2019 Main Training Camp

Mr Dee

Day 3 of training camp - Ed Tait

“I feel great. Coming in and just contributing to the team… great environment, great people, great coaches. I just feel love. I feel like I’m at home,” said Rose.

Coming in to Winnipeg and seeing what they did last year with just one game short of the Grey Cup, I just feel like me contributing to the team will help us get there and win us one.”

One more on Rose, this from head coach Mike O’Shea:  “I thought today was a real slick practice for him. It seemed like he covered well, he runs well and you can hear him out there getting the chatter going. He was quite noticeable today.”

Catching our eye on Tuesday were receivers Drew Wolitarsky, Daniel Petermann and Rasheed Bailey – who was working with the starting unit – along with CB Winston Rose, DB Chris Humes, DE Willie Jefferson, OL Michael Couture, Cody Speller and Frank Sutton and DT Steven Richardson.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2019/05/21/notes-camp-day-3-recap/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

57 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Richardson look like he could displace Nevis?

Well it's only couple days of camp so saying that is jumping the gun.. but the guy is a force and his skill is really noticeable as is his physical appearance..the dudes arms hanging there look like legs..

You cant discount experience and familiarity in the league and Nevis is damn good and underrated and isnt breaking the bank, but I cant see us letting Richardson go, but who knows how management is thinking but having both on roster would be a deadly rotation with Bryant.

I could see us letting Roh go or PR'ing him if he would accept, especially with Kongbo in the picture.

Bryant can take reps on the end and I bet Richardson would be good there too and would make people think of Dwight Freeney

I don't see Jake Thomas losing his job to Tariq or Maxx Forde but Connor Griffiths is basically a younger, bigger version of Jake, IMO.  Same great motor with a little more power behind it. I think he's got a good shot at winning a spot on the team.

On 2019-05-19 at 10:53 AM, AKAChip said:

Wolitarsky has the low key potential to be our best receiver. Between age, talent and passport, I couldn’t be happier if it happens. 

Lord knows we are due to find a stud Canadian receiver.. he definitely looks like he has the tools. We've got some real good talent behind (beside?) him as well.. Simonise is still a very intriguing prospect..

4 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

Lord knows we are due to find a stud Canadian receiver.. he definitely looks like he has the tools. We've got some real good talent behind (beside?) him as well.. Simonise is still a very intriguing prospect..

Agreed.

People seem to forget about Petermann too. I don't know why?