2019 Main Training Camp

Mr Dee

4 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Since it was about battles for open positions, Tait probably just has Simonise slotted as a back-up to Demski and/or Wolitarsky.  Same reason he didn't mention Streveler when discussing the QB's.

I assume its this. I don't see us starting 3 NI wrs early this season. He also doesnt mention petermann.  But both are on the depthchart for tomorrow. 

19 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Since it was about battles for open positions, Tait probably just has Simonise slotted as a back-up to Demski and/or Wolitarsky.  Same reason he didn't mention Streveler when discussing the QB's.

Well, the QB spot specifically mentions "#3 QB", so not surprising not to see Streveler mentioned. With a blanket "receiver" designation, thought they might include all remaining receivers. And odd to think they have already deemed Simonise (and Petermann for that matter) as a guaranteed back-up when there is still a spot up for grabs. As long as they are still around though, good enough for me.

1 hour ago, Jpan85 said:

You need to have two Canadian receivers as back ups on the roster so Petermann and Simionise are locks to be on 46. I guess he did not get a lot of reps in the first game since they want to get good looks at all the American receivers. 

100%. Schrot could get a PR shot (he looked solid on teams on top of his td) but the NI wrs are set. I feel like we would be in good shape even if one of those guys started a bunch of games this year. I hope both get more touches this year and a decent chunk of action tomorrow. 

Maybe I missed it but does anyone know what is going on with the SAM linebacker position? It seems like a done deal that Fenner has been moved to one of the cornerback spots. I have heard nothing about who is battling to replace him at SAM. Did I miss something?? Im also a little surprised that they moved him. I thought he was solid at SAM and it seems to me its easier to find a replacement cornerback than linebacker.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

4 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Maybe I missed it but does anyone know what is going on with the SAM linebacker position? It seems like a done deal that Fenner has been moved to one of the cornerback spots. I have heard nothing about who is battling to replace him at SAM. Did I miss something?? Im also a little surprised that they moved him. I thought he was solid at SAM and it seems to me its easier to find a replacement cornerback than linebacker.

Gaitor played sam for most of last season, and almost certainly will again this season.

5 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Did Fenner even play SAM much last year? We started with Leggett and then Gaitor took his spot and has been phenomenal playing it IMO.

5 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Gaitor took the job from Fenner last year and seems to have retained it.  Fenner has been relegated to field corner but could potentially lose that job to a rookie if they want to save on SMS.

16 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Did Fenner even play SAM much last year? We started with Leggett and then Gaitor took his spot and has been phenomenal playing it IMO.

Leggett was hurt to start the season so Fenner had the job for the first 3 or 4 games. Then Leggett took it, then Gaitor.

25 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Alexander play a game there too?

I am pretty sure this is correct.

Every one being healthy I think the starters break down as Gaitor, fenner, sayles, rose, alexander, and jones. With one of humes, cooper, and maybe coleman as a DI extra db. Good crop of dbs considering the turn over this year. 

11 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I am pretty sure this is correct.

Every one being healthy I think the starters break down as Gaitor, fenner, sayles, rose, alexander, and jones. With one of humes, cooper, and maybe coleman as a DI extra db. Good crop of dbs considering the turn over this year. 

Should be interesting to see who gets the extra DB spot.  Humes is like Lawler in that he has a great advantage from being here last year and good upside.  Coleman reminds me of Carmichael in that he got burnt a lot but our coaches seem to like him.  I haven't seen enough of our hopeful dbs but I thought Este and Mike Jones showed something in the pre-season game.

5 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Should be interesting to see who gets the extra DB spot.  Humes is like Lawler in that he has a great advantage from being here last year and good upside.  Coleman reminds me of Carmichael in that he got burnt a lot but our coaches seem to like him.  I haven't seen enough of our hopeful dbs but I thought Este and Mike Jones showed something in the pre-season game.

Great points, Este especially looked solid and good on some teams action as well. 

Despite no Mo, no Randle and fogg being gone I feel like this is a strong secondary with out the weak link weve seen in recent years. Atleast so far on paper any way. (pray we dont have another roc)

38 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Great points, Este especially looked solid and good on some teams action as well. 

Despite no Mo, no Randle and fogg being gone I feel like this is a strong secondary with out the weak link weve seen in recent years. Atleast so far on paper any way. (pray we dont have another roc)

I've been cheering for Este through camp... He's got a great story. 

1 hour ago, bigg jay said:

Rios has a great story too but I believe he's been hurt since Oliveira blindsided him.  Lots of guys in camp this year that are easy to root for.

Oliveira blindsided him?

Oh, that sucks. Never a good thing to be on the bubble and something like that happens.

I hope it wasn't intentional- cuz we don't need shits like that on our team. I am high on Brady, but if does **** like that.. dude needs to growthefuckup- those are his team mates.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

10 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Oliveira blindsided him?

Oh, that sucks. Never a good thing to be on the bubble and something like that happens.

I hope it wasn't intentional- cuz we don't need shits like that on our team. I am high on Brady, but if does **** like that.. dude needs to growthefuckup- those are his team mates.

Yeah, not sure if blindside is the right word but Rios definitely wasn't ready for it.

22 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Oliveira blindsided him?

I didnt see the play but it sounded like he was carrying the ball. In which case you gotta be more aware. If not and it was a block and on the dirty side, well tbh ill take some nasty edge out side of the OL. You have limited ability to be physical and make an impact. If its a full on cheap shot, thats not cool. If its similar to what weve seen out of our OL getting down field and smashing guys trying to get in on the back of the play im all for it.