Streveler development

BomberfanMKS

Gotta say I'm really liking how the Bombers have been developing Streveler.  Even notwithstanding this last game where they gave him the 4th quarter to run the offense, they have been consistently using him in their short yardage red zone scoring packages... and not just as a running threat.

He looks like he could be our QB of the future and I really appreciate the way their trying to make that happen.

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

Most of the people wanted Nichols on the bench when he clearly was rattled and not playing good at all.    It still would of been good to give Streveler a few quarters during the losing streak just to see if he could jump start the offense. 

That was a month ago and I was one of them. I was happy to see Streveler, LaFrance and Peterman get the 4th quarter yesterday.

22 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

Welcome!  Most don't agree with you though. Many here want Nicholls thrown out with the garbage and Streveler anointed as our 1st stringer.  

Best thing for streveler is to not be forced. No matter what, while he has done everything you can ask of a rookie qb the best situation is for him to continue to learn this year and go into camp next year with this experience and see what he can do in year 2. That will be the big thing with him. He has all the talent and athleticism in the world. He could be a better nealon greene type of qb right now. But he could be some thing otherworldly if he takes the next step. 

8 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Most of the people wanted Nichols on the bench when he clearly was rattled and not playing good at all.    It still would of been good to give Streveler a few quarters during the losing streak just to see if he could jump start the offense. 

More reps in those situations would have been better, though we always seem to struggle with timing on switching qbs like that. Blow out in either direction or otherwise.

Its a great, long-awaited day in bomber land. We have the next guy waiting in the wings outperforming expectations and still contributing as the no2. And our no3 is the perfect guy to back him up. Similar skill set and athleticism. Can contribute as a no3 qb. Young enough to hope for upside but we dont have to bank on it. If we go into camp next year with the 3 qbs we have right now we are in great shape. One more young guy to push from the bottom and eat up reps so no one gets overworked and we are gravy at qb. 

9 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Aren't you bitching non stop about Nichols literally swaggering down the field after a touchdown pass? 

I never called what matt did after finally connecting on a long ball TD as "swagger"..... I am calling it the silly walk.

When a player can pull off the swagger it actually intimidates others......Matts celebration did not do that yesterday. 

5 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

I never called what matt did after finally connecting on a long ball TD as "swagger"..... I am calling it the silly walk.

When a player can pull off the swagger it actually intimidates others......Matts celebration did not do that yesterday. 

Man are you spinning to fit your narrative, and this post just shows how biased you are on Nichols.  

It was a great play.  When a QB and receiver hook up to make a play like that, let them celebrate however they want.  Was a great play, was great to see the team and Nichols pumped to do it. 

16 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

If that's his silly walk then he needs to apply for more funding.

I’m actually thinking this thread might be bait, to stir up a commotion. I dunno. 

26 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

He never said you said it was swagger. It might surprise you that others have imagination or experience to appreciate and have lots of fun with Nichols play. Your spite of a great play, demonstrated by slagging an expected and harmless celebration confirms your begruding and shallow attitude. 

23 minutes ago, Rich said:

Man are you spinning to fit your narrative, and this post just shows how biased you are on Nichols.  

It was a great play.  When a QB and receiver hook up to make a play like that, let them celebrate however they want.  Was a great play, was great to see the team and Nichols pumped to do it. 

I would like to respectfully disagree with your comment about me spinning my narrative.  I am not changing anything I said from the beginning, I am just correcting others who are putting words in my mouth/narrative, words that I never said or typed.  

It was a good play.  I am not trying to stop any celebrations.  

1 minute ago, Rod Black said:

I’m actually thinking this thread might be bait, to stir up a commotion. I dunno. 

He never said you said it was swagger. It might surprise you that others have imagination or experience to appreciate and have lots of fun with Nichols play. Your spite of a great play, demonstrated by slagging an expected and harmless celebration confirms your begruding and shallow attitude. 

I would tell my own kid the same things if he ever did that in a game lol.

3 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

4 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

I would like to respectfully disagree with your comment about me spinning my narrative.  I am not changing anything I said from the beginning, I am just correcting others who are putting words in my mouth/narrative, words that I never said or typed.  

It was a good play.  I am not trying to stop any celebrations.  

Give it up, you never have anything good to say about Nichols. When he was struggling a month ago you were eagerly telling us, I told you so. You give him absolutely no credit for anything. Even a great play.  So, no one believes how you spin it.

9 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

I never once used,   " I told you so " in anything related to Nichols since I have been here.......the ride ain't over yet.  He is our starter,  so I gotta back him every time he starts.

Your grasp of a metaphor is astounding. Yet, I cannot look away. 

On 2018-08-26 at 12:46 AM, NorthernSkunk said:

Hey where is Booch ?..... I need him to take a message to that other board that I got booted from for dissing Nichols.  Or is anyone lurking here from there that could help me ? 

Not a specific quote of "I told you so", but I gotta say, this is pretty darn close. Your words, not mine. Also fun fact, you can see all posts from a specific member by looking at their profile.

1 hour ago, NorthernSkunk said:

swag·ger

ˈswaɡər/

verb

walk or behave in a very confident and typically arrogant or aggressive way.

"he swaggered along the corridor"

synonyms:strut, parade, stride; 

noun

a very confident and typically arrogant or aggressive gait or manner.

"they strolled around the camp with an exaggerated swagger"

synonyms:strut; 

So like I said, he was literally swaggering down the field, and you pump up Streveler for having swagger, but when Nichols does it it's silly. You can't have it both ways, all you are doing is proving your bias against Nichols. 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

swag·ger

ˈswaɡər/

verb

noun

So like I said, he was literally swaggering down the field, and you pump up Streveler for having swagger, but when Nichols does it it's silly. You can't have it both ways, all you are doing is proving your bias against Nichols. 

Let it be man... don't

tenor.gif

13 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

I never once used,   " I told you so " in anything related to Nichols since I have been here.......the ride ain't over yet.  He is our starter,  so I gotta back him every time he starts, despite the fact I can't stand him. And then crap on him for celebrating a 72-yard TD pass.

FTFY

13 hours ago, 17to85 said:

swag·ger

ˈswaɡər/

verb

noun

Big Chris does it without even knowing he is doing it.......Matts attempt just looked silly......even the timing of it was bad.