2019 Main Training Camp

Mr Dee

41 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

I’m not just saying this because he’s my first cousin, he’s the best long snapper in the entire world. Perhaps the universe, I can’t speak for other planets. 

So you get free tickets now? 😎

Cousin Zach Greenberg is my dark horse to make the squad. Before you @ me let’s remember chad remple old, real old. He’s definitely on the last year or two of his career and I don’t think it’s crazy to release him for a new (better?) long snapper. People forget how painful it is to have a bad long snapper and I’d rather not lose this LOCAL kid with HUGE upside who will just end up playing for another team and beating us for the next 10-15+ years, all because were too stubborn to cut a 38 year old special teamer. 

#cousinzach

1 minute ago, StudentSection said:

Cousin Zach Greenberg is my dark horse to make the squad. Before you @ me let’s remember chad remple old, real old. He’s definitely on the last year or two of his career and I don’t think it’s crazy to release him for a new (better?) long snapper. People forget how painful it is to have a bad long snapper and I’d rather not lose this LOCAL kid with HUGE upside who will just end up playing for another team and beating us for the next 10-15+ years, all because were too stubborn to cut a 38 year old special teamer. 

#cousinzach

Wow there sparky.  I know you have a personal attachment but you don't cut a proven vet who's one of the top long snappers in the league.  I'm all for giving the local kid a chance and I'll be rooting for him but he's proven absolutely nothing so far.  

Take a breath and let him earn his shot. 

when you have the best kicker/punter in the league, and he is as "quirky" as they come, you don't mess with the tools he needs to get the job done. His snapper being priority #1.....Rempel's going nowhere. But good to have a local kid learn from a vet.

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

when you have the best kicker/punter in the league, and he is as "quirky" as they come, you don't mess with the tools he needs to get the job done. His snapper being priority #1.....Rempel's going nowhere. But good to have a local kid learn from a vet.

Agreed.  If young Zach can show that he's as good as Chad (or really close) then sure, thank  Chad for his service to the team and cut him.  Otherwise, Zack better be able to play special teams and provide value elsewhere until he's ready.  Hometown boy ≠ pro ready

18 minutes ago, Noeller said:

bingoooo

Everyone's preaching continuity being a big reason we're going to be able to compete hard this year and now all of a sudden, we're going to replace our absolute money long snapper for no reason whatsoever after he's built a serious rapport with our kicker?

Nope.

17 minutes ago, Mike said:

bingoooo

Everyone's preaching continuity being a big reason we're going to be able to compete hard this year and now all of a sudden, we're going to replace our absolute money long snapper for no reason whatsoever after he's built a serious rapport with our kicker?

Nope.

Obviously. I am showing support for my cousin, whom while I know is a very good long snapper, is not going to replace the incumbent, who is the best in the league without some sort of injury. Just having a little fun and if he does end up as this team’s long snapper after Rempel retires down the line, all the better. 

Edited by AKAChip

1 minute ago, AKAChip said:

Obviously. I am showing support for my cousin, whom while I know is a very good long snapper, is not going to replace the incumbent, who is the best in the league, without some sort of injury. Just having a little fun and if he does end up as this team’s long snapper after Rempel retires down the line, all the better. Just having some fun. 

lol I know where you're coming from, no worries. FWIW, I think it'd be incredibly wise of this team to PR him either way, because we will eventually need him and yeah, he's definitely good at his job.

48 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

Wow there sparky.  I know you have a personal attachment but you don't cut a proven vet who's one of the top long snappers in the league.  I'm all for giving the local kid a chance and I'll be rooting for him but he's proven absolutely nothing so far.  

Take a breath and let him earn his shot. 

I don’t have an attachment to him. I just hate keeping players when they’re past their expiration date, especially when we have the next messiah of long snappers. I

i think the chemistry between medlock and his long snapper is a little over rated. We need someone who can put the ball right in the money, everytime, that some is unquestionably #cousinzach

#freecousinzach