Bombers @ Lions GDT!!!!!!!Finally!!!

Nolby

I give both the o-line and d-line edges to the Bombers. You can make a case that Reilly is better than Nichols and without Matthews in the lineup, maybe the Lions have a better receiving corps, but that works only if Reilly is vertical instead of horizontal. Bombers have a better running game and the secondaries are about the same- Lions seem to have better deep receivers but the Bombers ought to have a better short game. Special teams: edge to Bombers. Overall: 32-17 Bombers.

Just now, Tracker said:

I give both the o-line and d-line edges to the Bombers. You can make a case that Reilly is better than Nichols and without Matthews in the lineup, maybe the Lions have a better receiving corps, but that works only if Reilly is vertical instead of horizontal. Bombers have a better running game and the secondaries are about the same- Lions seem to have better deep receivers but the Bombers ought to have a better short game. Special teams: edge to Bombers. Overall: 32-17 Bombers.

"You can make a case that Reilly is better than Nichols" is the biggest understatement ever uttered on the internet.

I think we're the better, more experienced team on paper.

I also think the interior of our O-line is going to get torn to shreds though.

A combined 0 games started scares me. We've seen in the past what having a weak o-line can do to a team.

Edited by Dr Zaius

1 hour ago, AKAChip said:

Another thing is, there's a lot of hype around Boyko but while the talent is there, the guy couldn't even crack the starting lineup in the AAF. He may end up being really good, but the hype around him doesn't match the production.

Boyko also will have to adjust to the yard off the ball. I know he played high school ball in Saskatoon but I doubt that league was throwing the likes of Willie Jefferson at him.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Lions are going to rely on Mike Reilly to pull something out of his ass to win if you ask me. They are very over rated just because of his signing. Reilly being the best QB in the league didn't get Edmonton to the playoffs last year, I am skeptical if he can do it in BC with what I think is a worse team around him. 

I agree. 

Too much hype

2 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Boyko also will have to adjust to the yard off the ball. I know he played high school ball in Saskatoon but I doubt that league was throwing the likes of Willie Jefferson at him.

Figueroa is a huge question too... not an allstar anymore by any means 

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Did you look at the depth chart?  It might make you revisit the receiving corps comment.  Burnham, Carter and Durant.  All have failed in their roles, Burnham struggled to make the step from #2 target to #1, Carter has failed all around, Durant couldn't keep a role in Calgary.

Reilly > Nichols

Burnham > Adams except to Winnipeg fans.

Carter > Any of our Rookie import pass catchers. If Matthews was starting, then we'd have an edge, but he isn't.

Woli/Demski are better than Durant.

Still gotta go with BC on this one.

Both teams OL's are big question marks.

Edited by TBURGESS

1 minute ago, TBURGESS said:

Reilly > Nichols

Burnham > Adams except to Winnipeg fans.

Carter > Any of our Rookie import pass catchers. If Matthews was starting, then we'd have an edge, but he isn't.

Woli/Demski are better than Durant.

Still gotta go with BC on this one.

The Bombers personnel on offence without Matthews is good, not great. The difference between these two teams is on defence, where the Bombers arguably have the best personnel in the league and the Lions have arguably the worst. 

But Reilly can be the great equalizer. 

Gotta get Reiley on his horse....Punch holes in the Leos' o line and pressure the hell out of him...Watch out for his sneaky escape ability and cover tight...We should be able to take this one, even without Mathews...Go get em BigBlue

Edited by Stickem

Why is lions receiving Corp better..I'd say Adam's and Burnham a wash..I would take woli over Carter any day..since his release from sask he has done diddly 

Demski and Johnson.. wash again though Demski more versatile..and the other bc guy is straight from junior football so I'd put lucky or Lawler ahead of him..also u have to include Harris who is head and shoulders above Rutley..and both oline have potential and new faces on them but bc has a guy playing center who has never played it..at least Couture has been grooming for it for years.

And as Mike said.. that bc defense looks putrid and I see us exploiting konar and herdman just like we did to konar and gang against Edmonton last yr.

Reilly might make it interesting and close..maybe for a bit but I see us winning by at least 2 tds