Crossover Standings after Week 12

DougR

Even with another loss, the Bombers have a decent grip on the crossover playoff position.  However, they need to start winning some games. 😉  I don't think they can make the playoffs without any additional wins this season.  Crossover Standings: https://www.cfl.ca/standings/#crossover

Week 13: Who we need to lose to preserve the Bomber's crossover position since we can't count on them beating the Riders.

RedBlacks at Lions (GO RedBlacks)

Tiger-Cats at Argos (GO Ti-Cats)

Thank God the Alouettes have the week off. 😉

Edited by DougR

9 minutes ago, Booch said:

if we win 2 more games...pretty much is a given we can get the crossover this year i think...though that being said...we are 2 points out of second right now...

Technically not. Edmonton and Sask have season series on Bombers. So 2nd and 3rd are currently out of reach.  And riders have one more game then we do currently. So you're being to optimistic lol.

1 minute ago, TheBandit said:

Technically not. Edmonton and Sask have season series on Bombers. So 2nd and 3rd are currently out of reach.  And riders have one more game then we do currently. So you're being to optimistic lol.

Riders have the season series? Edmonton have the season series? Did I sleep through 3 games? 

well duhh...i meant worst case....neither have season series on us yet...i was saying for the cross over

I totally think it is realistic we sweep the riders here...giving us the series...Edmonton...not too sure, but they have a pretty pourous defense and have lost to some bad teams this year themselves...They don't really scare me even with all our warts at the moment..we can improve greatly by the time we play them too

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

well duhh...i meant worst case....neither have season series on us yet...i was saying for the cross over

I totally think it is realistic we sweep the riders here...giving us the series...Edmonton...not too sure, but they have a pretty pourous defense and have lost to some bad teams this year themselves...They don't really scare me even with all our warts at the moment..we can improve greatly by the time we play them too

I get what you're trying to say. All I'm saying is as of today, those teams are both ahead of the Bombers and the Bombers need to beat both those teams as well as beat the points diff.

6 hours ago, TheBandit said:

I get what you're trying to say. All I'm saying is as of today, those teams are both ahead of the Bombers and the Bombers need to beat both those teams as well as beat the points diff.

Your point about point differential only really matters against CAL ... we play 3 against both SSK and EDM, and the season series takes precedent over point differential. For those keeping track, we already have the season series against BC which should help keep us out of the basement.

2 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

Your point about point differential only really matters against CAL ... we play 3 against both SSK and EDM, and the season series takes precedent over point differential. For those keeping track, we already have the season series against BC which should help keep us out of the basement.

Cold comfort, this.

24 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Unless one game ends in a tie

49 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Unless one game ends in a tie

While technically true, ties are really rare in the CFL. Argos have the most of any club to date with 26 ties since 1907. I would also argue its' even rarer for ties to occur in the current overtime format - they just don't happen that often. Besides, its kind of a moot point to say you're working against the point differential you lose the first game of a 3-game series...of course you are, otherwise you wouldn't have lost the first game.

Edited by Eternal optimist

32 minutes ago, Booch said:

we are going 5-2 closing out the season..and based on the teams we play to for it to happen..likely end up in second in west..bank on it! 

I'll have whatever he is drinking. Going 5-2 to close out the season? Never going to happen! After reviewing the last seven I think a 2-5 or 3-4 (given that the next to last game is with Calgary in the Peg and they will probably not be playing many starters) we could see 3-4 over the last 7. Then we might make the cross over and be one and done in the playoffs. 

Edited by BBRT

Have a lil faith..we have just been working out the kinks lol...but seriously.....

I can't see why we don't sweep the Riders at home, and coming out of the bye have no excuse not to beat the Al's at home. Ottawa loss was I think more of a dud game than a true indication of what we are as a team and see us winning that one, and a split with Edmonton is pretty realistic..pretty hard to beat a team 3 times in a year and even then...they ain't that good.

Final game of year against CGY...at home...with them likely sitting some key guys could be a win for us as well...but you never know...but closing out 5-2 isn't a stretch, possible 6-1 if CGY rests most their starters or back to 5-2 if the Shmoes sweep us...and all hinges on if we stand up and deliver on Saturday...or we turtle and concede we are fractured...a big win...convincingly and our season turns

Big time players come up with big time plays in big games...lets see who our bigtime players are..or if we have any 

Edited by Booch

33 minutes ago, Booch said:

Have a lil faith..we have just been working out the kinks lol...but seriously.....

I can't see why we don't sweep the Riders at home, and coming out of the bye have no excuse not to beat the Al's at home. Ottawa loss was I think more of a dud game than a true indication of what we are as a team and see us winning that one, and a split with Edmonton is pretty realistic..pretty hard to beat a team 3 times in a year and even then...they ain't that good.

Final game of year against CGY...at home...with them likely sitting some key guys could be a win for us as well...but you never know...but closing out 5-2 isn't a stretch, possible 6-1 if CGY rests most their starters or back to 5-2 if the Shmoes sweep us...and all hinges on if we stand up and deliver on Saturday...or we turtle and concede we are fractured...a big win...convincingly and our season turns

Big time players come up with big time plays in big games...lets see who our bigtime players are..or if we have any 

Don't take this the wrong way, but you got a tough schedule down the stretch.  Road game in Ottawa. Edmonton is a tough road game for any team and you go there twice.  I see you winning 3 more games

On 2018-09-04 at 10:43 AM, Booch said:

if we win 2 more games...pretty much is a given we can get the crossover this year i think...though that being said...we are 2 points out of second right now...

Two more games would mean a 7 - 11 record?  Yikes.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

we are going 5-2 closing out the season..and based on the teams we play to for it to happen..likely end up in second in west..bank on it! 

1 hour ago, BBRT said:

I'll have whatever he is drinking. Going 5-2 to close out the season? Never going to happen! After reviewing the last seven I think a 2-5 or 3-4 (given that the next to last game is with Calgary in the Peg and they will probably not be playing many starters) we could see 3-4 over the last 7. Then we might make the cross over and be one and done in the playoffs. 

lol!!!!! Damn son what are you drinking. 5-2 to close out the season? Would you like to bet some money on this?

Yup..5-2...I'll stand by that claim

I look at things differently than disgruntled and with no offence to anyone on here.. somewhat ignorance of aspects of pro football and reasons for what. And why.. and fuel a lot of their opinions an ideals on passion for a team and at b.c times..unfounded displeasure of things...but to each their own..let the next 7 play out and then discuss