Osh is a Legend

Floyd

2 hours ago, M.Silverback said:

I'm good with firing Lapo. And Hall. But, shouldn't the coach who supported them so long take some of the heat for this? It's not as if this season's struggles are a surprise. I bet you could go back on this board one year ago and find almost the exact posts dumping on Lapo and Hall. Shouldn't a good head coach take some of the blame for doing the same thing but expecting different results? 

Not an easy decision for Walters, Miller and all. I'm just saying, if I were them, I'd seriously consider cleaning house. Or at a minimum, new coordinators and O'Shea on a short new contract, which he may not accept.

Almost regardless how this season turns out I think we need to make some changes. It's not going to be an easy decision, but I agree with this that Lapo and Hall should move on. I want to keep O'Shea, but we gotta make some changes. 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

I wouldn't worry about that. He's won too many games for me to think that's a realistic possibility at this juncture. 

Won too many games?.........just not the right ones....If we're ousted early post season the knives will be out and I don't think O'Shea survives the onslaught

1 hour ago, DR. CFL said:

Given the historic offence struggles this team has demonstrated how can anyone think there is justification PROMOTING LaPo to HC.  Can anyone explain the logic of that? 

The lack of any good HC and the demand of multiple teams that will be hiring. Would you prefer Doug berry? Tim burke? Claybrooks? I can see the position where the team would make that move, not the move I would make but I could understand it a bit. And like I said, his play calling is the problem. Not his play book and his player coaching is actually very good.

I wonder if Mike Riley would be interested in making a return to the blue. Dont think he snagged another job since leaving the AAF. 

If we do end up hiring a new HC in the off season, its gonna be real slim pickings. 

Just now, wbbfan said:

The lack of any good HC and the demand of multiple teams that will be hiring. Would you prefer Doug berry? Tim burke? Claybrooks? I can see the position where the team would make that move, not the move I would make but I could understand it a bit. And like I said, his play calling is the problem. Not his play book and his player coaching is actually very good.

I wonder if Mike Riley would be interested in making a return to the blue. Dont think he snagged another job since leaving the AAF. 

If we do end up hiring a new HC in the off season, its gonna be real slim pickings. 

If it's that or Lapo, then yes...zero question.....okay, maybe not Burke.

Edited by Noeller

5 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

If we lose MOS, I hope that Miller makes an offer to Khari (not under contract past this year) that he can't refuse.

I'd personally prefer to see MOS stay in Winnipeg... I hope he makes the decision quick enough that Khari isn't locked up by Montreal already.

If I was Montreal I'd have already offered Khari a multiple year extension at premium dollars given what he's done with the team (and the near certainty of him winning Coach of the Year)... the fact that hasn't been announced makes me think Khari wants to see offers from other teams first.

5 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

This post goes with my believing Nichols was never going to win a cup for the Bombers.  He isnt HOF material nor was he ever labeled a " great " QB.....

Never ever said Osh was a great  coach as he has never won multiple Grey Cups. Nichols has never won multiple Grey Cups either so he's not a great qb. Thanks for dropping by though.  

Edited by SpeedFlex27

6 hours ago, Noeller said:

I honestly feel sick to my stomach right now....no joke.

Think of it this way, what if another coach comes in here, brings some great coordinators with him, and we win multiple cups. Wouldn't you be okay with O'Shea leaving then? I know I would. Even 1 cup before I die and I'd be so grateful. Besides, we could have a little ceremony, honour O'Shea and thank him for all his hard work, and wish him the best in his new endevour. Heck, we could name a street after him or you could name your dog after him. No end of ways to say thanks.

5 hours ago, 17to85 said:

So make the change away from a proven loser at OC and see how O'Shea does. O'Shea had issues early on getting the coordinators worth a damn to be interested in Winnipeg because of the teams history of firing coaches quickly, and then when Lapo was hired there was all the talk about getting someone with head coaching experience to help a relatively fresh faced head coach... so let's let him try one more time. O'Shea is a damned good head coach and Lapo we know all about his issues (which are manifesting themselves again with this offense) so let's have one more shot to get it right at that position. 

We could have done this last year, and the year before, and the year before ... enough.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Yes but some people have more patience than you do.

And if we continue with this element of patience....we will all be patient. It’s ironic we have endured 6 seasons of this rebuild re tool and people want to fire Campbell, Chamblin, Maas and Claybrookes and think nothing of that.....we have one playoff win...there are some Cup winners in that group of “rejects”

6 minutes ago, DR. CFL said:

And if we continue with this element of patience....we will all be patient. It’s ironic we have endured 6 seasons of this rebuild re tool and people want to fire Campbell, Chamblin, Maas and Claybrookes and think nothing of that.....we have one playoff win...there are some Cup winners in that group of “rejects”

Sometimes it feels like so many bomber fans in Winnipeg/manitoba  have accepted mediocrity.  Almost as bad as how all the rider fans have accepted living in shithole Regina/Saskatchewan.

Edited by NorthernSkunk

22 minutes ago, DR. CFL said:

People are idiots, especially fans. Too impatient, too ready to fire people. 

We have seen how being quick to fire people can turn out with this team many many times. It doesn't look pretty. I'm fine with giving the head coach who has brought this team back to respectability more time with some less lame coordinators. I've already said if he doesn't opt to make a change at OC he will lose my backing (I exclude Hall because we have seen some growth from Hall we haven't seen from Lapo)

24 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

We have seen how being quick to fire people can turn out with this team many many times. It doesn't look pretty. I'm fine with giving the head coach who has brought this team back to respectability more time with some less lame coordinators. I've already said if he doesn't opt to make a change at OC he will lose my backing (I exclude Hall because we have seen some growth from Hall we haven't seen from Lapo)

I feel like someone needs to grab you by the head, and, scream into your ear:
Michael O'Shea hired, and, is loyal to these coordinators. 

You can't possibly be serious with this post right?

42 minutes ago, White Out said:

I feel like someone needs to grab you by the head, and, scream into your ear:
Michael O'Shea hired, and, is loyal to these coordinators. 

You can't possibly be serious with this post right?

And he was loyal to other people who he fired too. That's the thing, some of us don't fly off the handle with rage and demand firings immediately. some people are capable of giving people chances to overcome their issues. 

I haven't heard O'Shea or Walters defending Lapolice at all this season.  Have heard them defend players on offense.  Reading between the lines there, sounds like there's quite a bit of disappointment in the lack of evolution in the offense regardless of how much cap space gets plowed into playmakers for Lapolice.

Have heard O'Shea defend Hall and explain his trust in the scheme.  I doubt there's any change coming there if O'Shea remains, and I don't really think there needs to be any.  The D has been spectacular given that we have rarely fielded a consistently functional offense, and have plundered the D more and more each of the last two off-seasons. Hall is pretty close to retirement though, think that's more likely than a firing.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

And he was loyal to other people who he fired too. That's the thing, some of us don't fly off the handle with rage and demand firings immediately. some people are capable of giving people chances to overcome their issues. 

Say it with me now:

O'Shea is the 2nd most tenured coach in the history of the Blue Bombers. 

Edited by White Out

Let me share some insight from an NBA marketing executive who gave a talk at a CFL marketing meeting:

Never call it a rebuild....a 2yr retool is what fans expect....MOS did an admirable job retooling in 2 yrs....then what in 4 yrs 1 playoff win

A sports franchise marketing strategy is predicated on “selling hope” to fans. There is only a 50% win/loss proposition. If this team continues to falter down the stretch....what are you using as your “Hope” sales pitch to fans?

A management strategy based on the premise of I don’t make a decision to make changes moving forward, I won’t make the wrong decision....is a failed strategy in business and in sport.

So those of you touting “patience”..... what exactly is your time line and management strategy moving forward?

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

You should consider being the Blue Bombers community liason. You'd be awesome, I'd bring the popcorn. :)