2019 Main Training Camp

Mr Dee

Just now, Geebrr said:

Prepare for a barrage of Sam Hurl comments 

And Macho Harris...  Ejiro Kuale...  Pierre Luc Labbe... etc ha

We would be lighting up Sask if Hecht was penciled in as their starting safety...

1 minute ago, do or die said:

Way Loffler played most of last season......drop off may not be that noticeable

Umm... except that Loffler had more tackles and interceptions last season than Hecht has in the last... eight.

#freederekjones

9 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Umm... except that Loffler had more tackles and interceptions last season than Hecht has in the last... eight.

#freederekjones

Not thinking so much about Hecht, who is 33.......Jones or somebody of that ilk, to give us more range and deep help

you all ever tend to think that maybe they are giving Hecth all this work to play himself off the team, or prove he isn't starter calibre..and giving Jones a bit more recovery time and less wear on his knee???...from all accounts and what was said in off-season Jones was their guy...i doubt that has changed

23 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

So you're saying a starter has better stats than a back-up/special teamer?  That's mind bottling stuff, please tell us more.

Get this... In the last 5 years Ryan Lankford has more TD receptions then Chris Matthews has had in the CFL....   we should cut that Matthews bum and bring back and start Lankford! 

11 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Get this... In the last 5 years Ryan Lankford has more TD receptions then Chris Matthews has had in the CFL....   we should cut that Matthews bum and bring back and start Lankford! 

Ottawa has Lankford. We should be scared with them. 😱

1 hour ago, Booch said:

you all ever tend to think that maybe they are giving Hecth all this work to play himself off the team, or prove he isn't starter calibre..and giving Jones a bit more recovery time and less wear on his knee???...from all accounts and what was said in off-season Jones was their guy...i doubt that has changed

I'm still damaged from when we were told that the MLB job was up for grabs and then Hurl basically got all the reps in camp ha...

But the really question is why give basically a career special teamer a chance to work himself off the team...  throw Janke or one of the young guys out there to see what we've got to backup Jones

18 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I'm still damaged from when we were told that the MLB job was up for grabs and then Hurl basically got all the reps in camp ha...

But the really question is why give basically a career special teamer a chance to work himself off the team...  throw Janke or one of the young guys out there to see what we've got to backup Jones

Good point, keeping Hecht means somebody else gets cut.  If Jones goes down they're probably plugging in Hecht and this could happen at anytime.

2 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Hecht is a smart guy he is not going to screw anything up may get beat physically but not coverage wise.

that's kinda my thought...they must love that he's a really smart guy back there and is going to do exactly what he's told. He's a soldier...

Day 5 Recap

It took Jackson Jeffcoat roughly, oh, a nanosecond to appreciate what the addition of Willie Jefferson would mean not only to the Bombers D-line, but helping with his game, too.

More good words about Richardson. And Jefferson and Mathews, and their leadership.

Among those standing out on Thursday were WR Rashaun Simonise, S Derek Jones, DE Craig Roh, DE Patrick Choudja, CB Chandler Fenner, WR Kenny Lawler… 

DB Alex Rios had to leave practice after being drilled by RB Brady Oliveira.

LS Chad Rempel was back on the field, after being heavily involved in collective bargaining agreement talks as a key figure in the CFL Players’ Association. “It can be contentious and challenging. But I think, most importantly, both sides wanted to get a deal done and we truly feel like this is a partnership moving forward. We’ve worked through it and everybody’s happy. It’s a fair deal for everyone.”

Edited by Mr Dee