2019 Main Training Camp

Mr Dee

Just now, Noeller said:

this place has been a ******* gong show the last week or so......I'm not sure if the upcoming season is going to make it better or worse.......?

We're all just anxious to get some games under our belt. It's been a long off-season.We'll be ready. 

11 minutes ago, Noeller said:

this place has been a ******* gong show the last week or so......I'm not sure if the upcoming season is going to make it better or worse.......?

There is an understandable amount of stress and angst among Bomber fans looking ahead to this season. We were led to believe and bought into the hope that last season the Bombers finally had their poop together to take a run at the Grey Cup. After an up and down season, the team faltered following a win over the hapless Riders and imploded against the Stamps. We again find ourselves in the grip of optimism without any concrete reason to expect a different outcome. False hope is the cruelest.

19 minutes ago, Tracker said:

There is an understandable amount of stress and angst among Bomber fans looking ahead to this season. We were led to believe and bought into the hope that last season the Bombers finally had their poop together to take a run at the Grey Cup. After an up and down season, the team faltered following a win over the hapless Riders and imploded against the Stamps. We again find ourselves in the grip of optimism without any concrete reason to expect a different outcome. False hope is the cruelest.

Yup, and that is why I am in next year country already. I think a Grey Cup win on the pearl anniversary of our drought is much better than pearl anniversary-minus one...

Has a much better sound to it. So let us all look to next year!!!!

WOOHOO GC2020!

1 hour ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Yup, and that is why I am in next year country already. I think a Grey Cup win on the pearl anniversary of our drought is much better than pearl anniversary-minus one...

Has a much better sound to it. So let us all look to next year!!!!

WOOHOO GC2020!

Talk about unrealistic. If this year is already going to be **** why is next year going to be any better? I don't see any end to this. Maybe 2055, but we will have to see how it goes.

9 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Talk about unrealistic. If this year is already going to be **** why is next year going to be any better? I don't see any end to this. Maybe 2055, but we will have to see how it goes.

Pfft... Pearl Anniversary, duh. 

Just messing with you- We take it this year. I foresee some really entertaining football and some serious blow outs by us. 

This year it seems that there are no real question marks going into the season. We're good in all phases of the game it seems. We have upgraded EVERYwhere I can think there was a concern in the off season... 

I think we are going to see a very dominant Blue Bombers team in all three facets of the game this year... 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Depends on how we do early on. 

No way this team stumbles out of the gates. This place will be rocking.

We are going to steamroll that BC O-Line and bury Reilly early and often. 1-0

The Edmonton Redblacks aren't scaring anyone. Contain Walker, get to Harris, profit. 2-0

Ottawa will be easy pickings. Literally, easy picks all game courtesy of Davis or Jennings, whichever. 3-0

7 hours ago, Noeller said:

snip, .....Rempel's going nowhere. But good to have a local kid learn from a vet.

When you have the best kicker/punter in the league

And he is as "quirky" as they come

You don't mess with the tools he needs

To get the job done.

His snapper being priority #1

Your comments are like lyrics from a  song.

HDay 10 Recap

Kylie Wilson - The 26-year-old Californian knows better now than to take anything for granted.

“Camp’s being going good, just going to work every day, asking the right questions, staying in the book and every day taking it one day at a time and just keep grinding, keep pushing no matter what,” said Wilson after practice on Tuesday.

Here’s Bombers head coach Mike O’Shea on Wilson:

“You see it in practice. He gets shot out of a cannon pretty well on every play. It’s unbelievable. And then when he got to play at the end of last year he had some very physical plays, too, besides the speed plays. So, he’s going to fit in fine.

The Bombers have four quarterbacks in camp in Nichols, Chris Streveler, Bryan Bennett and Sean McGuire. With Nichols and Streveler locked in at 1-2, the main drama unfolding at that spot on the depth chart will be whether McGuire can unseat Bennett.

O’Shea offered this Wednesday when asked what he is looking for from the third-string pivot:

“All three quarterbacks have to be able to step in and win us a game. You’re looking for a guy who on limited reps can come in and execute, because that’s the unfortunate fact – we’re just not going to give them the reps that they may need to feel that they’re going to be successful.

“You need a guy with the mindset that says, ‘I can take the reps on the back end without the ball in my hand, I can take the reps in meetings, I can take the reps with the playbook, see it on film and when I get in I’m going to execute.”

Manitoba Bisons product Geoff Gray continues to get work at the right guard spot with the Bombers No. 1 offence, even as the club moves pieces around and airlifts in new import OL.

“He’s big, athletic… I think you could line him up at a bunch of different spots,” said O’Shea of Gray. “He doesn’t look like a typicall offensive lineman. We were talking the other day, he looks like a giant linebacker. That’s how fit he is. He’s strong, he’s fast, he’s athletic. It’s just a matter of him getting the reps. And us having a different centre, too, is interesting because that all plays into it.

“He’s not going in with a vet on either side that has that comfort level. Right now with Jermarcus (Hardrick) not practising there’s a lot of communication that has to be done. He’s awesome. He’s pretty impressive.”

https://www.bluebombers.com/2019/05/28/notes-camp-day-10-recap/

Edited by Mr Dee

7 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

The Edmonton Redblacks aren't scaring anyone. Contain Walker, get to Harris, profit. 2-0

Ottawa will be easy pickings. Literally, easy picks all game courtesy of Davis or Jennings, whichever. 3-0

I dont think we will either. But thats how it is. If we dont live up, even if we win the sky will be falling. 

5 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

HDay 10 Recap

Kylie Wilson - The 26-year-old Californian knows better now than to take anything for granted.

“Camp’s being going good, just going to work every day, asking the right questions, staying in the book and every day taking it one day at a time and just keep grinding, keep pushing no matter what,” said Wilson after practice on Tuesday.

Here’s Bombers head coach Mike O’Shea on Wilson:

“You see it in practice. He gets shot out of a cannon pretty well on every play. It’s unbelievable. And then when he got to play at the end of last year he had some very physical plays, too, besides the speed plays. So, he’s going to fit in fine.

The Bombers have four quarterbacks in camp in Nichols, Chris Streveler, Bryan Bennett and Sean McGuire. With Nichols and Streveler locked in at 1-2, the main drama unfolding at that spot on the depth chart will be whether McGuire can unseat Bennett.

O’Shea offered this Wednesday when asked what he is looking for from the third-string pivot:

“All three quarterbacks have to be able to step in and win us a game. You’re looking for a guy who on limited reps can come in and execute, because that’s the unfortunate fact – we’re just not going to give them the reps that they may need to feel that they’re going to be successful.

“You need a guy with the mindset that says, ‘I can take the reps on the back end without the ball in my hand, I can take the reps in meetings, I can take the reps with the playbook, see it on film and when I get in I’m going to execute.”

Manitoba Bisons product Geoff Gray continues to get work at the right guard spot with the Bombers No. 1 offence, even as the club moves pieces around and airlifts in new import OL.

“He’s big, athletic… I think you could line him up at a bunch of different spots,” said O’Shea of Gray. “He doesn’t look like a typicall offensive lineman. We were talking the other day, he looks like a giant linebacker. That’s how fit he is. He’s strong, he’s fast, he’s athletic. It’s just a matter of him getting the reps. And us having a different centre, too, is interesting because that all plays into it.

“He’s not going in with a vet on either side that has that comfort level. Right now with Jermarcus (Hardrick) not practising there’s a lot of communication that has to be done. He’s awesome. He’s pretty impressive.”

https://www.bluebombers.com/2019/05/28/notes-camp-day-10-recap/

It's Kyrie though, right? Poor guy really can't take anything for granted.  

I hope he can make the most out of his potential. Hes a great athlete and playing next to bighill will allow him a great amount of margin for error. I feel more and more comfortable with that spot each day. Though I still dream of an NFL returnee. 

13 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

Walker now plays in Tor. You mean Ellingson

I imagine that at some point this video has been posted.  But with Lawler having a great camp ive done some research on the guy and he seems pretty legit. Kenny Lawler scored 27 touchdowns in college and it didn't hurt that Jared Goff was his quarterback no doubt.  However, he's excellent at body position and coming up with those difficult contested catches.  He could be a real gem and give Matty another target that can be thrown to in any one on one situation with confidence. Considering he would be in the same receiving core as Matthews and Adams he probably won't get a lot of double teams.