2019 Main Training Camp

Mr Dee

5 hours ago, JCon said:

Skunk goes on about Big Chris, so I guess we can. 

There are Bomber fans all across the province falling in love with Big Chris...... it's one of the first questions a bomber fan has for another bomber fan when they get talking about the upcoming season.... " who do you want to see playing Big Chris, or Nichols".... 

6 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

There are Bomber fans all across the province falling in love with Big Chris...... it's one of the first questions a bomber fan has for another bomber fan when they get talking about the upcoming season.... " who do you want to see playing Big Chris, or Nichols".... 

Nope, I always ask if they got their Banjo Bowl tix yet. The more Blue in the stands, the better.

Chris Streveler 

Fleet-footed Bombers’ sophomore Streveler working on becoming well-rounded quarterback..

“I definitely don’t ever go into a play thinking, ‘OK, I’m gonna run it on this play,’” Streveler said. “You’ve got to go through your reads and then if things break down, it’s definitely a tool that you have in your toolbox. If things don’t look right or things are breaking down, you can incorporate that into your game.”

“I’m never saying on any particular play, ‘I can’t wait to run.’ You’re a quarterback and however you can put a drive together and move the ball, that’s your job.”

While Streveler says he doesn’t want to “overuse or rely” on his scrambling ability, O’Shea doesn’t see that as an issue.

“I think he’s pretty damn good,” O’Shea said. “His style of play and his game are very effective for him and for us. If it was a case where he’s missing touchdowns all over the field, you would show him those and he would learn from them, but that’s not the case. He’s gained enough experience to know the times to stand in and throw and the times to take off and go. He’s very effective in that regard.” 

https://winnipegsun.com/sports/football/cfl/winnipeg-bluebombers/fleet-footed-bombers-sophomore-streveler-working-on-becoming-well-rounded-quarterback#click=https://t.co/kLUBoLX9EX  

👁‍🗨Can’t wait to see what’s in store for Streveler this year with a particular set of plays designed with him in mind..

Day 15 Recap

Bombers head coach Mike O’Shea confirmed that Matt Nichols will see action this Thursday in Saskatchewan in the final preseason tune-up before the real games begin.

The Bombers QB depth chart looks solid with Nichols and Streveler 1-2, and Bennett and McGuire battling for the third spot. Bennett does a ton of extra stuff on special teams, but there is a lot to like about McGuire, who attended the club’s free-agent camp in Florida in April before attending rookie mini-camps with the Minnesota Vikings and Miami Dolphins.

McGuire was six of 10 for 69 yards in Friday’s game and certainly looked comfortable delivering strikes and moving around the pocket.

Charles Nelson, who left practice on Sunday and was not on the field on Monday, will be further evaluated by doctors. O’Shea said he wasn’t sure if he would be available Thursday but was hopeful he could suit up…

https://www.bluebombers.com/2019/06/03/notes-camp-day-15-recap/

3 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

I thought they would be on the field at the same time. 

Nichols to Matthews was supposed to be THE thing this year.