.

5 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Flacco pretty well barged up the game today for the Browns, time to re retire. Houston has a real good in Stroud, so young and so good.

Yeah, I was wondering when Flacco's bubble would burst. It was inevitable as he's been playing at too high a level. Just like a guy whose parachute won't open. the thud he'd make hitting the ground would be deafening.

Flacco didn’t throw a pass over 20 yards. Cleveland made some interesting decisions in that game. I guess if you really want to break it down, Cleveland got out coached and outplayed on O D and special teams. Stroud and the O were great but the Texans D was pretty solid also. The Cleveland O who showed up yesterday didn’t look remotely close to a few weeks ago. Did Myles Garrett play? He must have cuz apparently the guy with 1 sack I believe in his last 7 games blamed the coaching

browns deserve to fail cuz they keep making stupid decisions. Go Bucs and Baker Mayfield btw. lol. Deshaun the molester Watson. Makes it hard to cheer for Cleveland 

texans seem like a likeable bunch. Honestly didn’t watch lots of their games. Maybe 1 early. 1 a couple weeks ago. Seem like a good group. Like a group of Kurt Warners 

Edited by Goalie

One thing I notice is how unhappy Jalen Hurts is all the time. Whenever the camera focuses on him when he's on the field, he's constantly shaking his head no in a very subtle way. You'd never notice it sitting in the stands but up close he just gives off these negative vibes. I think a lot of his teammates have given up on him. 

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Baltimore looks like the best team in the playoffs. Their defense looks incredible. The 49ers offense was stunted last night without Deebo Samuels. Jordan Love looks like he'll develop into a terricic starting qb. 

Purdy couldn't hold the ball. Hopefully, it's dry next week when they play Lions. 

Ravens - Niners would be a great Super Bowl (again). 

5 hours ago, JCon said:

Purdy couldn't hold the ball. Hopefully, it's dry next week when they play Lions. 

Ravens - Niners would be a great Super Bowl (again). 

Two confounding questions about a league where a billion dollars is just chump change. Why would you not build stadiums for the 49ers & Bills with a roof??? 

30 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Two confounding questions about a league where a billion dollars is just chump change. Why would you not build stadiums for the 49ers & Bills with a roof??? 

Fall is the dry season in Santa Clara. It's ideal football weather. 

Bills? New stadium is already costing over a billion dollars. But, I really don't know the rationale besides the fans prefer open air?

5 minutes ago, JCon said:

Fall is the dry season in Santa Clara. It's ideal football weather. 

Bills? New stadium is already costing over a billion dollars. But, I really don't know the rationale besides the fans prefer open air?

I heard that there's some pushback now in Buffalo to redo the stadium with a roof. Thousands of fans had to leave their seats in the upper decks after Monday's game sliding down the stairs on their butts because the snow had turned to sheer ice. Lots of very unhappy fans. I watched a video of fans taking their lives into their hands going home. They got the game in but it was a debacle. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

I saw another video of a middle aged guy who (I think) was a State Senator from the Buffalo area. He harumphed, huffed & puffed saying that the Bills don't need a roof on their new stadium. My take is that Northern New York is not going to lose their NFL team over a roof on their new stadium. If public sentiment & the Bills want a roof, they'll get a roof.