Osh is a Legend

Floyd

10 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Hugh Campbell had Tom Wilkinson & Warren Moon playing for him & won 5 Grey Cups. Bud Grant had Ken Ploen. Frank Clair had Russ Jackson. Eagle Keys had Ron Lancaster. Great coaches had great players. Would Frank Clair have won 3 Grey Cups with Gary Wood? Eagle Keys never won in BC with Don Moorehead. Bud Grant never would have won with John Schneider.  Hugh campbell never would have won with Don Trull or Corey Colehour. Winning championships go hand in hand with HOF qbs.  All those coaches had multiple Hall Of Famers playing at other positions as well. Otherwise they never would have won. 

This post goes with my believing Nichols was never going to win a cup for the Bombers.  He isnt HOF material nor was he ever labeled a " great " QB.....

9 minutes ago, Mike said:

Why? I mean that statement alone, whether you care to see O’Shea go or not, is incredibly true. 

It completely ignores a plethora of factors....to say "6 years is plenty" is ignoring the shape the team was in (on a number of levels) and also pins it all on Osh. It's completely ridiculous...

18 hours ago, 17to85 said:

I was theorising the other day that is this current slump not just a little bit similar to the one we went through with Nichols last season? Lots of punts and turnovers and just can't get any traction? Almost exactly the same time of year as well. 

Please see 2011 as well.

58 minutes ago, Noeller said:

literally the only person I'd want to have as our HC, aside from Osh...

I like O'Shea. But, it looks like given the way the Bombers are going, we're one and done in the playoffs. So, that takes O'Shea's overall record to around .500 regular season (I get the first two seasons he had a bad team), and 1-4 in playoffs. So, I'm curious, at what point as an organization do you say, that's not good enough? I don't know specifically who I would want as a potential replacement, but, I do know as Wade Miller or the Bombers board, I'd have a hard time selling this to the paying fans. As a ticket paying fan myself, I'm not really satisfied with basically continuing down this path of mediocrity. And even if he's a good coach, and he is, maybe he's not the right coach for us right now. His particular flaws are not serving the Bombers. I think the players and organization might need a new voice and some fresh eyes. Happens in sports all the time. Happened with the Alouettes. Could happen with us with a change. 

Edited by M.Silverback

1 minute ago, M.Silverback said:

And even if he's a good coach, and he is, maybe he's not the right coach for us right now. I think the players and organization might need a new voice and some fresh eyes. Happens in sports all the time. Happened with the Alouettes. Could happen with us with a change. 

So make the change away from a proven loser at OC and see how O'Shea does. O'Shea had issues early on getting the coordinators worth a damn to be interested in Winnipeg because of the teams history of firing coaches quickly, and then when Lapo was hired there was all the talk about getting someone with head coaching experience to help a relatively fresh faced head coach... so let's let him try one more time. O'Shea is a damned good head coach and Lapo we know all about his issues (which are manifesting themselves again with this offense) so let's have one more shot to get it right at that position. 

Condell wouldn't be my choice, but honestly, can you think of anything worse than the Bombers losing Osh and letting Lapo be HC again? Like, seriously......? This is the stuff nightmares are made of. If Osh goes to Toronto, they'll win a GC within the first couple years.

4 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

So make the change away from a proven loser at OC and see how O'Shea does. O'Shea had issues early on getting the coordinators worth a damn to be interested in Winnipeg because of the teams history of firing coaches quickly, and then when Lapo was hired there was all the talk about getting someone with head coaching experience to help a relatively fresh faced head coach... so let's let him try one more time. O'Shea is a damned good head coach and Lapo we know all about his issues (which are manifesting themselves again with this offense) so let's have one more shot to get it right at that position. 

I'm good with firing Lapo. And Hall. But, shouldn't the coach who supported them so long take some of the heat for this? It's not as if this season's struggles are a surprise. I bet you could go back on this board one year ago and find almost the exact posts dumping on Lapo and Hall. Shouldn't a good head coach take some of the blame for doing the same thing but expecting different results? 

Not an easy decision for Walters, Miller and all. I'm just saying, if I were them, I'd seriously consider cleaning house. Or at a minimum, new coordinators and O'Shea on a short new contract, which he may not accept.

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

If we lose MOS, I hope that Miller makes an offer to Khari (not under contract past this year) that he can't refuse.

He may need to cut his teeth at other coaching roles (OC) to get the experience but I'm wondering if Buck Pierce has any aspirations in being at HC.

If O'Shea leaves and goes elsewhere, there's nothing the team can do about it.   He obviously wants to go home and you can't compete with that.   I'd like him to stay and bring a Cup to the city and it's long suffering fans. \but if he goes, well you move on and sign the best candidate available.   

I remember losing an employee to a competitor and this guy was probably the best employee I had and had a bright future ahead of him.  When I called my boss in a panic letting him know that he left for the competition.  His response was no problem. Here's an opportunity to hire someone even better than the guy we lost. 

So while I would be upset if Osh leaves. Here's a chance to find the coach that will take us to the promised land. 

12 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I could possibly see him getting a bit of a pass with onus being put on the front office for not getting a QB that can win the big game. But still very true.

yep. and the coach that rebuilds the franchise into a respectable out fit is not automatically the one that will win you a championship. 

54 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Condell wouldn't be my choice, but honestly, can you think of anything worse than the Bombers losing Osh and letting Lapo be HC again? Like, seriously......? This is the stuff nightmares are made of. If Osh goes to Toronto, they'll win a GC within the first couple years.

Given the historic offence struggles this team has demonstrated how can anyone think there is justification PROMOTING LaPo to HC.  Can anyone explain the logic of that? 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

It completely ignores a plethora of factors....to say "6 years is plenty" is ignoring the shape the team was in (on a number of levels) and also pins it all on Osh. It's completely ridiculous...

Blame anyone and everyone....the end result is the end result...does the 6 year plan now become the 8 yr plan. You give MOS a 2 yr extension...(nobody would agree to one yr...why would you? ).  He poops the bed after 6 games and then what. A) you owe for a year plus and then who is on the staff to promote to HC?