2019 Main Training Camp

Mr Dee

7 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I didnt see the play but it sounded like he was carrying the ball. In which case you gotta be more aware. If not and it was a block and on the dirty side, well tbh ill take some nasty edge out side of the OL. You have limited ability to be physical and make an impact. If its a full on cheap shot, thats not cool. If its similar to what weve seen out of our OL getting down field and smashing guys trying to get in on the back of the play im all for it. 

I didn't see the play either, just saw a few tweets about it.  I love the edge but would rather not have our own guys getting hurt.  Save that for the guys in green tonight!

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Hey Oliveira's trying to make the team too. "Gotta keep your head on a swivel when you find yourself in the middle of a vicious cock fight.... "

Every championship team has a couple guys that other teams players hate to play against. That physical, nasty guy who goes out of his way to mash defenders. 1 or 2 skill players who do that leads to the whole group of offensive skill players doing it a lot more. A lot of times the difference between a big play and nearly a big play is a skill player making an un expected block. 

A a lot of positions are dog fights for roster spots. We have a great amount of talent, but the grit behind the talent is whats going to push the team to the next level. 

55 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Hey Oliveira's trying to make the team too. "Gotta keep your head on a swivel when you find yourself in the middle of a vicious cock fight.... "

So, so much of this. One man, one kit. You're responsible for yourself out there.

Ed Tait has covered the Bombers thoroughly and probably is the best writer (potentait) covering any team in the league. When you cover a team as much, you’re bound to show some bias, but that doesn’t mean he turns a blind eye. He has had some doubts on players and I’ve heard him express them.

On Nichols, I’m sure he sees some flaws but it was very important for Nichols to have worked in that game yesterday and Tait recognizes that.

Enigma, that’s our boy Nichols.

32 minutes ago, BBlink said:

I'm not down on Nichols based on a couple of overthrows with an incredible wind.  His reads were fast and correct and eventually he got into a pretty decent groove.

I echo this. We also dont know if the reciever is running the correct route. Early in a preseason game I tend to put a lot of blame on the receivers and route running. If it's late in he game and the QB is still missing a reciever I tend to blame the QB. 

All in all another nice win and cant wait to get this season going!

44 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Ed Tait has covered the Bombers thoroughly and probably is the best writer (potentait) covering any team in the league. When you cover a team as much, you’re bound to show some bias, but that doesn’t mean he turns a blind eye. He has had some doubts on players and I’ve heard him express them.

On Nichols, I’m sure he sees some flaws but it was very important for Nichols to have worked in that game yesterday and Tait recognizes that.

Enigma, that’s our boy Nichols.

He was with Irving who has turned a blind eye on poor play for the last while.  That's why it used to be funny when Zalnasky would outright call him out and say how much a player stunk it up.  

I didn't watch the game so I can't comment on the play of Nichols.  We all know that he has a weak arm so it doesn't surprise me that the wind caused some issues with him.  

57 minutes ago, Booch said:

Nichols will be fine...has regained mobility so isn't a stationary duck and that wind last night was tough to gauge....once settled in with his o-line..his regular skill guys, and the whole playbook...I'm not too concerned

Agree, if he can roll out and/or move the pocket around, things will fall into place....

2 hours ago, Booch said:

EXACTLY...Plus people over look the fact the right read was made and the ball went to the right "open" guy...no wind those are both caught

Or with a 6'5 rec trying to catch at least one (specifically the Whitehead one where it was a foot too high, as per cjob anyway) and we aren't talking about over throws.