Around the League: 2019 Off Season

SpeedFlex27
Message added by Rich

For minor off-season non-Bomber CFL news.  Any significant stories or news that is likely to generate significant discussion may have its own thread created. General Bomber news can be found here.

Just now, yogi said:

I regret ever suggesting there could be a better way for us to have organized discussions regarding Blue Bomber news. It was crazy idea.

It's not a crazy idea!

I probably read around 99% of the posts made in the CFL forum as it is, yet even I think there is room to improve. We'll get by the way things are, though, if we have to. As a chronic lurker I'm just glad for content, however it's organized. Once the season actually starts there will be plenty to talk about and more varied threads will hopefully pop up.

50 minutes ago, yogi said:

I regret ever suggesting there could be a better way for us to have organized discussions regarding Blue Bomber news. It was crazy idea.

We actually had this discussion last year around this time, in a thread called "How many threads do you want?"

Edited by Atomic

52 minutes ago, yogi said:

It was a good idea... its just your approach if that makes you feel better...

Sigh...

1) I agree with the notion that having an entire offseason split between two threads makes for cumbersome reading.

2) I remember certain members starting 10 different threads complaining about Richie Hall every time the Bombers allowed more than 20 points in a game, or starting a new topic every time a leaf fell from a tree, which was beginning to cause others to consider self-harm, and was a contributor to threads getting trimmed.

3) Trent Corney was a bad example to pick as he hadn't dressed for the Bombers in about 10 months and if this became a topic it would have long been buried on page 4 by now.

4) Manase Foketi not being at camp is a great example of a topic considering every person outside the Bomber organization, and perhaps a few inside the organization, thought he was on the field the entire time.

5) While anyone can start a thread at any time, as soon as they do there are people here who demand the mods to merge it into the two main threads.

6) The main reason I spend less time here and almost never post anymore is because of how incredibly childish adults seem to behave.  As evidenced over the last 24 hours when a simple idea was thrown out, and yes, it had been thrown out before.

7) This is a privately-owned website maintained by volunteers, and I am getting something for nothing, and I am thankful for both the something that I get and the nothing that I have to give.  Thanks Rich and team.

😎 But if you make 8 points you do get a free pair of sunglasses!!  I will wear them to the game Friday!!  Bomber football!!

On 2019-05-25 at 6:16 PM, johnzo said:

The young man in Winnipeg with the Jim Zorn jersey is my all-time fave.

No way that kid was alive when Jim Zorn was a Bomber.

He’s a friend of mine... he was alive when Zorn played here, albeit not old enough to remember him play... the story behind the jersey is his family actually made friends with the Zorns in their short time here and still keep in touch to this day...