Matt Nichols - YAY!!!!!!!!!

TrueBlue4ever

10 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

We're all angry with the way this season has gone 

I am not angry,  maybe a little bummed when I have to converse with rider fans but I definitly am not angry.  It's sports,  and then it's  entertainment nothing more than that.  Im sure all the players are giving it 110% and want to win as much as we want them to win. 

1 hour ago, Old Bomber Fan said:

Sorry guys it is hard to convince me that it was a great win. They are the worst team in the league and we are now in last place in the west. At the rate we are going and considering our schedule going forward we will not make the playoff. The rose coloured glasses are off!

How anyone can say we're the worst team is completely exaggerating the situation. Montreal is the worst, then comes Toronto. I'd put us at third worst right now & there's a big difference between #9 & #7. 

4 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

I am not angry,  maybe a little bummed when I have to converse with rider fans but I definitely am not angry.  It's sports,  and then it's  entertainment nothing more than that.  I'm sure all the players are giving it 110% and want to win as much as we want them to win. 

Obviously, you have not been watching Adarius Bowman the past few games. And to nit-pick, by definition it is impossible to give more than 100%.

On 2018-09-22 at 6:09 PM, J5V said:

Nichols struggles have been a more recent development but O'Shea has been a failure for years now. He's super-loyal to his players at the expense of the team and he's stubborn to a fault. Has been for 5 years now, not gonna change or learn. I want what's best for the team and if that means O'Shea's demise, it can't come soon enough.

I don't disagree with everything you say... but you say that you want whats best for the Bombers... while simultaneously saying that you want the Bombers to lose... realistically if you wanted what was best for the team you would be cheering for Coach O'Shea's success...

When I wrote they were the worst team I wasn’t referring to the bombers but Montreal. Regardless everyone who was saying how great we were and how great our talent was say the same things year after year without considering other teams improve as well. Our problem is our coaching and I’ve said it hat from day one! Many said give him a chance and now we have given them, all the coaches, what 4 1/2 years and what do we have to show for it! He still does not have a winning record while the likes of Campbell and jones have out coached him each year and even jones tore up a sask team and rebuilt it in two years....and I’m a bomber fan! It sure says a lot about our head office and more particular our head coach

8 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You've gone full meltdown. I can support some of the things you say but not all of them. 

Oddly I feel the same about your posts except for the meltdown part. You do go off on people though and make it personal. I try to keep it to Bomber talk.

Miller, Walters and O'Shea talk about winning and doing the heavy lifting to make it happen. Where? When? Do we have the best players? No. Do we have the best coaches? No. Do we have the best scouting? No. Do we have the best offense? No. Do we have the best defense or special teams? No and no. I'm not melting down. I'm taking an objective look at all aspects of this team. Sure we do some things well, but we do so many things poorly that it completely overshadows the positives. You said yourself that we are likely the 3rd worst team in the league.

I've been watching this team as long as you have and I've seen it when we were the best! More than once. It's no secret how we did that. We had the best players and coaches. We need to return to that. Can Miller, Walters, and O'Shea provide that? I very seriously doubt it. Therefore, how can any Bomber fan be happy with the status quo?

I'll be happy when we have the best players and coaches in the CFL because that's when the championships are most likely to come. So how, as a fan, do I help that to happen? By accepting poor to mediocre coaches and players? Or by expressing my displeasure with the current situation? 

Edited by J5V

On 2018-09-25 at 3:08 PM, Old Bomber Fan said:

When I wrote they were the worst team I wasn’t referring to the bombers but Montreal. Regardless everyone who was saying how great we were and how great our talent was say the same things year after year without considering other teams improve as well. Our problem is our coaching and I’ve said it hat from day one! Many said give him a chance and now we have given them, all the coaches, what 4 1/2 years and what do we have to show for it! He still does not have a winning record while the likes of Campbell and jones have out coached him each year and even jones tore up a sask team and rebuilt it in two years....and I’m a bomber fan! It sure says a lot about our head office and more particular our head coach

Fans are a strange bunch. Some are cheerleaders regardless of the state of the team. Some will take any positive there is and try to inflate it into some kind of super thing the Bombers have done just because it's the Bombers. Some are ambivalent. Others are negative. And still others will point out every perceived flaw with the team. I guess it all balances out. 

21 hours ago, J5V said:

I'll be happy when we have the best players and coaches in the CFL because that's when the championships are most likely to come. So how, as a fan, do I help that to happen? By accepting poor to mediocre coaches and players? Or by expressing my displeasure with the current situation? 

It’s been 5 seasons of mediocrity. That’s enough. This regime has been given an adequate chance to raise the level. Changes need to happen. There have to be consequences (Kavis, 2013).

Did no one watch most of the game? Offence sputtering? They put up points. drove the field...and reminder, they did so usually from the opponents side of the field. Hard to get those nice stats when you only need 40 yards for a touchdown. 

Offence did its job. Defence was lights out. Special teams held it down. How anyone can complain after a win like is beyond me.

14 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Did no one watch most of the game? Offence sputtering? They put up points. drove the field...and reminder, they did so usually from the opponents side of the field. Hard to get those nice stats when you only need 40 yards for a touchdown. 

Offence did its job. Defence was lights out. Special teams held it down. How anyone can complain after a win like is beyond me.

Matt going 16/20 for 179 yards and one interception was not overly impressive. And Harris getting 73 yards on 20 carries was mediocre.

49 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Hard to get stats when you lose yards and end up punting from where you started on a bunch of your possessions too.

Very happy for the win vs Esks, Great effort by the D. But Matt Nichols looks like a liability who could undermine Bombers success going forward. A grand total of 12 TD passes in 11 games. Terrible efficiency rating, worst INT % among starting QBs in the CFL. He is in the Collaros, Jennings, Franklin, Bethel-Thompson club - and way below the Reilly, Masoli, Mitchell, Harris club.

53 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Matt going 16/20 for 179 yards and one interception was not overly impressive. And Harris getting 73 yards on 20 carries was mediocre.

4 incompletions in a game is not impressive? Again, hard to put up big numbers when u only need 40 yards...and for a solid quarter you're in run the clock territory.