Around the League: 2019 Off Season

SpeedFlex27
Message added by Rich

For minor off-season non-Bomber CFL news.  Any significant stories or news that is likely to generate significant discussion may have its own thread created. General Bomber news can be found here.

How sad is it that even with bad teams the Eastern Division teams can't fill 23-25,000 stadiums. Just tells you the support the Bombers get from this City. There's a real bond between the team & it's fans.  Back in 2013 & 2014 when things were at it's worse & things looked totally bleak.  When Marcel Desjardins laughed at us.  When legit coaches & free agents refused to come here. Never once did I fear the team would fold or that attendance would crater. Can't say that about any team down east.

9 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

The Riders have a bad QB group, a bad OL, so so receivers and the D lost some key guys. How does anybody think they are going to be decent?

Not sure their OL is bad... it’s just that collaros and mcadoo are awful

1 minute ago, Floyd said:

Not sure their OL is bad... it’s just that collaros and mcadoo are awful

when you're fretting about Dan Clark being able to play because your OL desperately needs him........that's a big big red flag.

6 minutes ago, Noeller said:

when you're fretting about Dan Clark being able to play because your OL desperately needs him........that's a big big red flag.

Except they don’t... bladek, shepley and Blake is better interior

I would even look at moving judge to WIL and playing 3 import OL if necessary

43 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Wouldn't get too comfortable. The team is not folding any time soon but last I heard, season tickets are down about 3000 compared to this time last year. Between 17k and 18k now.

I thought I heard season tickets were only 19,000 or so last year.  Even still if it is between 17 - 18k, that probably has to be our lowest season ticket count in some time...maybe the lowest since the late 90s.  For it to fall off at all with our first playoff win in 8 years last season is a bit of a concern.

7 minutes ago, Floyd said:

How is that better?  Shepley is a completely unproven rookie and Bladek is coming off a serious injury.  Add in Clark's health issues and there is definitely reason for concern about their OL.

13 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Bladek is coming off a serious injury and looked average last season, Blake seems to be on the decline and Shepley is a fairly raw rookie. I disagree.

Shepley is all potential at moment..Bladek fresh off rehab and wasnt that good..labatte..Coleman..Blake..Ckarke are all in the 31 to 35 yr old range as well..not a good scenario for proclaiming a strong line.. especially protecting for a paper mache QB and your 2 main RB's on the wrong side of 30...same with Roosevekt..Arceneaux..Hughes..Johnson..Ryan.. i bet if you look at their potential starting 24 plus punter 14 or 15 are all 31 yrs old or older...that's an old team hoping for lightning in a bottle

Edited by Booch

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Shepley is all potential at moment..Bladek fresh off rehab and wasnt that good..labatte..Coleman..Blake..Ckarke are all in the 31 to 35 yr old range as well..not a good scenario for proclaiming a strong line.. especially protecting for a paper mache QB and your 2 main RB's on the wrong side of 30...same with Roosevekt..Arceneaux..Hughes..Johnson..Ryan.. i bet if you look at their potential starting 24 plus punter 14 or 15 are all 31 yrs old or older...that's an old team hoping for lightning in a bottle

Foucault will shake loose and be an instant upgrade...  I’d seriously sign foketi off our PR because I don’t see a way of keeping him on game day 

not the best options but sakes could solidify their line...  

the Rec core... they need some depth signings - collaros will ha f Roosevelt and arseneaux our to dry too many times to stay healthy 

1 minute ago, Booch said:

Foketti would want to leave which I doubt..plus has been on 46 last 2 yrs so gets full pay..plus he loves this team

If Eli continues to show well and Gray/Neufeld can at least fill in at RT... how do you not PR foketi?

Prob gotta have desjarlais on active roster 

maybe 1g him...

16 minutes ago, Floyd said:

If Eli continues to show well and Gray/Neufeld can at least fill in at RT... how do you not PR foketi?

Prob gotta have desjarlais on active roster 

maybe 1g him...

Let's say Bryant, Neufeld, Couture, Gray, Hardrick with Desjarlais as the 6 game day OL. You can still put Foketti and Eli as your two man reserve.

1 minute ago, rebusrankin said:

Let's say Bryant, Neufeld, Couture, Gray, Hardrick with Desjarlais as the 6 game day OL. You can still put Foketti and Eli as your two man reserve.

True... but I have a feeling we will want to have a import DL on there

3 hours ago, Atomic said:

Wouldn't get too comfortable. The team is not folding any time soon but last I heard, season tickets are down about 3000 compared to this time last year. Between 17k and 18k now.

Montreal & Toronto would love those numbers. So would the Lions.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

God I hope they lock themselves into playing a NI on DL and LB every down with the guys they have.  Great for us with Harris and Oliviera.

You don’t like Judge/zack Evans rotation?  I’d take that